1974 20 2015-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

After doing a short test flight earlier in the week to get a feel for the Inspire, I decided I was ready for a real flight, so I flew over the spectacular Crystal Springs Reservoir, a body of water that fills the valley along the San Andreas Fault here in Northern California. Here's the video. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/O7m2gXMT9Go

Don't forget to set your YouTube settings to maximum resolution and view it in full screen mode
2015-1-10
Use props
mhaislet
lvl.4

United States

Nice work just watched it very impressive and worth the wait..Ty for sharing .
2015-1-10
Use props
carlosdragonne
lvl.1

Mexico

Impressive!!!!
2015-1-11
Use props
jones5r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 105722 ft
United States

Great work! This wait is unbearable...even though it's 10 degrees where I'm at right now. What post software did you use
2015-1-11
Use props
gregg
lvl.2

Netherlands

Thanks for sharing! Nicely done. Getting excited to receive mine.
2015-1-11
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

very relaxing, i enjoyed this. this cant come any better, can it.
2015-1-11
Use props
AshInspire1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Niceee!!!!

What camera settings did you use and post software
2015-1-11
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

I lived here all my life and I don't think I ever seen Crystal Springs Reservoir such a beautiful format. Really "Great Video"
2015-1-11
Use props
Koavog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1359800 ft
United States

Nice video Abe, Were you using any filters? I watched your earlier P2 videos and there's quite an improvement, camera lens, panning, tllt, etc...

My inspire will deliver tomorrow (Jan 12th), I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve!...

I'm thinking about starting a Bay Area Inspire club (I live in Napa), please contact if interested: Peter, koavog@gmail.com
2015-1-11
Use props
mtnred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91811 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great Video ,thanks for sharing.
2015-1-11
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Now that was a good video and what it's all about.  Great shots
2015-1-11
Use props
abe
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I used the clear filter on the camera (i.e. not the ND filter) as it was pretty close to sunset when I filmed and light was disappearing quickly. The video is straight out of the Inspire. I simply stitched together selected clips using Adobe Premiere and added the audio track. I didn't do any post processing; no color correction, no light or contrast edits, etc.  I kept everything simple as it was only my second flight so the camera settings are all on auto.  What you see is what you get straight out of the camera.

2015-1-11
Use props
noelle1000
lvl.2

United States

Nice job. Looking forward to getting mine.
2015-1-11
Use props
david.spencer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7192 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

love it and the audio, who was the track by?
2015-1-11
Use props
abe
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

david.spencer@b Posted at 2015-1-12 03:25
love it and the audio, who was the track by?

The song is "Colors" by Amos Lee.
2015-1-11
Use props
chato1974
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3657356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like the Inspire did well being that there were many high voltage power line around. You also live in a very beautiful area.
2015-1-11
Use props
mlglisson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

How the heck fig you hey an Ivspire I'm still waiting Here in Pacifica.
2015-1-11
Use props
mlglisson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

mlglisson@hotma Posted at 2015-1-12 12:23
How the heck fig you hey an Ivspire I'm still waiting Here in Pacifica.

oops the word was did  how DID you get your hands on an inspire here in california
2015-1-11
Use props
rwt0227
lvl.2

United States

Abe,
You are quite literally in my back yard standing at the 92/280 crossroads. I'm curious as to exactly where you were standing while flying? I noticed all of your passes were very much over the same strip (where 92 crosses skyline blvd.) Did you stick to this range because of limitations? I'm still too chicken to try mine outdoors again right now.

@mlglisson - I'm also in California and have my Inspire as well. :p  Don't worry you'll get yours soon! I also wouldn't mind meeting up with other inspire owners. The wealth of knowledge in such a group would be amazing!
2015-1-11
Use props
s.s.gibbs1
lvl.2

United States

Koavog Posted at 2015-1-12 00:51
Nice video Abe, Were you using any filters? I watched your earlier P2 videos and there's quite an im ...

i am thumpinhard on inspire pilots forum. i will be starting a meet up group for inspire pilots if i get a few more interested. i have a two transmitter version that will be slow to come thanks to amazon..but i have connected with a few pilots already and i think this will happen. for those who are interested,send me a p.m. i am in Guerneville and will be flying from s.f. to the delta ( i have boat with an 8ft. beam to launch off of) and of course the coast etc.
  b.t.w.,i love seeing this video as i drive past this area and love the beauty of the lake and how still and peaceful it always seems..plus the fog rolling in over hills would be great  to video. going high enough to see the ocean and the fog and sunset would be the perfect cap to this video. good job and thanks for sharing it.
2015-1-11
Use props
abe
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Attached is my flight record, rwt. The farthest away I flew from where I was standing was 1,470 feet. At that distance it was intermittently losing signal so I didn't push it any further. There were major powerlines directly above me which may have influenced the range.

As to why I stuck to the same strip, well, as you know, I only have one battery right now so it's hard to cover much more than I did in 15 minutes. I also like to make two or three passes over an area so I have multiple choices when selecting the best clips to use in the final video.

Flight Record for Crystal Springs Reservoir flight

Flight Record for Crystal Springs Reservoir flight
2015-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules