Will not calibrate compass after firmware update
794 6 2016-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dlthayer1
lvl.1
United States

Since installing the new Firmware update I can't get my P3 to calibrate. Keeps telling me to check for magnetic interference and being close to those kind of things get the first part of calibration done but does not accept the second just keeps saying no signal.HELP HELP HELP

Thanks
Don
2016-3-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

When calibrating the compass, it tells you to turn it around through a full circle, but you actually have to go more than a full circle. Try that.
2016-3-21
Use props
dlthayer1
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-21 19:01
When calibrating the compass, it tells you to turn it around through a full circle, but you actually ...

Done that most of the time the first part of the calibration works it is the second part that will not calibrate. Thanks for trying to help though
2016-3-25
Use props
benz.nz
New

New Zealand

I got the same problem I need help too I tried everything and can't seem to get it to go
2016-3-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

dlthayer1 Posted at 2016-3-26 04:43
Done that most of the time the first part of the calibration works it is the second part that will ...

It is that second phase where I found I needed to rotate more than 360 degrees. The only things I can suggest is to do it slowly and make sure you do not have any metal on you and do it away from metal objects. Do not perform it on a concrete area for example.
2016-3-25
Use props
jaycee
lvl.2

China

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-26 06:32
It is that second phase where I found I needed to rotate more than 360 degrees. The only things I  ...

I have the same experience as Geebax. That is why I upgraded to FW 1.7 thinking the second phase compass accuracy would be fixed.

My Phantom 2 calibrates better.

Cheers
2016-3-25
Use props
dlthayer1
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-25 17:32
It is that second phase where I found I needed to rotate more than 360 degrees. The only things I  ...

Thanks for the info
2016-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules