Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to update P3 A / P / S Batteries
1524 12 2016-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
m.friedl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
Austria

I´ve got a very interesting Question here about Batterie updates.

Can anyone explain to me the Difference in updating a Phantom 3 Advanced, a Phantom 3 Professional and a Phantom 3 Standard.

As i remember about the Updates for the RC of my personal P3 P first Time i did it using the SD-Card Method.

The latest Update it did to 1.5.8 i had to use the In-App update because the SD-card method did not work.

In wich steps is the Updateprocess working if i use the App-update - Download from Server to ??? placing it on SD ??? and then shooting it to ???

It seems to to be not consistent and different from the Models.

Can anyone of the DJI-Officials here give me mor Informations about it please?

Thank you - Mike

2016-3-21
Use props
Hawks100
Second Officer
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

Early updates could be done by sd card.Now the RC updates through the app
2016-3-21
Use props
m.friedl
Second Officer
Austria

Hawks100 Posted at 2016-3-22 00:12
Early updates could be done by sd card.Now the RC updates through the app

well, nice, as i mentioned above, but the Main-Question was about updating the Batteries
2016-3-21
Use props
Hawks100
Second Officer
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

Simple answer, Update on sd card plugged into the drone to update batteries.

So sorry i didn't grasp your questions:

In wich steps is the Updateprocess working if i use the App-update - Download from Server to ??? placing it on SD ??? and then shooting it to ???

It seems to to be not consistent and different from the Models.

You could   a friend...

2016-3-22
Use props
m.friedl
Second Officer
Austria

@Hawks100

the Problem is, i have no Friends

but may be no one knows the Answer
2016-3-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

If there is a battery update required then whatever firmware you updated to the aircraft will also update the battery. If you have more than one battery, then you install the other batteries and power uop the aircraft and each battery will be updated.
The app will also tell you if a battery update is required.
2016-3-22
Use props
m.friedl
Second Officer
Austria

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-22 20:37
If there is a battery update required then whatever firmware you updated to the aircraft will also u ...

Thank you for this Answer Ken
Stands you Answer for P3 Advanced and Professional only or is it the same Procedure for the 3 Standard too?
that was my Main Question

Thank you very much
2016-3-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

m.friedl@a1.net Posted at 2016-3-23 03:48
Thank you for this Answer Ken
Stands you Answer for P3 Advanced and Professional only or is it the ...

Yes, same for the Standard and the P3 4k, the app will tell you what needs updating and those two models are updated from the app.
2016-3-22
Use props
sidtx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 266729 ft
United States

I bought a new battery last month.   Charged it up.  Then put it into my P3 Standard.    The DJI Go app then told me I needed to do an update.   Which I did, through the app.

It took about 10 minutes.    After which,  I powered down and restarted the drone.  Everything seemed to work just fine.   I then powered down and inserted my old battery - thinking it might need an update also.  But, it powered up with no issues, or no requests for update.

I went flying later that day with no problems, from either battery.

Sid
2016-3-22
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I'm still not following the update via conversation.  I have stayed up to date all the way through, recently upgrading to all the latest firmware listed.  The Go app updated on its own via the phone.  The P3A updated via the SD card .bin file.  There was no offer for it to upgrade via the app.
2016-3-22
Use props
m.friedl
Second Officer
Austria

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2016-3-22 22:48
I'm still not following the update via conversation.  I have stayed up to date all the way through,  ...

thats exact what the guy with the P3 Standard told me bofore i posted this thread.
the question was also how does that work.

so what is the workflow here?

i mean the App downloads from web, saves the data somewhere (maybe sd-card) and then updates the battery.

want to get more information about that conversation app - copter- web - sd-card ??? - store it in battery ? - delete file after success ?

Mike
2016-3-22
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

m.friedl@a1.net Posted at 2016-3-22 17:37
thats exact what the guy with the P3 Standard told me bofore i posted this thread.
the question wa ...

Mine doesn't update via the app.  I just did it a few days back and I downloaded the binary file from the download site, put it on the SD card, and it updated the P3.
2016-3-22
Use props
m.friedl
Second Officer
Austria

@AG0N-Gary  

yes but you own a P3A and not P3S there is the Difference and thats why i asked for it.
But Ken sayed it´s same on ALL of the Modells so i am wondering
2016-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules