Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO App v2.7: one bug and one thing I miss
1177 10 2016-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vr-pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4668169 ft

Hi everyone!
In the recent DJI GO App v2.7 I found a bug and there is one thing I miss.
The bug:
In the white balance menu the word "cloudy" is written next to sun symbol and the word "sunny" is written next to the cloud symbol...
The thing I miss:
In the map view there was up to now a pen tool which could be used to draw lines on the map. I frequently used it to draw flight corridors (before take off) to mark critical areas which were then easy to recognize and avoid during flight.
Is there a chance to get this safety adding tool back?

Always happy landings!

2016-3-20
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-20
Use props
Not A Speck Of
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

Also, the set home-point icons are gone. They were right next to the pen I believe and had much more value to me.

2016-3-20
Use props
vr-pilot
Second Officer

Not A Speck Of  Posted at 2016-3-21 10:13
Also, the set home-point icons are gone. They were right next to the pen I believe and had much more ...

That is also a thing I don't find too handy.
I used the "arrow" and "operator" symbol quite a lot just to update the next more useful home point manually.
Now I have to be sure to leave the MC settings menu (where the two home point variants can now only be set) not in an advanced settings page, as this would hide these two options for maybe some valuable seconds...
2016-3-20
Use props
Kneepuck
Captain
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Not close to the drone bow to check  for myself,  but isn't one of the options for the programmable buttons on the back of the r/c to set home point?
2016-3-20
Use props
Rnfaust
Second Officer
Flight distance : 734938 ft

Not A Speck Of  Posted at 2016-3-21 10:13
Also, the set home-point icons are gone. They were right next to the pen I believe and had much more ...

To your point, this is what I wrote on another post:

I don't know if anyone noticed, but in the GO app on IOS, the Home Point icon disappeared from the left side of the main screen. Now there is just the Take off/Landing icon and the RTH icon.

So what you say? Well if you are like me, and few are I'm sure, you might need to reset your Home Point after take off. I do because I often take off from under a covered deck. Sounds crazy, but I have a good reason. I don't want  RTH to land my P3 on the roof.

The missing Home Point icon is the Go app button that resets your Home Point.
I just investigated and they have moved it to the settings menu (upper right). Then select the MC settings menu (top tab) and there it now resides. I'm ok with that. Only 2 menus in.

I guess they moved to avoid confusion between it and the RTH button above it. I can easily imagine some poor panicked guy trying to RTH in an emergency and accidentally resetting his home point to the P3's current location because the buttons looked similar and were located together. No problem now.

Related - that's probably why they are rethinking the CSC procedure to stop the motors.
2016-3-20
Use props
Not A Speck Of
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

Rnfaust Posted at 2016-3-20 20:42

I don't know if anyone noticed, but in the G ...

"I just investigated and they have moved it to the settings menu (upper right). Then select the MC settings menu (top tab) and there it now resides. I'm ok with that. Only 2 menus in."

Thanks for that -- I'll go look for it now.
2016-3-21
Use props
mjlstudios
First Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

What gets me is DJI changes stuff and we have to try to figure out what they changed and how to make it work! I understand instructions, I can read a manual, I can look at a tutorial and apply it to practical use....I can do all that at nearly 60 years of age. Why can't DJI produce instructions?
2016-3-21
Use props
vr-pilot
Second Officer
Germany

mjlstudios@yaho Posted at 2016-3-21 16:45
What gets me is DJI changes stuff and we have to try to figure out what they changed and how to make ...

The "not so formal handling" of manuals in the sense of "aeronautical publication" has two sides of the medal:
DJI is "free and easy" to change their specs/apps and the respective handling without prior notice, so to say. That makes them fast, flexible and in the end innovative.
(EDIT: the downside is that documentation in general is more on a basic level and cannot be compared to e.g. actual aviation standards...)

Let's say today's drone industry is years before "Charles Lindbergh's age" compared to aviation history. When drones become "mature" some day all the freedom we enjoy today will be lost.
It will be the same as looking back today on the early age of aviation at the beginning of the last century:
they all seemed to be "sons of the guns". Somewhat the drone pilots and constructors of today are the same.
So enjoy your freedom as long as possible and live with the unconventionality...
2016-3-21
Use props
Rnfaust
Second Officer
Flight distance : 734938 ft

mjlstudios@yaho Posted at 2016-3-21 23:45
What gets me is DJI changes stuff and we have to try to figure out what they changed and how to make ...

Let's see...how many languages, how many device platforms, how many OS, how many contributors? I guess it's not perfect, but they have updated their pdf manual several times since the original release.
I'm glad they are still working on our P3's and haven't just moved on.
And isn't it fun looking for all the easter eggs each time they update? :-)
2016-3-21
Use props
blacksburgbaseb
New

Rnfaust Posted at 2016-3-20 23:42

I don't know if anyone noticed, but in the G ...

I agree 100%.  I often will set the home point while the P3 is hovering....It won't set the home point while the ground near my house...I guess interference or something.
2016-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules