DJI Inspire 1 Pro X5 Video Feed Problem
3991 25 2016-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
justinliddell
lvl.1

United States

Spoke to DJI tech support about a month ago regarding losing my video feed intermittently on my Inspire 1 Pro with X5. I re-binded the controller and did all sorts of steps including re-updating the firmware, and a few other things that the tech support had me do. Long story short, DJI had me send out just my Zenmuse X5 to DJI to have them repair it. A week or so later i received a brand new Zenmuse X5. Went out to fly my Inspire and the exact same problem still occurs. I have no video feed with "Enable Hardware Decode" checked, which it should normally be checked to have a better quality feed, but with my problem it only displays the feed with it unchecked and in very poor quality with multiple grey bars all over the screen. Not sure if it is a problem with the lightbridge in the controller, but below is a video i filmed about an hour ago that demonstrates the problem. All of my firmware are up to date to the new March firmware update, Inspire 1 Pro Firmware v.1.4.0.70, and the DJI Go app is up to date as well. If anyone has an idea on what the problem is i greatly appreciate it!

2016-3-21
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

I see you only have 8 channels......do the 32 Channel Hack.....it will very likely solve your problem.
8 channels is not enough for the system to find a clear one, so you will be suffering lots of interfearance on one of the 8 it has a choice of.
give it 32 and it will find a better clearer area to work, and everything should be ok.

Inspires originally had 32, but were taken away in one of the firmware updates because in some area's some of the channels were licenced for other uses......the Hack brings them back, but be aware its not totally Legal if you happen to be in the wrong Area/Country.

look here

http://forum.dji.com/thread-27147-1-1.html

2016-3-21
Use props
njabinc
lvl.2

United States

If you could please pull out your battery and take a look at the decal inside the bottom of the battery enclosure. Write down the FCC ID and post it. Also please look at the back of the controller your using and do the same for the model number ( it will end in an A, B, or a C ). Further advice than what you've already received will definitely be based on those numbers.
2016-3-21
Use props
justinliddell
lvl.1

United States

Harb Posted at 2016-3-22 10:44
I see you only have 8 channels......do the 32 Channel Hack.....it will very likely solve your proble ...

Thanks for the tip i'll try that!
2016-3-21
Use props
justinliddell
lvl.1

United States

njabinc Posted at 2016-3-22 11:09
If you could please pull out your battery and take a look at the decal inside the bottom of the batt ...

Controller FCC ID is SS3-GL658C1504.
Battery # is 7421153901950
2016-3-21
Use props
njabinc
lvl.2

United States

justinliddell Posted at 2016-3-22 00:25
Controller FCC ID is SS3-GL658C1504.
Battery # is 7421153901950

Ok we're halfway there. The FCC ID from the battery enclosure on the aircraft not the battery. It will begin the same way as the FCC ID on the controller.
2016-3-21
Use props
justinliddell
lvl.1

United States

Harb Posted at 2016-3-22 10:44
I see you only have 8 channels......do the 32 Channel Hack.....it will very likely solve your proble ...

Did the 32 channel hack and still no luck. It still has no FPV with "enable hardware decode" checked and has the grey bars with it unchecked.
2016-3-21
Use props
justinliddell
lvl.1

United States

njabinc Posted at 2016-3-22 12:34
Ok we're halfway there. The FCC ID from the battery enclosure on the aircraft not the battery. It  ...

FCC on aircraft is SS3-WM6101410
2016-3-21
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

Does it record onto the SD card the same ?
2016-3-21
Use props
njabinc
lvl.2

United States

justinliddell Posted at 2016-3-22 00:55
FCC on aircraft is SS3-WM6101410

1410 24dbm 255mw........1510 30dbm  1000mw look to the FCC testing pewr ID. Also test and change the cable from the ipad to the remote. know to be more bad ones than good ones. Also turn the hardware decode off if you have an 8x chipset as it will crash it.
2016-3-21
Use props
justinliddell
lvl.1

United States

Harb Posted at 2016-3-22 13:01
Does it record onto the SD card the same ?

It records normally onto the SD card. No flaws whatsoever. Just looking at the video feed live while flying is where the problem lies.
2016-3-21
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

its def nothing to do with the camera then.........
Are all the connector pins on the gimbal ok where the camera connects ?
Its going to be the Lightbridge at one end or the other......may be a simple connection issue or something more serious.....its a shame you don't have a second controller to rule that out
2016-3-21
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

njabinc Posted at 2016-3-22 16:23
Ok this answer isn't going to be the most popular around here but I'll tell you anyway. Many may ar ...

So you are saying the V2 is 1 Watt output...... not sure about current FCC licensing but here that would require an apparatus licence to be able to use it ?
The Pro Specs clearly state 20dbm EIRP so I was wondering if you can point us to the 30dbm specs, as I have 2.4Ghz links that output 30dbm that are good for at least 30kms line of sight if not more depending on the antennas used.
Not shooting at you here, I'd just like to see where this info is available.
For the record, My Inspire was one of the first half dozen into the country, and its good for at least 2 miles LOS , maybe further, I haven't really tested it further.

This cannot be the problem anyway.......he is not getting pictures with the RX and The TX 12 " apart....this is an out and out fault.

Incedently, I am still waiting for the X5R to upgrade from my Current version, but in the meantime if anyone near sydney wants to know, I can certainly measure the output and put this to rest......it will require some disasembly lol.

2016-3-21
Use props
njabinc
lvl.2

United States

Harb Posted at 2016-3-22 02:16
So you are saying the V2 is 1 Watt output...... not sure about current FCC licensing but here that  ...

The aforementioned situation is completely true I'm happy to send you the FCC required testing completed by DJI to acquire the FCC ID's. Many stories out there however the truth is simple if the aircraft hadn't changed significantly in hardware design or power output it wouldn't have needed a new FCC ID just for a model upgrade. So the company line is BS. I have PDF's of all the data it's independent and doesn't lie. I have complete copies of the tests and the FCC regulations. They are clear as day. If they were able to increase the old transmitters with firmware it would violate the FCC license obtained for that bird requiring all to be modified with a new test and ID placard. Additionally the increase in transmission power was achieved through hardware changes allowing it to both provide and handle more operating power. Actually quite simple as that is generally what guarantees an increase in transmission power, range, ans penetration.The US requires both the aircraft and the remote not exceed 30dbm or 1000mw and the 1510 and C model controller are right on the edge in fact they introduced an error factor for the 1510 test as it was dam near over. The 1410 puts out a max of 24dbm or 255mw as the B remote is 20dbm or 100mw so my first pro was horrible with these two. If his video is dropping at 12 inches i would get a new wire from the remote to the ipad and if it's an air 2 turn off the hardware decode as it will crash the 8x chipset. If you shoot me a way to email you I'm happy to provide all the data.  They are gaining distance from this debacle at this point. That said I thank B&H photo for being a business with incredible integrity. They learned early on when I brought up the issue it was true. As a result anyone who wished to return or exchange they're PRO or V2 which was purchased from November untill February was allowed to do so without penelty. They had no choice as their wharehouse had been stocked with early production units for the holiday season and they were all the old transmitters. I can't imagine how much they lost. Though many like myself are customers for life for there service well beyond what most would do. They actually allowed me to wait to exchange until they had a pro BE well after 2-1 as I knew all BE's were 1510s. I will now Edit my post as this is their sandnox and Ill save them the trouble of making it disappear tomorrow morning.
2016-3-21
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

Upload issue at the moment on the FCC specs

2016-3-21
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Looks like the issue with the video transmitter...  there is a difference between the 1410 and 1510 but that's not the deal here when you are not getting any video feed. Do you get the same issue in the other locations without interference?  If yes your aircraft will have to be repaired. I'm sorry for all the trouble you are getting with this aircraft.  Here in DJI we will do our best to solve this issue for you!
2016-3-21
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

The Bird Specs

The Bird

The Bird
2016-3-21
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

The RC Specs....

Upload error atm......but are similar to the above
2016-3-21
Use props
justinliddell
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-22 14:56
Looks like the issue with the video transmitter...  there is a difference between the 1410 and 1510  ...

It worked for the first 3 flights when i first purchased, however now after updating from the original firmware to the second firmware the problem aroused and is still present months later. I purchased it in November and it worked fine for the next month, but then after January until now the problem has existed.
2016-3-21
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

justinliddell Posted at 2016-3-22 15:11
It worked for the first 3 flights when i first purchased, however now after updating from the orig ...

seems like repair is the way to go here... could you leave your e-mail please, our colleagues will contact you with info about the repair procedure
2016-3-21
Use props
justinliddell
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-22 15:24
seems like repair is the way to go here... could you leave your e-mail please, our colleagues will ...

justin@definitionfilms.tv thanks
2016-3-22
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

justinliddell Posted at 2016-3-22 16:13
justin@definitionfilms.tv thanks

just another try :
Press the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons and keep them pressed and TURN OFF the controller.
By still keeping pressed the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons TURN ON the controller.
2016-3-22
Use props
justinliddell
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-22 16:24
just another try :
Press the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons and keep them pressed and TURN OFF  ...

I tried the re-bind before I sent in the x5 and still no luck. Even again and no luck. It must be the controller and the lightbridge having the problem.
2016-3-22
Use props
njabinc
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-22 02:56
Looks like the issue with the video transmitter...  there is a difference between the 1410 and 1510  ...

Tim That was the most completely honest post and I'm personally happy to see that. I also agree considering the depth of his issue and that it once worked and now doesn't something else is causing the problem. I would have him try to take a look at the four mmcx connectors at the rear of the light bridge as if some weren't fully engaged it would cause his issue. I've also seen the mmcx connector soldered to the controller board detach from jarring the remote hard. His descriptions indicate their is function just heavily limited function. Normally failure of actual hardware doesn't function at all.
2016-3-22
Use props
justinliddell
lvl.1

njabinc Posted at 2016-3-22 22:52
Tim That was the most completely honest post and I'm personally happy to see that. I also agree co ...

Are there any videos or manuals on
How to take the controller apart to look at those connections?
2016-3-22
Use props
njabinc
lvl.2

United States

justinliddell Posted at 2016-3-22 18:42
Are there any videos or manuals on
How to take the controller apart to look at those connections?

The light bridge assembly is directly behind the nose in the aircraft. If you trace two small wires that exit each arm and go forward plugging into the back of the light bridge two on each side. These are the four antenna wires. Each runs through the arms and attaches to an antenna in each landing leg. More than once I've seen one of them jarred loose from the light bridge. They simply snap in. If you search online for the image of an mmcx connector you can get an idea of how they snap in and what they look like. I would do this before you consider disassembling the remote. Prior to that you might want try and find someone close who can bind their controller to your bird so you know it's a remote control problem. Additionally at that point you don't disassemble it you send it in for warranty repair.
2016-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules