1519 16 2016-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

The new Phantom 4 is nothing but AWESOME. There are so many improvements it is difficult to name all of them. The new Battery release is so nice and easy it is hard to imagine. DJI finally nailed the Gimbal Lock. The finish is like a Porsche. The competition just got moved back a couple of notches. When yoiu see one of the ne Phantoms you will definetly want one. I am so happy that I bought one, no regrets whatsoever. You definetly get your moneys worth on this one.
Almost forgot, I bought two extra Batteries with mine so I ended up with two great foam parts trays. This is like opening up something from Apple, you hate to throw the packaging away.

Stay tuned

2016-3-21
Use props
countrysidegard
lvl.2

United States

Lol.... They musta paid you to write this.... Free gear?? Come on, I want in on the free stuff
2016-3-21
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

countrysidegard Posted at 2016-3-21 15:10
Lol.... They musta paid you to write this.... Free gear?? Come on, I want in on the free stuff

No one paid me anything my friend.
I forgot the new prop locking system.
2016-3-21
Use props
digdat0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11896378 ft

rodger Posted at 2016-3-22 03:16
No one paid me anything my friend.
I forgot the new prop locking system.

So the p4 is $400 more than the P3P and $600 more than the P3A. Do you think these features are worth that investment? I see  the prop release, finish and battery release to be minor improvements. The gimbal lock is important and the obstacle avoidance is pretty sweet. But, really worth the extra cash?
2016-3-21
Use props
mtnred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91811 ft
  • >>>
United States

digdat0@gmail.c Posted at 2016-3-22 03:44
So the p4 is $400 more than the P3P and $600 more than the P3A. Do you think these features are wo ...

I say yes, it is worth the cash .I love mine and have enjoyed flying it .I have had zero problems .I feel flying it, is very easy .It is very stabile and it is nice to have the latest technology .Taking pics and video with the P4 is a breeze .I agree, DJI nailed it and I was not paid to write this !!!!!
2016-3-21
Use props
quanthonytrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

digdat0@gmail.c Posted at 2016-3-22 06:44
So the p4 is $400 more than the P3P and $600 more than the P3A. Do you think these features are wo ...

+1

IMO the upgrades are gimmicky as they feel like they have rushed in to prove that DJI are market leaders.
It would have worth the investment if the avoidance system was 360 and active in both normal and sports mode.

2016-3-21
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

digdat0@gmail.c Posted at 2016-3-22 03:44

C'mon....Sport Mode...You can go fast faster...AND crash quicker..LoL....That has to be worth some serious coin..
2016-3-21
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534970 ft
Australia

You Got to admit, to a large extent the OP has got a good point. They may have rushed it (a bit) but point me to just one other multicopter, at the same or better price-point.

The make-up of a fantastic item is Not just the hardware/software itself, its the overall Product & Experience including support and service.

What DJI now need to focus is on is Customer Service and After Sales Care...... And THEN i'll Agree they have it Nailed!!!

2016-3-21
Use props
waynepj3
lvl.3
  • >>>

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-3-22 10:18
C'mon....Sport Mode...You can go fast faster...AND crash quicker..LoL....That has to be worth some  ...

The only feature that is worth the extra cash is the Obstacle Avoidance. Being able to fly up close to objects from a distance is a game changer. It changes the way you fly.

On my P3 Advance I use to fly high and cautious. Even with FPV I couldnt tell how close I was to certain things. Now, with Obstacle Avoidance I can inspect a building or structure up close.

My gripe is the Obstacle Avoidance goes too close for comfort. Still a bit nerve racking.
2016-3-21
Use props
edbighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Last week I was smitten with my phantom 4. Yes, fit and finish are far better. But the FPV range is substantially less than my phantom 3 advanced. I'm pretty upset about this in spite of really liking the phantom 4
2016-3-21
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

dji-p3p1 Posted at 2016-3-22 10:31
You Got to admit, to a large extent the OP has got a good point. They may have rushed it (a bit) but ...

Hate to re post this but i put this into another reply recently regarding "why DJI never"...

Maybe a little thing like "liability" or "ignorance" or maybe a bit of both and/or other issues, DJI have too much money to care and i do not begrudge DJI for their successes...I loathe them for their ignorance and lack of acknowledging issues like this and ie. the wifi range extender bricking for the Phantom 2 (which is still unresolved).....etc...the botched 3.10 on the P2, "Shell-Gate" for the P3's (yes, sure they have said, hey, if your shell is cracked send it in and we will repair it) though never an acknowledgement that there was or even could have been a manufacturing flaw...simply, new shell designs and new motors mysteriously appear...If these were cars and DJI was Volkswagen they would be lucky to be selling kites. I have yet to ever see DJI come out on any issue and say, "yes, we acknowledge that software or firmware" version x has caused this or prevented that or whatever...
Usually, you see a couple of spoof upgrades before something firm seems to resolve the problem and all this unnecessary internet traffic results as a result....and a lot of pi$$ed of clients etc...
Hey, they are a multi billion dollar company, they are going sell $hit weather it stinks or not just because enough people like the taste or smell of it....

Don't get me wrong, i like/love my Phantom but i loathe DJI's attitude towards a lot of things droning…Hmmm…Hmmm…maybe they are run by drones…hmmm…hmmm…
Oh well, as buddy Ceteman from Hawaii says…Drone on!!
2016-3-21
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534970 ft
Australia

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-3-22 13:34
Hate to re post this but i put this into another reply recently regarding "why DJI never"...

Mayb ...

Hey Nortofthe49th,

I too love my P3P, and today i wouldnt exchange it for anything...., not even the P4...., Yet! - Im just not an early adopter.

Having said that, Im in agreement with your statements, hence the re-edit in my post above to add that their Customer support and after sales needs to improve...., lots.
2016-3-21
Use props
edbighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Austria

I'll be honest, the phantom 4 is better than the phantom 3 in many respects. But range it's not. No matter what I try my phantom 3 can carry on transmitting reliable FPV while my phantom 4 is already on return to home.
2016-3-22
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

edbighi@gmail.c Posted at 2016-3-22 06:54
I'll be honest, the phantom 4 is better than the phantom 3 in many respects. But range it's not. No  ...

Try it in Airplane Mode.
2016-3-22
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

digdat0@gmail.c Posted at 2016-3-21 15:44

I feel that it is. Don't forget the tracking feature which is really awesome. If you are into speed the 4 is much faster than the 3 although, speed is not my thing. I also have an Inspire and the latest P3P V2 which I intend to keep and fly both of them.
2016-3-22
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

mtnred@gmail.co Posted at 2016-3-21 15:54
I say yes, it is worth the cash .I love mine and have enjoyed flying it .I have had zero problems  ...

I am with you. also there is a refined lens on the P4 Camera. Just to many awesome improvements on the P4. It is very obvious that DJI is listening to their customers and gathering input from the field to improve our experience and safety.
2016-3-22
Use props
newsphoto90
lvl.1

United States

That's all great, but wait until you need to repair it and have to deal with Frank Wang and DJI's ZERO customer service!!!!!
2016-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules