Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4 vs. Yuneec H
12Next >
5053 77 2016-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
waynepj3
lvl.4
  • >>>

P4 is great. We will need to see how it competes with the OA of Yuneek H using Intel Realsense.

In the demo, the Yuneek H followed bikers through a catcus forrest.

Will the P4 be able to do this? has anyone seen a demonstration?
2016-3-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I will wait to see what happens when the Typhoon H is finally released for sale. Up until now it is a flying demonstration, and having been part of technical 'demonstrations' before, I know they are quite often totally faked because the software or the technology is not yet ripe.

I you watch the demo done on stage, note that the camera is hanging limp off the drone, and to a similar extent on the cactus forest piece. You would not get an ounce of useful video out of that camera the way it is moving around. So I would be suspicious of any of the video material shown, as it may well have been shot from a different drone.

One thing the Typhoon can do however, is swing the camera around to face backwards while flying forward and using the obstacle avoidance feature. The P4 cannot do that. The Typhoon of course only has a single camera pair facing in one direction as far as we know, but can it rotate the cameras around with the gimbal?

2016-3-20
Use props
moses the almos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 153766 ft

United States

I have 2 Yuneek 's and there great. also there customer services is great. unlike dji.
waiting for the new one like you guys. was tiring to decide between it and the p4. but after the major problems with the p3 its a no brainer!!
2016-3-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

moses the almos Posted at 2016-3-21 16:45
I have 2 Yuneek 's and there great. also there customer services is great. unlike dji.
waiting for  ...

" but after the major problems with the p3 its a no brainer!!"

How do you know the Typhoon won't have major problems?
2016-3-20
Use props
moses the almos
lvl.1

United States

this is true. I just know there products that I have now have been great.
but its true every thing changes. I used to buy nothing but ASUS products. Had  shops for over 17 years and I thought they couldn't be beet. there customer service was 2nd to none. but after my last build I thought I was dealing with a different company. and id rather buy flee market crap than deal with them again. over 26 years of loyalty shot to hell. so your right till it comes out and you buy you never know.
2016-3-20
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

Pretty sure it was Yuneec that caused a "Real Sense" of urgency for DJI to introduce their object avoidance...or fast forward it anyways as i have to imagine it was something DJI have been working on,
In any event, the Yuneec Typhoon H does look interesting and i am watching/waiting intently!!
I will have another drone in the next few months and the jury is still out as to which it will be...Both the Phantom and Yuneec offer some distinct differences and i like different features of both (fact or fiction) though can only justify one of them...Time will tell.....

2016-3-20
Use props
moses the almos
lvl.1

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-3-21 01:36
Pretty sure it was Yuneec that caused a "Real Sense" of urgency for DJI to introduce their object av ...

its a shame for the money we spend, but seems like a crap shoot any way you go now days.
2016-3-20
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

moses the almos Posted at 2016-3-21 14:47
its a shame for the money we spend, but seems like a crap shoot any way you go now days.

Yes, a shame, i was sooooo tempted to get another Phantom recently but with news of a few other birds soon to be on the roost i figure might as well wait to see what really hatches and how the ones that have hatched fare....
2016-3-20
Use props
Kyokushin
Captain
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

Hmm - Yuneec - 6 rotors = more reliability.
2016-3-20
Use props
Kneepuck
Captain
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Kyokushin Posted at 2016-3-21 00:16

Don't know how you figure that.  More parts,  = more stuff to break.  Anyway,  check this bad boy out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thermal- ... :g:B1EAAOSwYHxWP80d
2016-3-20
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-3-21 15:25
Don't know how you figure that.  More parts,  = more stuff to break.  Anyway,  check this bad boy  ...

There is a guy who did this to a Phantom 2, i will find it and post, it was real crazy looking.....
2016-3-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-3-21 18:25
Don't know how you figure that.  More parts,  = more stuff to break.  Anyway,  check this bad boy  ...

Wow, that price would make my eyes water. Us pensioners can't afford them.
2016-3-20
Use props
Bobcat90
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2517654 ft
  • >>>
Taiwan

I am sticking with my P3P for right now.  It still is a great partner.  Maybe six months from now, when all of the reviews are there to view, maybe, just maybe I will add another quad to my collection. It is good to know that there now some pretty solid choices out there now.  I hated the fact that DJI was the only game out there at one time.  It is good for us consumers to have choices because in the future, it will keep the players on their  toes, especially  when it comes to customer service.
2016-3-21
Use props
Bobcat90
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2517654 ft
  • >>>
Taiwan

I am sticking with my P3P for right now.  It still is a great partner.  Maybe six months from now, when all of the reviews are there to view, maybe, just maybe I will add another quad to my collection. It is good to know that there now some pretty solid choices out there now.  I hated the fact that DJI was the only game out there at one time.  It is good for us consumers to have choices because in the future, it will keep the players on their  toes, especially  when it comes to customer service.
2016-3-21
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

i really would like to try it and see the real performance. maybe the drone that GROWS around trees is  really good.  (watch 1.26 timeline)
2016-3-21
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-21 06:13
i really would like to try it and see the real performance. maybe the drone that GROWS around trees  ...

I tried flying my my p4 at myself at full speed last night and it stopped but it was very close to me, it scared the sh*% out of me!!!
2016-3-21
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Kyokushin Posted at 2016-3-21 03:16

But it uses wifi for live feed, big thumbs down for me
2016-3-21
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-3-21 18:15
I tried flying my my p4 at myself at full speed last night and it stopped but it was very close to ...

haha same.... when I tried that for the first time i was scared as well, but now i trust my P4  100%
2016-3-21
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-21 05:41
I will wait to see what happens when the Typhoon H is finally released for sale. Up until now it is  ...

The only limp cameras I saw in that footage were the inactive drone on the stage, and the mountain bike chaser just as it landed at the end of flight.  During the main flight the camera was active and following the biker.

edit: fix typo
2016-3-21
Use props
labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

moses the almos Posted at 2016-3-21 15:45
waiting for  ...

"but after the major problems with the p3 its a no brainer!!"

You'll have to remind me.
What major problems with the P3?
I don't remember hearing of any.
2016-3-21
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-21 18:55
haha same.... when I tried that for the first time i was scared as well, but now i trust my P4  10 ...

It funny, it looks like it hit an invisible wall, lol!!
2016-3-21
Use props
spiderbot.sb
Second Officer
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-3-21 05:17

Why do you say that?  Interference?  Distance?  I am truly curious what your opinion is.
2016-3-21
Use props
spiderbot.sb
Second Officer
United States

It is telling that the video showed us the hex following but we never saw the actual footage taken by its camera.
2016-3-21
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
  • >>>
United States

spiderbot.sb Posted at 2016-3-21 08:26
Why do you say that?  Interference?  Distance?  I am truly curious what your opinion is.

Wi-fi for the live feed looks horrible compared to light bridge technology. The range is not as good, live feed lags and live feed quality looks bad on devices with larger screens. Now with that said I haven't used a wi-fi connection in a couple of years so maybe things have improved?
2016-3-21
Use props
Cale262
lvl.4

Canada

Take a close look at this drone @ 3:14, This only suggests to me that they had to use an external computer to fly this sequence. I believe Yuneec is not even close to making their own system work as advertised and are possibly years away from market....I guess time will tell.
2016-3-21
Use props
kirk2579
First Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-3-21 07:22
"but after the major problems with the p3 its a no brainer!!"

You'll have to remind me.

My thoughts exactly when I read that line....

I quess some folks consider updateing FW etc as problems maybe...

I have a p3 made a year ago with original old style motors and shell and it is humming away still...

have owned 6 phantoms and NEVER had to think about call/email dji for anything....for any of them
2016-3-21
Use props
CapitAn
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

l'm watching this one closely. l love that it's a hex. Love the 360 camera and the retractable landing gear. The safety features are cool but not necessary, l don't fly through/between stuff. l'm not keen on the integrated display since l have an ipad that works perfectly.  And the range won't be very good - this is the big one. One to watch for sure, once they have the equivalent of lightbridge l'm sold.
2016-3-21
Use props
Kneepuck
Captain
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-21 03:55
haha same.... when I tried that for the first time i was scared as well, but now i trust my P4  10 ...

You guys.  You never heard of trees or walls?  Why would you fly right at yourself when there are trees , walls,  and yes,  I'll say it,  even other people around?
2016-3-21
Use props
bikkelrealg2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 481175 ft
Netherlands

Did you try Sport mode on phantom4 its so much fun so you have a Race drone and 4k camera drone
2016-3-21
Use props
microcyb
First Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Yeah I seen the site http://www.yuneec.com/typhoon-h and pre order for $1,299.99 U.S. but the one thing I noticed is that it has only 1 mile range.  Granted modding the Phantom Standard was easy and the typhoon-h has a lot more moving parts, so a tough one which will win this round.
2016-3-21
Use props
Burlingtonfilms
Second Officer
Flight distance : 108550 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Something that should be mentioned and is very important to some people is the increased 4K bit rate.  The P4 uses 60/mbs at 4K while the Typhoon H is 100/mbs at 4K.

The video specs are the 3rd panel down.
http://www.yuneec.com/Typhoon-H
2016-3-21
Use props
dacofty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-21 01:41
I will wait to see what happens when the Typhoon H is finally released for sale. Up until now it is  ...

I dont think the demonstration was for the camera footage it was for the avoidance.  And from what I see it has that down pat.  I am not sure if the camera was recording or not but with the right gimbal it will stay stabilized and take great images
2016-3-21
Use props
dacofty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-3-21 03:25

Yes but if it functions as advertised if one rotor stops it still is able to fly with the other 5.  Big word IF
2016-3-21
Use props
waxking1
lvl.1

United States

I only had my P3P for 2 weeks when I had a motor squeal and quit working causing a crash.  This doesn't exactly inspire me with confidence for the P3P.  I will be paranoid every time I fly(at least for a while) once I get it back.  Other issues with P3s are the stress cracks under the motors.  At least DJI customer service seems to be working well for me.  My Phantom is on the way back to me now and turnaround time for the free repair was less than 2 weeks.
2016-3-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Burlingtonfilms Posted at 2016-3-22 05:22
Something that should be mentioned and is very important to some people is the increased 4K bit rate ...

Actually, if they have it right, it is even faster than that. They are using the upper-case 'B', meaning megabytes per second, not megabits. So that should translate to 800 Megabits per second at 30 fps. It is going to be interesting to see what SD card can keep up with that rate.
2016-3-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

dacofty Posted at 2016-3-22 05:43
I dont think the demonstration was for the camera footage it was for the avoidance.  And from what ...

Call me a cynic, but I simply don't trust people like Intel to set up a real demo. That whole thing could simply be controlled by a computer out of sight somewhere.

I will listen when the product is released and a few users get hold of it and put it through its paces.
2016-3-21
Use props
waynepj3
lvl.4
  • >>>

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-3-21 18:17

Wifi will limit range to about 1 mile if that. Deal killer
2016-3-21
Use props
spiderbot.sb
Second Officer
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-3-21 08:35
Wi-fi for the live feed looks horrible compared to light bridge technology. The range is not as go ...

I don't mean to argue but I am curious.  What do you mean by 'horrible'?  My P3 lightbridge is fairly low res and has a > one second lag.  I set my data rate to the lowest setting to up the frame rate.  Does your P3 do better?
2016-3-22
Use props
wrathofkhan
Banned

Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-22
Use props
Burlingtonfilms
Second Officer
Flight distance : 108550 ft
  • >>>
Canada

wrathofkhan Posted at 2016-3-22 20:34
You will be surprised how hard it is to see the difference between 60mbps vs 100mbps and the stora ...

True but probably not straight out of the camera.   Shot in Log and pushed a bit in the edit, I know there will be far less noise and macro blocking.

The GH4 footage is 4K at 100/mbs and the image can be pushed much further in post than my Inspire 1 footage.

But if someone isn't doing any kind of CC with their footage they probably won't notice a difference.
2016-3-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules