Epson Moverio BT-200 - flight experiences, help and tips
6597 19 2015-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mrbluesky
New

United Kingdom

OK maiden flight today using  brand new  Epson Moverio BT-200
Sadly it failed, no picture, all I am seeing is a distorted still of the take-off point.

Conditions: Sun but a little windy
All worked well in theory (on the kitchen table and on the garden table take off point)
Great camera image and camera movement, 11 sats loads of battery power in everything.
All prechecks peformed.

On take-off picture via the glasses immediately locked, froze and pixelated.
So all I am seeing is a distorted still of the take-off point :-(
But exploring the card shows that the camera took some great footage.
It's just a shame I couldn't see what the camera was seeing.

So what have I done wrong?
All comment and input welcome.

Ta
Mr. BlueSky

2015-1-11
Use props
binba7ar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 454751 ft
Kuwait

Hello , it works Gr8 , you need to change the preview quality from the dji app settings  640x480 15fps  well work fine in open areas , if you have interference in an area with many wireless radios i suggest you try the 320x240 15fps for flawless view .
Hope that helps
2015-1-16
Use props
rv.coy1
lvl.1

United States

I was considering getting the BT-200 myself. How about giving more info on how they are working for you. I would greatly appreciate it.
2015-1-18
Use props
mrbluesky.email
New

United Kingdom

EPSON GLASS
Great bit of kit
It's a simple matter of getting the image size correcting set up, thanks to binba7ar for that one
I am considering selling mine off £300, brand new used twice
What?  Why?

Because am selling the Phantom 2+ off in its entirely and buying a professional rig.
Contact me if interested
2015-1-26
Use props
Swerve
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I'd be interested in the Epson kit if you are in the UK. Can't PM for some reason. Can you email me at mike (at) miter.co.uk
2015-1-26
Use props
mrbluesky.email
New

United Kingdom

Swerve Posted at 2015-1-26 17:28
I'd be interested in the Epson kit if you are in the UK. Can't PM for some reason. Can you email me  ...

I’m here in the glorious Cotswolds.
As I say I have used the Epson glasses twice, I mean two flights and one movie on the sofa
It’s a great piece of kit with the Phantom, however I suffer from immense vertigo, that’s how real it is ;-)

What are they worth to you?
I have mailed you

Best Regards
Clive
Mr. Blue Sky
2015-1-26
Use props
barryfairclough
lvl.2
Flight distance : 387940 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are the glasses still available?

Barry
2015-2-2
Use props
roysnail
New

United Kingdom

I've just recieved my moverios & I think they are fantastic bit of kit!
The picture is crystal clear when watching a movie or browsing the web & good enough to fly  FPV,  the telemetry is clear  & the screen size is bout the same as a home projector!
you can switch the image on & off by tapping the side of the glasses.
I did have a few issues with distance but no difference to my iPhone 6 but I'm going to install Horizon antennas anyway so not too bothered.
The only gripe I have with them is the shades supplied are either too light or too dark so I was looking down at the black screen to get a clear picture with light lens on.. but saying that by the time I looked round I could hardly see the drone as It was so far away because I was so immersed!
The only other gripe is its a bit difficult to scroll using the touchpad!

Considering I had a pair of fatshark dominator v2 for bout 2 days before I sent them back as just unusable in my case being uncomfortable & I also had them plugged into an iPhone via hdmi mirroring adapter which was just crap & honestly don't waste your money even trying this as the edges are so blurred you can read any data!!

You can download the 2015 app from the moverio app sore straight into the glasses & the latest firmware lets you use the touch pad in landscape now aswel.
2015-2-16
Use props
RickDennis
lvl.1

United States

roysnail Posted at 2015-2-17 07:45
I've just recieved my moverios & I think they are fantastic bit of kit!
The picture is crystal clear ...

roysnail, I have read previous reviews and seen were others had commented that the Phantom Compass in the lower left of the screen has issues in the glasses. Others have stated that when using the Moverio glasses, the RED Phantom indicator in the blue compass field of view, either does not move in the image or does not appear in relationship to the actual location of the Phantom.

Have you or any others seen this ISSUE or has this been resolved?

My other question to anyone; Is DJI still in partnership with Epson and the joined development of the Phantom / Moverio FPV combination? Or has DJI forgotten about their working relationship with Epson?

I am seriously looking at purchasing the BT-200's for the sole purpose of FPV and the P2V+, however I hate to fork over the HUGE cash if there isn't any future partnership between Epson and DJI.
2015-3-4
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

There are still issues with the Vision app not fully functioning in the Moverio however a workaround is using another mobile device to connect to the Phantom via the App and miracast that screen to the Moverio.
2015-3-5
Use props
salota8550 This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-3-13
Use props
andrepf
lvl.2

Germany

I have a workaround.
I bought the Mirroring adapter EHDMC10, which get his power from an USB powerbank.
Connecting the Iphone6 via HDMI Adater with the EHDMC10 and start Mirroring App.
Fullscreen DJI App or FPV Booster App or Vision Pilot App with Groundstation and and and.
All is working very well.
But have to say that there is a time shift between Iphone and Moverio. the faster the Phantom moves the mire delay.

Now, I have to try this in real. My test was only at home.

This will work also with the Inspire

Greetings from Germany
2015-3-13
Use props
RickDennis
lvl.1

United States

Ok, I purchased the Epson Moverio BT-200 glasses. I have to say, I am very impressed. I don't see the issue that mrbluesky experienced. These are great and will only get better. When I was researching these glasses, I struggled finding people that were using them as FPV. With the coming possibilities that regulations could be implemented by the FAA and one of the regulations will be keeping a direct line of sight with the UAV, I decided these were probably the closest thing to meet their criteria and get away from the awkward phone / tablet method of FPV. I was finally able to speak to one of the designers of the glasses at Epson. He was honest in noting a couple of the issues that will soon be worked out. (the Phantom orientation in the compass Image and the slight blur along one edge of the display). Personally, the slight blur was not an issue for me. In fact, once I got the glasses positioned evenly and adjusted to proper fit for me, the blur was gone. It was a beautiful picture. The only real issue I see at this point is the Compass Image not showing proper location and direction of travel, and since this is one the issues being addressed, I will stick with the Moverio glasses and wait for that fix.

The second reason I decided to go with the Moverio glasses, and this will likely deter others, but the current US version of the glasses are being released as "Developer Only Version". No firmware updates for now. I like the idea of the "Developer Version". It's like open source and allows programmers an opportunity to write apps and create new uses for the glasses. Epson has stated that a firmware with some of the major fixes is expected in the next few months, but they won't be writing too much into the firmware that might restrict the developers. It's a Win / Win situation for everyone, if you are patient. In fact, while they are in design stage, now is the best time to get your opinions presented so that Epson can hear your needs and learn your experiences.

My experience the first time out with the glasses was smooth and impressive. The simplicity of using the glasses over my old Android phone was enjoyable. My phone isn't tied up. I don't have to worry about the millions of other apps running on my phone competing with the DJI Application. I start up the glasses, run the DJI app and wait for the Phantom to connect. Simple.

Again, they aren't perfect, YET... but I trust they will be close to perfect as more designers hop on-board. Not to mention that the rest of the world is designing apps for education, business and games for these glasses. There are not many apps out there as of yet, but I feel that will change. There are a few really nice apps that have been designed thus far that will keep you busy when you are not flying. I really don't care so much about the other apps at this point, just interested in the FPV and very satisfied with this purchase so far.
2015-3-18
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

I may have good news here for you guys

I have the epson bt 200 goggles

Tonight i got a new samsung galaxy tab s 10.5"

I installed both DJI's A1 and PH 2 v+ apps on the TAB S and then started the screen mirroring on the TAB S and the wifi miracast app on BT-200's....

Presto!... live view from the screen from the TAB S... on the Epson BT-200 Goggles.

Flew the PH 2 V+ @ 640x480 30 frames fine.

And now have access to google maps and the ground station functions which i didnt have using the BT-200 on their own.

BTW... the screen on the TAB S is fantastic... clear and bright in full daylight!

Regs Chris
2015-4-15
Use props
ianbradbury34
lvl.2
Flight distance : 218435 ft
Malta

Today, in the field (literally, a field), I couldn't get the BT-200's to screen mirror my Galaxy Note 8, it just kept disconnecting, so I flew without them.

I live in a sunny Mediterranean country and it is next to impossible to see the screen on my note in full sun.  I have a sun shield, and full brightness on the note, but I naturally switch from looking at the phantom in the sky  (eyes adjust to a lot of light) then trying to look at the shaded screen (far too dim for the sunlight adjusted eyes to see).

I'm beginning to think this 'line of sight' requirement is actually more dangerous than FPV.  At least I can see telemetry in FPV and know which way I'm facing, with LOS I'm virtually blind.

Of course once I got home, connected to wifi, lots of interference, everything was fine with the screen mirroring....

2015-6-14
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

More testing today...

Iphone 6+

Apple... Airplay

Dlink DIR-510L as my field router...
http://www.dlink.com.au/home-sol ... -router-and-charger

Bt 200's

Airshare app on bt 200's

Used the stock apple airplay to mirror to the BT 200's....

1.1.9 fw

Worked great..  flew two batt packs back to back no problems.

Regs Chris

2015-6-15
Use props
malek.kabariti
lvl.1
Jordan

chrisclaydon@bi Posted at 2015-6-15 18:37
More testing today...

Iphone 6+

May I ask kindly to explain in more details on how to connect the Epson Moverio BT-200 to the iphone 6 using the D-Link Systems Wi-Fi AC750 Portable Router and Charger (DIR-510L)
2015-6-22
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

post 26

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid130824

Has the info...
2015-6-22
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

http://moverioaccessory.prelaunch.com/
2016-4-21
Use props
bejanski
New

United Kingdom

Hi  Guys,

I'm selling just the Glasses Frame without Android.

Here is the Ebay item MOVERIO BT-200 GLASSES ONLY

Thanks,

2016-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules