tilt control on NEW phantom 2 v2 Gimbal wont stay in one position
7107 32 2015-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
michaelgulley
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi I have the new V2 phantom 2 with the dial on the top LH side of the transmitter. It makes my gimbal tilt up and down no problem. But when i let go of the button the gimbal returns back to facing forward. Does anyone know how to solve this? Michael
2015-1-11
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

This works for me.  You can control the speed by the amount of pressure on the wheel and when you let the wheel come back, the camera will stay where you left it.  But first, calibrate the sticks and wheel (X1) in PT2.

093139rmq5ycusimuss1yb.gif
2015-1-11
Use props
mikelycett
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Have you run through the calibration procedures for the Phantom and the RC?  A few other posts mention doing MCU calibration as well to help sort gimbal issues.
2015-1-11
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

mikelycett@btin Posted at 2015-1-11 19:01
Have you run through the calibration procedures for the Phantom and the RC?  A few other posts menti ...

I have 2 Vision +'s and I have done all the calibrations, both on the rc and pt2.  I can tilt the camera from horizontal to vertical in 2 seconds to 45 seconds, depending on how much movement I put on the wheel.  The X1 calibration controls the camera tilt.
2015-1-11
Use props
michaelgulley
lvl.2

United Kingdom

thank you
no i am a bit reluctant updating the firmware, but i suppose i should
regards
michael
2015-1-11
Use props
siweckipawel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 57070 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Hi, pls update to latest IMU firmware, that's all.
2015-1-11
Use props
sean.moore.esq
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Does anyone know what the designed behaviour of the camera should be ?

I see a lot of threads questioning why folks can't get the behaviour of theirs to be as required, some expect it to default pointing down, some expect it to point forwards, no one appears to sure as to what position it should sit at.

My V2 with H33D and thumbwheel remote sits at 45 degrees, will rotate to fully down and fully horizontal - the thumbwheel has a return to centre action, which leaves the camera at 45 degrees.

I believe this to be how it is intended, and has proven to be ideal for me.
2015-1-11
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

sean.moore.esq@ Posted at 2015-1-11 21:12
Does anyone know what the designed behaviour of the camera should be ?

I see a lot of threads quest ...

When you are flying, you can put the camera in ANY position and release the wheel and the camera will STAY in that position.  It will not return to the 45 degree on it's own.
2015-1-11
Use props
sean.moore.esq
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Nope, it returns to its mid point, the thumbwheel has a mechanical spring return to centre - that's how it works on my V2 with Muse.

2015-1-11
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

sean.moore.esq@ Posted at 2015-1-12 00:42
Nope, it returns to its mid point, the thumbwheel has a mechanical spring return to centre - that's  ...

Did you calibrate it according to what I posted previously?
2015-1-11
Use props
o.boot
lvl.2

Austria

I have been using mine with no problems at all.
But releasing the thumbwheel to centre does not mean that the camera will go back to a 45 degree angle.
2015-1-11
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

o.boot@chello.n Posted at 2015-1-12 00:50
I have been using mine with no problems at all.
But releasing the thumbwheel to centre does not mean ...

Your camera should stay in any position you push the wheel.  Once you release the wheel, the camera will stay exactly where you left it and the wheel will return to canter.
2015-1-11
Use props
o.boot
lvl.2

Austria

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-12 00:59
Your camera should stay in any position you push the wheel.  Once you release the wheel, the camer ...

Thats what i tried to explain.
2015-1-11
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

o.boot@chello.n Posted at 2015-1-12 01:11
Thats what i tried to explain.

What it is doing now is returning to 45 degrees when you release the wheel?
2015-1-11
Use props
o.boot
lvl.2

Austria

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-12 00:59
Your camera should stay in any position you push the wheel.  Once you release the wheel, the camer ...

That's what it is doing, lol.
2015-1-11
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

o.boot@chello.n Posted at 2015-1-12 01:25
That's what it is doing, lol.

Go into the RC program on your computer, recalibrate the sticks and the X1, (wheel)
2015-1-11
Use props
sean.moore.esq
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I've correctly calibrated my setup, and it works exactly the same as three others who have independently done their own, hence me being fairly sure that sitting at 45 degrees (and returning their automatically) is by design.

Having it return to 45 degrees, via the spring loaded thumbwheel, gives a point of reference.

If the camera stayed put, but the wheel returned to centre, you would have unequal throws, dependant on were the camera had been left pointing.

V2 H33D

2015-1-11
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

sean.moore.esq@ Posted at 2015-1-12 02:14
I've correctly calibrated my setup, and it works exactly the same as three others who have independe ...

Sorry that yours wonk work,  I have 2 Phantom2 V2's and both work perfectly.  The camera will stay in any place I put it, whether it is 10 degrees, 30 degrees or 90 degrees.  Both operate the same after I calibrated according to that page.  Contact the place of purchase is all I can tell you now.
One question, when you do the calibration according to the page I posted, is your remote controller still connected to the computer RC program or disconnected?
2015-1-11
Use props
sean.moore.esq
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Gerry, I suspect you might be misunderstanding my comments.

My setup is working exactly how I would expect and want it to work, I am sure that my V2 + H33D is working as designed, it performs exactly the same way as a number of other Phantoms that I am aware of.

I do NOT want it to operate in any other manner to that which I have mentioned, however it is quite clear that some folks are confused as to how it SHOULD work.

Having a center biased control, which allows the output to remain at any position, to my mind is not logical - I would really not want this setup on any of my systems.

Each to their own
2015-1-11
Use props
jenseser
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11380554 ft
  • >>>
United States

siweckipawel@gm Posted at 2015-1-11 20:29
Hi, pls update to latest IMU firmware, that's all.

Exactly. I had the same problem, and after the updates everything was fixed and working fine. Keep in mind to change settings with the RC app to reach a 45 degree angle.
2015-1-12
Use props
michaelgulley.e
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-12 00:44
Did you calibrate it according to what I posted previously?

yes i have tried that
2015-1-24
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

What does your camera do now when you move the wheel?
2015-1-24
Use props
michaelgulley.e
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-24 18:02
What does your camera do now when you move the wheel?

the camera tilts up or down with the wheel movement but always returns back to pointing forward
2015-1-24
Use props
michaelgulley.e
lvl.2

United Kingdom

michaelgulley.e Posted at 2015-1-24 19:06
the camera tilts up or down with the wheel movement but always returns back to pointing forward

do you know what (14) potentiometer on the remote does?
2015-1-24
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

michaelgulley.e Posted at 2015-1-24 19:06

Did you calibrate the sticks and the X1 in the PT2 program and select "upgrade version"?
2015-1-24
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Did you calibrate the sticks and the X1 (control wheel) in PT2 and selected upgrade version??
upgraded version.jpg
2015-1-24
Use props
michaelgulley.e
lvl.2

United Kingdom

yes i did that. I just looked on youtube and other peoples tilt control works. The camera stays in whatever tilt angle they move to. Would it make a difference that I i have a dys 3 axis gimbal and not the zenmuse?
2015-1-24
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

michaelgulley.e Posted at 2015-1-24 19:25
yes i did that. I just looked on youtube and other peoples tilt control works. The camera stays in w ...

That might be a possibility, I'm not sure of other gimbals.  I am using the regular dji equipment.  
2015-1-24
Use props
michaelgulley.e
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-24 19:28
That might be a possibility, I'm not sure of other gimbals.  I am using the regular dji equipment. ...

thank you, I guess I will just have to persevere. I also have an sjcam and to pya £250 for a zenmuse and £250 for a gopro is as much as I paid for the phantom. I cant really justify that cost. So I will just settle for the tilt as it is for now and keep trying
Regards
michael
2015-1-24
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

michaelgulley.e Posted at 2015-1-24 19:40
thank you, I guess I will just have to persevere. I also have an sjcam and to pya £250 for a zenm ...

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will jump in here and assist.  Good luck with that.
2015-1-24
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

These are the birds in my cage.
DSCN0050.JPG
2015-1-24
Use props
camera
New

United States

Gerry1124 - many thank you's for that manual calibration routine! I had the same problem with the camera always returning to center and it was driving me crazy. I spent hours going through the RC software, the Assistant software, going back to version 3.6 from 3.8 of the Assistant software and NOTHING worked! Only after I tried your routine did I finally get it to behave the way I want with the camera staying in place even after the wheel springs back to center. Can't thank you enough for posting that. This is the only place, through a gazillion posts I dug through, I found the solution.
2015-5-9
Use props
landing911
New

United States

Thanks for all your help and suggestions.
There seems to be quite a bit of confusion, so here's some more details about what worked for me.
This is how I got my new V3.0 controller to work with my DJI Phantom Vision 2 Plus quadcopter with the camera remaining in the same position after I let go of the wheel tilt control dial.  FYI, I'm on a MAC.

Here's the firmware I started with:

And the firmware after I upgraded everything and everything worked:

My new controller firmware. I didn't upgrade anything here.

For me, the controller worked to control the quadcopter right away after pairing with the button on the bottom of the QC, but the gimbal tilt wheel was harder to get working right.

The thing that fixed it for me was upgrading either the Main Controller or the P330CB drivers (it upgraded them at the same time).
***Be sure you choose the "Upgrade Version" for the transmitter version AFTER UPGRADING FIRMWARE. ***
Then turn off your qc, disconnect it from the computer, and power it back on.

I did the controller calibration in the PT2 program and also with the stand-alone instructions, and it didn't seem to make a difference for me. I did the in-program calibration last.
The program version did not seem to matter. The same upgrades and options were available to me in the 3.6 and 3.8 versions. I used the 3.8 version.

Good luck! Hope this helps.
2015-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules