2155 9 2014-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rusty
lvl.3

United States

Here's my first video.
http://youtu.be/8RgoL1dv9RU

A collection of short clips form my latest trip to the Gulf Islands in British Columbia. I have no idea what I am doing. I just buzzed around and pulled the few seconds of decent video out of each segment. I was pretty afraid of the water at first, but quickly found that catching and releasing by hand was the way to go.

Rusty
2014-9-27
Use props
FromAdronesEye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93146 ft
Dominican Republic

Very Nice!!
2014-9-27
Use props
TimmyG94
lvl.1

United States

Nice video!  I'm still baffled how some of you guys are so comfortable flying over large patches of water.  I'm a landlubber redneck in Ohio so I prefer to keep my Vision+ over cornfields and hayfields where I can easily retrieve it in case it goes down.  

Hand-catching should now be mandatory for Phantom owners!  I usually use a large Priority Mail cardboard box for takeoffs.  Endless free supply of those.
2014-9-27
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great shots! Once I get a second Phantom in my business arsenal I will certainly be bringing one with me to our annual trips to the Bahamas and Greece. I can't even imagine the insane shots I could have gotten had I had one in Ios or Ithaka, or any of the other gorgeous Greek Islands I have been to. Your video is inspiring and makes me want to swallow my fear and fly over open water. Thanks for sharing!
2014-9-27
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

Very nice and well put together.
2014-9-27
Use props
adamstw
lvl.1

United States

Great video and great location. WOW no wind. What is that like LOL.
2014-9-27
Use props
rusty
lvl.3

United States

Thanks!

"I'm still baffled how some of you guys are so comfortable flying over large patches of water. "

For the lost part, I was not comfortable. There was simply no choice. As you can see from the first segment, I started out from shore using the case as a landing pad. As I got a bit more comfortable, and of course, as a matter of necessity, I started hand launching and retrieving from the boat.

The distance limit proved to be a bit of a challenge when the boat was moving. We had to go back for it when it hit the limit twice before I figured out how to reset the "home" position in flight. It looked so lonely hovering there at the distance limit while we motored away.
2014-9-27
Use props
TimmyG94
lvl.1

United States

"The distance limit proved to be a bit of a challenge when the boat was moving. We had to go back for it when it hit the limit twice before I figured out how to reset the "home" position in flight. It looked so lonely hovering there at the distance limit while we motored away."

Hopefully, the next iteration of the Phantom 3 or 4 will enable a moving home point like a boat or car so that your bird will know where to come back to if you lose control signal.  There's even rumors DJI might copy the AirDog project on Kickstarter and allow your Phantom to follow you around like a loyal puppy.  
2014-9-27
Use props
TioGallo
lvl.1

United States

Nice first video!  I just finished my first as well.  Hope you don't mind if I post it here.
2014-9-28
Use props
motnahp
lvl.1

Australia

How do you put vid on utube
2015-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules