Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
State Farm Insurance
12345Next >
22366 181 2016-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mjlstudios
First Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just got my P3P insured from State Farm. If I crash it, it will be replaced. If it flys away...it will be replaced. If it falls out of the sky into the water...it will be replaced. If it breaks...it will be fixed or replaced. If it get stolen....it will be replaced. If it catches fire....it will be replaced. All this applies to the case, the batteries, prop guards, extra propellers, RC, lens filters and any other accessaries I have for the P3P. There is no deductable and all this for $60 per year! WOW..can't beat that!

2016-3-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I live with a State Farm agent who's worked for State Farm for over 20 years and she says NO WAY.
At lease not in California,
2016-3-21
Use props
mjlstudios
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-21 17:00
I live with a State Farm agent who's worked for State Farm for over 20 years and she says NO WAY.
At ...

In North Carolina...yes way! Try a different company. The company that insures the house and the autos didn't offer drone insurance. State Farm did.
2016-3-21
Use props
mjlstudios
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-21 17:00
At ...

The policy is personal property insurance. That covers jewelry, electronics, CAMERAS, etc. (Broad coverage)
2016-3-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

mjlstudios@yaho Posted at 2016-3-22 05:10
The policy is personal property insurance. That covers jewelry, electronics, CAMERAS, etc. (Broad c ...

Yes I know, personal articles policy. Drone on that policy won't cut it here.
2016-3-21
Use props
mjlstudios
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-21 17:24

I used to live in So. California. To me NC is much better!
2016-3-21
Use props
leorvasquez
lvl.3

I am a State Farm customer in Texas and I am going to call my agent tomorrow and see what my options are. I already have auto and rental insurances with them so let's see what they say about covering or insuring my drone. I'll report back with what they tell me.
2016-3-21
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-21
Use props
Adam Flurk
First Officer
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

mjlstudios@yaho Posted at 2016-3-21 17:08
In North Carolina...yes way! Try a different company. The company that insures the house and the a ...

Only $60!!!? Wow, that's really hard to believe. Would be awesome if you could include a link to something that supports this from State Farm?
2016-3-21
Use props
Rodomontade
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2563022 ft

United States

Yep you got it!

I am in PA and I have the exact same coverage. Mine is $65 annually with full coverage and no deductible.

2016-3-21
Use props
mjlstudios
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Adam Flurk Posted at 2016-3-21 18:29
Only $60!!!? Wow, that's really hard to believe. Would be awesome if you could include a link to s ...

Each state has their own insurance rules. Check with State Farm in your state. If they don't insure drones, try a different insurance company.
2016-3-21
Use props
moses the almos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 153766 ft

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-21 16:00
At ...

posed this in another tread. I have 6 drones with them and they charge different for different drones and yes it is no deductible. thay ied or a cx-20 ht flew away.
2016-3-21
Use props
Richard in Bois
lvl.4
Flight distance : 34721 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am in Boise Idaho and mine through State Farm is $34.00 a year.  No deductible.  I assume the rate has something to do with the number of other items insured like homeowners, cars, RVs, boats, etc.
2016-3-21
Use props
Adam Flurk
First Officer
United States

Anyone have a StateFarm person in Florida that has been able to get insurance for their drone?
2016-4-14
Use props
CaptRuss
lvl.3

United States

Liability insurance is actually the bigger consideration; and if you are using your UAS for commercial purposes it is a considerably bigger consideration... and cost.

And if this happens to you without it, you are in some pretty deep poop:

8 April, '16-  Drone Crashes Through Window, Hits Man's Head-

"... there was a loud bang and glass shattered all over him and something had hit him in the head.  "Initially, I thought a bomb had gone off,” Perel, 30, told ABC News today. But it wasn’t a bomb. It was a drone."  (http://abcnews.go.com/Internatio ... d/story?id=38253589)

The video of the event:

2016-4-14
Use props
G_MEZ_G
lvl.4

United States

Do you use the term "Drone" when speaking to them? Just wondering.
2016-4-14
Use props
G_MEZ_G
lvl.4

United States

leorvasquez Posted at 2016-3-22 05:29
I am a State Farm customer in Texas and I am going to call my agent tomorrow and see what my options ...

Any update on your phone call?
2016-4-14
Use props
connorschulte
lvl.4
Flight distance : 261033 ft
United States

G_MEZ_G Posted at 2016-4-14 13:33
Any update on your phone call?

Also wondering what the status is of this.
2016-4-14
Use props
leorvasquez
lvl.3
United States

Hi everyone, well, I was on the phone with my State Farm agent for at least 30 minutes discussing all the different what if's with my drone. This is what I was told so far, the agent needed to call someone else to ask for more information to make double sure. If someone steals my drone from my home or my car, I am covered with my renters insurance, of course I have a deductible.
If I am out flying my drone, and I crash it and cause harm or damage to someone or someone's property, I am covered up to $100,000 in general liability also through my renter's insurance. I am NOT covered for my drone, if I crash it or wreck it, everyone gets paid except for me to replace my drone. :-)

I had a few other questions she is going to call me back on and I should have some minimum coverage's in case anything goes wrong. I hope that helps.
2016-4-14
Use props
evsjas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1995479 ft
United States

Guess I will give them a call.
2016-4-14
Use props
joey.lopina
lvl.4
Flight distance : 498839 ft

Anyone know of a California company that offers this insurance?  I'm skeptical because we all know how insurance companies work..  You pay the premium but as soon as something happens, there's a loophole that in fine writing that doesn't cover..  
2016-4-14
Use props
G_MEZ_G
lvl.4

I called today. In Texas so far what I have gathered it is called Inland Marine insurance and is described by WIKIPEDIA as:
2016-4-14
Use props
G_MEZ_G
lvl.4

Open main menu          Edit Watch this page Inland marine insurance Page issues For discussion of inland waterways, see Inland waterways of the United States. Inland marine insurance in the United States indemnifies loss to movable or specialized types property, historically developing as an outgrowth of ocean marine insurance. This category of insurance includes property coverage for construction equipment, medical diagnostic equipment, fine arts, solar panels and wind turbines, cameras and movie equipment, musical instruments, and a wide variety of other types of property.
2016-4-14
Use props
G_MEZ_G
lvl.4

United States

Note the "Cameras and Movie equipment" part
2016-4-14
Use props
G_MEZ_G
lvl.4

I'm in discussion with both Travelers insurance and Farmers. I'll keep everyone posted! It definitely beats DJI Care if it covers the P3 as this post describes.
2016-4-14
Use props
evsjas
Second Officer
United States

I just talked to my State Farm rep and she said that they will start doing drone policies next quarter. She also said that $65 a year sounds about right. No deductible for full replacement.
This is in Virginia. She is going to call me as soon as she is able to sell insurance for my drone so I will keep everyone updated. And will post a pic of the policy.
2016-4-15
Use props
08ninja250r
lvl.1

United States

No dice for me just called USAA. They don't have any coverage for drones yet. Might need to add it to my dad State Farm insurance
2016-4-15
Use props
evsjas
Second Officer
United States

08ninja250r Posted at 2016-4-15 18:25
No dice for me just called USAA. They don't have any coverage for drones yet. Might need to add it t ...

The rep told me that it will be a separate policy from my home and car. It will be just for my drone. She said she will call me as soon as she can insure my drone. Hopefully in the next few weeks.
2016-4-15
Use props
quaddron3
lvl.3

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-21 17:24

Plus, now that drones are classified as 'aircraft', good luck when trying to get a claim.

Anyway, the most important isn't property coverage if you lose or damage the drone. Whatever, so you lost $1K. Its actually third party liability you should be worried about. Third party liability will for me be the only reason why I'd want to get a 'drone insurance'. I don't so much care for covering damages or loss to my own personal property as much as I do covering for third party liability.
2016-4-15
Use props
mjlstudios
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

quaddron3 Posted at 2016-4-15 23:06
Plus, now that drones are classified as 'aircraft', good luck when trying to get a claim.

Anyway,  ...

You can get that through AMA. If you sign as a member ($75 per year) you receive I believe 2.5mil. in liability insurance.
2016-4-16
Use props
evsjas
Second Officer
United States

State Farm rep said drone insurance will be available before June.
2016-4-16
Use props
leorvasquez
lvl.3

mjlstudios@yaho Posted at 2016-4-17 03:15
You can get that through AMA. If you sign as a member ($75 per year) you receive I believe 2.5mil. ...

Keep in mind that the coverage from the AMA for the $2,500,000 Comprehensive General Liability Protection is for model activities for members, clubs, site owners, and sponsors. I would interpret that as at an event and not just out flying around for fun. I guess I can ask my State Farm rep about this policy coverage as well.Here is the link to the benefits of the AMA membership:
http://www.modelaircraft.org/membership/membership/overview.aspx
2016-4-16
Use props
Adam Flurk
First Officer
United States

Trying this again! I just sent emails to 3 different State Farm reps (in my area) that I found via: https://www.statefarm.com/. Last time I tried to contact someone and just never got a reply - well, at least one that made it to my inbox anyway. We'll see if I hear anything back this time. I will come back with an update when I have one - For those in Florida.
2016-8-2
Use props
Adam Flurk
First Officer
United States

Adam Flurk Posted at 2016-8-2 18:10
Trying this again! I just sent emails to 3 different State Farm reps (in my area) that I found via:  ...

Update: I finally got a hold of someone at State Farm in my are (Central Florida) and they offered a plan to me that costs $75, has no deductible, and covers my purchase in the amount of $1,800 (what I paid for my P3P - Package). She said it covers, theft, loss, and damage! Happy Happy Happy. Anyone else in CFL or Florida - Rest assure - Go with State Farm!
2016-8-4
Use props
makokiller
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1115095 ft
United States

Just got my drone covered in NY. Only $60 a year, no deduct, full replacement. State Farm. Crash it into a tree, and it is covered.
2016-9-23
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

makokiller Posted at 2016-9-23 10:35
Just got my drone covered in NY. Only $60 a year, no deduct, full replacement. State Farm. Crash it  ...

I live in Iowa and my drone has liability coverage and replacement coverage under my "Homeowners) policy, but my deductible is $1000 and my agent says that although it is covered right now, there is a lot of conversation about excluding the drones from all home-owners policies as they move forward. I have my coverage with Nationwide.  My concern is also as someone mentioned about the liability part. That could be a major hit it you had an accident.
I understand replacing your drone is an important step, but does State Farm offer the liability? I am going to check around my area to see what is out there too.
2016-9-23
Use props
PaulL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23898 ft
United States

I asked about adding drone insurance and liability to my commercial state farm inland Marine policy a few years ago, and State Farm told me that if I use a drone for commercial purposes, they would DROP my policy. I have a commercial policy for my gear for more than 15 years. That put me off of drones for a while, I need to ask again and see if they have changed their rules. I'm in Texas. Dallas area.
2016-9-23
Use props
rallred48
lvl.3
United States

Wow he is correct I just called State Farm and asked about Drone Insurance. In TEXAS they said it’s covered under Personal Property Protection, Just like a Diamond ring. If the value of the Drone is 1,500
The coverage would be about 65.00 a year NO Deductible!!!  
2016-9-23
Use props
warrior1340
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28612 ft

United States

i insured my p3s for $30 a year no deductible (oregon)
2016-9-23
Use props
stuka
First Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

leorvasquez Posted at 2016-4-17 08:55
Keep in mind that the coverage from the AMA for the $2,500,000 Comprehensive General Liability Prot ...

And it must be in LOS and an AMA approved flying site.
2016-9-23
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules