Cinemizer OLED
5505 19 2015-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
matt
lvl.1

Canada

http://www.zeiss.com/cinemizer-oled/en_de/home.html

Well my inspire is mid transport.. Should be here Wednesday. Was at a local store yesterday and they had the fpv goggles I been curious about, brought them home . .  

Anyone try these before ?

2015-1-11
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

I own two sets they work great I love the idea I can still see my unit and see what the camera is showing
2015-1-11
Use props
mani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2233904 ft
  • >>>
Romania

cmontisano@smuh Posted at 2015-1-12 00:09
I own two sets they work great I love the idea I can still see my unit and see what the camera is sh ...

I own also one, full package, head tracker included. Great FPV goggles, flight experience is awesome. Still waiting for my Inspire 1, should arrive this week, do you know if it's possible to controll the Inspire camera with the headtracker, is it compatible ? On the Zeiss Cinemizer website it says it can be done, but they don't specify a gimbal compatibility list.
2015-1-11
Use props
mani
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

From the esthetic/design point of view, Zeiss looks like it was made for Inspire 1
As for flying experience, I think they are the best FPV goggles available at the moment ( haven't tried yet the new Epson Moverio 200) due to the fact you get a clear camera image while still being able to maintain contact/line of sight with your aircraft. A little bit of both worlds, in my opinion the safest way for a single pilot/camera operator.
2015-1-11
Use props
chato1974
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2630909 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has any one who has used FPV goggles with quads chime in on what they have learned whats better, the Zeiss of the better resolution but bulkier Sony HMX T-3?

http://store.sony.com/wearable-h ... -3D-Personal-Viewer

They cost $1K but

They say it's the equivalent of a personal 750" movie screen
1080p

I looking into the PFV Goggles this time around with the Inspire. I would appreciate the information.
2015-1-11
Use props
jones5r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 105722 ft
United States

How about the Fatshark DOMHDs. I know they're not true HD, but do they work with the Inspire?
2015-1-12
Use props
mani
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

chato1974@gmail Posted at 2015-1-12 08:11
Has any one who has used FPV goggles with quads chime in on what they have learned whats better, the ...

I think you should take in consideration that Sony's product was designed specifically for HDTV experience, not for FPV. Also, due to the weight of the product, I think it's not made for people on the move, rather for a sit & watch experience. Zeiss Cinemizer is clearly a better choice, because they are light, and it's simple and efficient to use them in the field, they have crisp OLED screen, they also 3D compatible and they come with everything you need , a very good solid travel case etc. I use them from time to time also for HDTV, when I travel, and they offer a great expericene, the equivalent of a 40" LED screen. Regarding Fatshark, you're kind of completely immersed in the FPV experience, with no possibility to have line of sight with your aircraft, and in my opinion it's recommended to have a "wing man", someone to watch and warn you about the status of your aircraft, while you're using the goggles. Bottom line, tu use a DJI Inspire on the field it's not so simple, it's a heavy aircraft, and you need extra accesories to enjoy a safe flight. A good reliable tablet or smartphone, several batteries, chargers, cables etc. So if you think to add FPV goggles to your gear, I would take in consideration something light, easy to setup and carry. From this point of view, Zeiss Cinemizer is the best choice at the moment, altough I would recommed to check also Epson Moverio 200, I am p,anning also to test them and see if they are better. Hope this answer would help you make a better choice, enjoy your FPV experience !
2015-1-12
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

mani Posted at 2015-1-12 19:07
I think you should take in consideration that Sony's product was designed specifically for HDTV ex ...

Great write up mani
2015-1-12
Use props
mani
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Thanks, that's my main reason to be on this forum, to learn more about DJI aircrafts and to share my thoughts with the other members.
P.s I forgot to mention also about the EyeShield accessory for Cinemizer, for those willing to be completely immersed in the FPV experience.
2015-1-12
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

mani Posted at 2015-1-13 00:02
Thanks, that's my main reason to be on this forum, to learn more about DJI aircrafts and to share  ...

Well that's great information you shared mani, since I canceled my order last week, I now have two sets of the Cinemizer OLED for sale!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ele/4876962444.html
2015-2-5
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

mani Posted at 2015-1-12 19:07
I think you should take in consideration that Sony's product was designed specifically for HDTV ex ...

When your beyond visual range you'll never see your bird , you will depend on the hud of the glasses or goggles and its iOS info , which gives you your home point position plus distance , altitude , battery % etc.
I really like my fatsharks they are full imersion no light getting in from the sides which gives you a much better view , also check out the cinemizers fov vs the fatshark dominator HDs fov .
when I fly with the fatsharks I take off with them up on my forehead then when I'm up and away 20 meters or so I simply slide the goggles down and I am on board ... On return I see myself at home point way before I can hear the bird and lift the goggles knowing right where the bird is before landing , I've flown one of my phantoms never taking the goggles off landing at various locations and then taking off again.... Just find a smooth spot to land tilt cam down and that's it no big deal and kinda fun .. For me the cinemizers are too expensive for what you really get, the fatsharks are proven fpv units and have alot of extra nice features that some others do not. You could use them with lots of other rc equipment , cars , planes other quads etc.
2015-2-5
Use props
mani
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

cmontisano Posted at 2015-2-6 05:01
Well that's great information you shared mani, since I canceled my order last week, I now have two ...

What happened, why did you canceled your order ? Sorry to hear that, I'm very pleașed with my bird, since it arrived we're quite inseparable tomorrow I am receiving my propeller locks and if Apple & DJI will continue to play hide & seek I will get myself an NVIDIA Shield. Good luck with the sale, hope you'll enjoy your Inspire in the near future.
2015-2-5
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

Fatshark FOV 45 degrees vs cinamizers 30 degrees fov ,  This in rc fpv world is huge ... the cinamizers loose hands down fov not enough for decent FPV piloting beyond visual range and or when flying close in to surrounding objects , you'll want to see what's to your sides...
But then who cares right ! Turn and whack bird goes down ,   Draw a 45 angle put the point of that angle at your eye that's your fov now try 30 degree , that 15 degrees less my friends and it's way less the closer you get to obstructions and it's Not a kick A_ _ View , even @ 720p hd or whatever the res....
2015-2-5
Use props
mani
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

daver/m Posted at 2015-2-6 07:15
When your beyond visual range you'll never see your bird , you will depend on the hud of the glass ...

If you use Eyeshield with your Cinemizer, you're also completely immersed in FPV, very good seal, completely blocking surrounding light. You may say that Cinemizer are more expensive vs Fatsharks, but in my opinion Zeiss CInemizer is a better product, with more features than Fatshark. Beside FPV experience, Cinemizer offers a superior multimedia experience, 3D compatible, you can wear it without your glasses, as every lens is adjustable, and it can be connected to almost everything that sends a video signal, analog or digital. You can also use them with the official headtracker, and I think it is just a matter of time untill Inspire 1 gimbal will receive support for Cinemizer's headtracking cappabilities, which will be extremely useful for a total control of the camera. So if you're looking on a long term investement, Zeiss has more to offer, according to the technical specifications of each product. however, if you have tried them both and you feel more confident using Fatsharks, it's clear that you should stick with your choice, end of story
have a smooth flight
2015-2-5
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

mani Posted at 2015-2-6 08:02
If you use Eyeshield with your Cinemizer, you're also completely immersed in FPV, very good seal,  ...

Fatsharks have had the head tracker module for quite awhile now , also they were developed with FPV inmind and offer way more features in every way . The cinamizers were designed for watching movies and media etc ... Fpv was the last thing they were Thinking of . Don't get me wrong here Carl Ziess products are very very respected ... But for the money they can't come close to the well developed fatshark Dom HDs , developed over Years for and with help from real RC pilots whom wanted the best in all functions possible .. Oh and that field of view I spoke of is Huge for any serious pilot ,photographer or doing inspection work with a quad copter ..... Hope you enjoy the cinamizers then !
2015-2-5
Use props
rwade1957.email
lvl.1
United States

I got the Cinemizers because I need vision correction in the positive + prescription.
The FatSharks can only be adjusted zero and down in negative steps with the slip in lenses.
Being the video coming down from the Inspire isn't wide screen, it works out pretty good.
I first used the Cinemizers with GoPros and other small cameras but now that I have the Inspire with the HD down link, the Cinemizers work nice.
2015-2-5
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

mani Posted at 2015-2-6 07:47
What happened, why did you canceled your order ? Sorry to hear that, I'm very pleașed with my bir ...

Its a long storie, lets just say I had Ordered in Nov.14th and my Order was still Pending as of last week, I will wait to the Inspire 1 ver 2 to see what comes of it, also when I ordered I was under the impression replacement parts were going to be available.
2015-2-6
Use props
pperaza
lvl.1
Flight distance : 121 ft
Uruguay

Hi, mani can you use the headtracker with the Inspire 1?
2015-4-29
Use props
Blademan
lvl.1

Russia

I have a Sony HMX T-3 and Cinemizer

I prefer to fly in the helmet of Sony, the picture quality I find it better.
You can buy them on ebay for 570$ from Japanese sellers.

Use the Cinemizer headtracker with the Inspire 1 -i t is a good idea, unfortunately they are not implemented.
2015-4-29
Use props
highman.btinter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46893 ft
United Kingdom

anyone know where to get a cable from for my cinemizer OLED  ( the one to the headset and power box - its them Battery Box Cable
[85444290] ) they do sell them in the us but won't post to uk

thanks
2016-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules