Litchi first time user
4622 30 2016-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
quikdom
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I am going to fly my P3P using Litchi this weekend (weather permitting)  any hints or tips or things to be wary off?

Cheers
2016-3-22
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-22
Use props
moses the almos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 153766 ft

United States

iv been thinking about using this app. can any one explain the difference and reasons to use this app instead of the go app> in detail please.
2016-3-22
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

moses the almos Posted at 2016-3-22 14:10
iv been thinking about using this app. can any one explain the difference and reasons to use this ap ...

For me,  one of the main things is waypoint flight.  Much easier in Litchi than in the Dji-Go app.  But the number one thing was the FPV view using Google Goggles and my device.   Also,  seems like the Litchi app connects more reliably than the Dji-Go app.  One downside is that you can not calibrate IMU in Litchi,  nor can you turn off the lights.  Litchi has easier access to IOC flight modes.
2016-3-22
Use props
moses the almos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 153766 ft

United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-3-22 18:55
For me,  one of the main things is waypoint flight.  Much easier in Litchi than in the Dji-Go app. ...

thank you for your reply. and you think this soft ware is better than the dji go advance?
2016-3-22
Use props
devil5052
lvl.2

Does the litchi app have to be downloaded on the iPad I use with my P3A or can I use the Macbook I'm on right now?
(if so....how do I load it into my P3?)
Thanks
2016-3-22
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

moses the almos Posted at 2016-3-22 17:51
thank you for your reply. and you think this soft ware is better than the dji go advance?

I think Litchi is better,  yes.  Seems easier to use,  does not crash as often and has nicer interface.  More usable overall.
2016-3-22
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

United States

2016-3-22
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

devil5052 Posted at 2016-3-23 13:24
Does the litchi app have to be downloaded on the iPad I use with my P3A or can I use the Macbook I'm ...

You also download it into your laptop where with the bigger screen you can plan and save missions......if you sign into litchi it will save these missions to the litchi cloud, and then you can access it from any other device you have that also has litchi on it.....a huge benifit for forward planing........ between litchi and google earth, you can spend a few hours planing your shots, get to the site and just sit and watch your bird do its thing.......
2016-3-22
Use props
quikdom
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks for the replies
2016-3-23
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

United States

2016-3-23
Use props
LordNeo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 548212 ft
Chile

For me, the main reason was the magic leash. Being able to "follow" someone without having him to hold the remote is a wonderfull thing (and the main reason i'm not so thrilled about P4).
2016-3-23
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734938 ft

Nothing for you to worry about - just watch the screen and if you encounter any obstacles you didn't anticipate, just hit the pause button or flip the switch back to "P" mode and take over manual control when it stops and hovers :-)
2016-3-23
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

LordNeo Posted at 2016-3-23 08:05
For me, the main reason was the magic leash. Being able to "follow" someone without having him to ho ...

Have you had good luck with Magic Leash?   Do you use it with the ios version?  I have been wanting to try this out but wanted to hear some feedback before I make an attempt.
2016-3-23
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-3-22 18:55
For me,  one of the main things is waypoint flight.  Much easier in Litchi than in the Dji-Go app. ...

Are you talking about like the google cardboard VR glasses?  What variation are you using?
2016-3-23
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

ryan209 Posted at 2016-3-23 10:03
Are you talking about like the google cardboard VR glasses?  What variation are you using?

I'm using one called VR Box.  About 25 dollars on ebay, my Samsung S5 fits right in and gives me a 70 degree field of view at 720p resolution and I can control the gimbal tilt by tilting my head.
2016-3-23
Use props
arock387
lvl.2

What devices are you guys using that is crashing the Go app?  Ive used it on both the galaxy s6 and the s7 and I have not had  a single crash.  I'm not sure about Litchi.  I just don't know if something wrong happened is it still covered in warranty if it was the drone or app error
2016-3-23
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-3-23 18:25
I'm using one called VR Box.  About 25 dollars on ebay, my Samsung S5 fits right in and gives me a ...

Awesome, I was debating giving one of the eBay ones a shot.  For 25$ I don't see a downside.  Unless I crash I guess
2016-3-24
Use props
connorschulte
lvl.3
Flight distance : 261033 ft
United States

When will P4 Support be released?

Thanks.
2016-3-24
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

Both the Litchi and DJI Go apps have features that the other does not, so have both, with the following comments:

• Use the DJI Go app for detailed video/photo and craft settings / sensors / various calibrations, etc. All of the basic stuff that you set once, then fly and forget about. Also, still use the DJI Go app for casual (non-mission / waypoint) flying.
  • Use the Litchi app for programmable missions, courses controlled by pre-programmed waypoints. The advantages here, besides what's already mentioned, is the detailed editing of each waypoint. You can fine tune each saved mission to your hearts content at home or in the field, save it or save it to another name.
  • Don't run both at once, meaning when you turn off one, actually remove it from memory. Don't leave it running in the "background" while you run the other app.

Speck

2016-3-24
Use props
LordNeo
lvl.3
Chile

ryan209 Posted at 2016-3-23 14:00
Have you had good luck with Magic Leash?   Do you use it with the ios version?  I have been wantin ...

I'm using the Android version and so far has worked really good.
Most of the time i'm doing "follow up" on bikes downhill, so i use the remote to adjust the altitude (otherwise it look farther and farther each time as it goes down).
Also i used it as "helper" for following a sail boat and stuff like that.
I haven't tested with something fast like a car or so, but it works really well so far.
2016-3-24
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

LordNeo Posted at 2016-3-24 11:44
I'm using the Android version and so far has worked really good.
Most of the time i'm doing "follo ...

That's awesome to hear!! Thanks for the info, I'm excited to try it.
2016-3-24
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Make sure your positive on how to stop what ever mission your on so it will go in to a stable hover in case something happens. I had meters and feet mixed up and almost landed on a friggin tree.
2016-3-24
Use props
LordNeo
lvl.3
Chile

ryan209 Posted at 2016-3-24 13:48
That's awesome to hear!! Thanks for the info, I'm excited to try it.

I'm now testing the Vertical Studio app, it has the active track (like the one from the phantom 4) and it works pretty well for slow movements (only people moving, not on bikes or cars, skates works ok), so depending on the type of tracking you need, try one or the other.
2016-3-24
Use props
quaddron3
lvl.2

Canada

I'm thinking about shelling out for Litchi because the native DJI go app frustratingly does not offer a proper waypoints function (on purpose).

So, if you buy the android version of Litchi, is there a way to work with the company and get a discount off the iOS version of their software, because its like paying twice. Would be better if it was free for iOS if you own the android version (which costs more).

Ipad devices only run off GPS. My wifi ipad actually doesn't even have native GPS. Most of the android devices work off GPS and GLONASS, so the positioning and signal strength is superior on android devices especially in areas without wifi geolocation.
2016-3-24
Use props
quaddron3
lvl.2

Canada

Harb Posted at 2016-3-23 00:46
You also download it into your laptop where with the bigger screen you can plan and save missions. ...

Makes you wonder what happens to these things if these cloud companies go under.

Will you still be able to use your app?

Of course we may be talking a very long time from now, or maybe it never happens, but it could. Would suck to pay $20-30 for an app only for it to last you a few years if a company closes its doors. There is always that risk. Litchi is offering an app that DJI can do themselves (and should).
2016-3-24
Use props
water_0106
Banned

Singapore

2016-3-26
Use props
LordNeo
lvl.3
Chile

quaddron3 Posted at 2016-3-25 00:39
Makes you wonder what happens to these things if these cloud companies go under.

Will you still b ...

How about paying thousands for something that may not last a year?
Enjoy it as long as it last and support app developers.
2016-3-30
Use props
Travis89jm
lvl.2
United States

I purchased litchi today mainly for the magic leash feature and can't figure out how to use it. I don't see a follow option in the function menu. There is a track option but it works similar to the p4 tracking. Which doesn't seen to work very well from the little bit I have played with it. I would much rather use the magic leash if I could figure out how.
2016-4-21
Use props
scarper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59272 ft
Australia

Travis89jm Posted at 2016-4-22 09:03
I purchased litchi today mainly for the magic leash feature and can't figure out how to use it. I do ...

are you using apple or android....apple version doesnt have magic leash option yet i dont think.
2016-4-24
Use props
Travis89jm
lvl.2
United States

It's doesn't... One of the main reasons I bought it was for magic leash. They have the app out for the device being leashed but it has no functionality yet. Hopefully they release an update soon that makes it work. Still a pretty neat app anyway. I tried the panoramic shoot on it but not sure how to compile all the photos together to make them one. Any advice? Tia!
2016-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules