Dji Go app & Samsung s7 edge
12Next >
24375 56 2016-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Samjdeleon
New

The controller of the Phantom 4 wont connect to my Samsung S7 edge. It stays at the screen showing the phantom 4 with a button saying "How to connect". Anyone else have this issue? Or are you able to connect without any issue?
2016-3-22
Use props
corfulaurent
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1122989 ft
  • >>>
Greece

I have a Samsung S7 and i had the same problem but i solved it by uninstalling the Go app and then installing it again.. now it works just fine!
2016-3-22
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

did you try to get the .apk file from dji website and install DJI Go with your computer?  That could help. It not, try to change the usb cable
2016-3-23
Use props
ap
New

United States

Re-install the app and make sure you have a good cable and you should be good to go, communicates just fine with my S7E!
2016-3-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

make sure your USB cable is good.
Also, go into your settings and turn on Developer Options and USB debugging too.
2016-3-23
Use props
Samjdeleon
New

Thanks everyone it works now. I turned off fast charging, under the battery settings. Then then uninstalled and reinstalled, when I plug the cable in I got the option this time for charging or file transfer. Choosing file transfer, connects it to the controller
2016-3-23
Use props
acbruno.cox
New

United States

I have a S7 that will not connect either. I will try the options outlined above and I am confident it will work, however, does this also require fast changing to be left off or will it remember the correct 'file transfer' setting for the DJI Go app? Not sure until I try it.
2016-4-1
Use props
BrauZA
New

New Zealand

I am also having the same problem with my S7 Edge. I have tried all the above solutions (including reinstalling the app), but it still does not allow me to enter camera mode - continues to show the "How to Connect" button. I have also tried selecting different USB connection options on the S7 Edge (including just to charge), but that does not seem to resolve the problem either. Clearly there is some setting on the S7 that is preventing this app from connecting to the phone. I will try turning off the "Smart Sense" feature on the S7 Edge as this seems to be related to some other issues with the phone functions (e.g. the camera). I will let you all know if this works.
2016-4-11
Use props
windfun
New

New Zealand

BrauZA Posted at 2016-4-12 11:26
I am also having the same problem with my S7 Edge. I have tried all the above solutions (including r ...

exact same problem here.... gotta give it another go tomoro but i think if you switch to charging mode could solve the problem at least it did for me but I only tried once s7 edge exynos version superman rom stock theme I just modded my phone because I needed multiuser support and Samsung suck at hiding important features as such! I dont think themes has nothing to do with it do
2016-9-3
Use props
Cyrus da Virus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 937297 ft
South Africa

I am using an S7 edge Duos with fast charging enabled. Absolutely no issues.
2016-9-3
Use props
sebastian83
New

Poland

Drama. Phone samsung s7 edge restarts after a while since the launch of the application. How to solve this problem? I tried everything what you wrote , and I will give this problem!
2016-9-3
Use props
aimanfalah
New

Israel

sebastian83 Posted at 2016-9-3 13:55
Drama. Phone samsung s7 edge restarts after a while since the launch of the application. How to sol ...

I have excatly the same problem , please write here when you have a solution.
2016-9-3
Use props
rola.jarek
New

Poland

The same here. I have all the software updates both on Galaxy S7 edge and Phantom 4 and the phone keeps restarting. Anyone know how to fix that?
2016-9-4
Use props
kitzerow.c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 159026 ft

rola.jarek@gmai Posted at 2016-9-5 01:56
The same here. I have all the software updates both on Galaxy S7 edge and Phantom 4 and the phone ke ...

What brand cable is good to use?
2016-9-4
Use props
rola.jarek
New

Poland

kitzerow.c Posted at 2016-9-4 23:12
What brand cable is good to use?

Original Dji USB cable
2016-9-6
Use props
studiofilmowe.v
New

Poland

RE: Dji Go app & Samsung s7 edge

This is not the fault of the cable. It became so after the last update S7 Edge and DJI aplication.
2016-9-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

studiofilmowe.v Posted at 2016-9-6 23:31
This is not the fault of the cable. It became so after the last update S7 Edge and DJI aplication.

There's some that have a S7 and are not experiencing any issues.
I only have a S6 and works just fine so don't know about the S7. If some are working fine and some are not then it must be something on the phone.
2016-9-6
Use props
studiofilmowe.v
New

Poland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-6 20:03
There's some that have a S7 and are not experiencing any issues.
I only have a S6 and works just f ...

But S7 worked flawlessly. The problem appeared a few days ago after the update.
2016-9-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

studiofilmowe.v Posted at 2016-9-7 02:21
But S7 worked flawlessly. The problem appeared a few days ago after the update.

There's 2.9.1 now on IOS
2016-9-6
Use props
mjanzou
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14820 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-6 11:32
There's 2.9.1 now, does that work?

Android go is still 2.9.0??????????????
however IOS bumped up to 2.9.1 today.....
2016-9-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mjanzou@gmail.c Posted at 2016-9-7 02:51
Android go is still 2.9.0??????????????
however IOS bumped up to 2.9.1 today.....

Yes, I edited. I had IOS on my mind.
2016-9-6
Use props
userb398bd4c8e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2703514 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The latest DJI Go Android Update hasn't done anything about the restarts.
2016-9-8
Use props
robert8
lvl.1

Germany

Same here S7 Edge restarts after 2-5 minutes.
2016-9-8
Use props
corsicajaccio
New

France

Je confirme, depuis la nouvelle version Android mon S7 edge ne marche plus avec Dji go.Il fait redémarrer mon téléphone et je n'arrive plus à me connecter. La réponse de Dji est simple. "Votre téléphone n'est pas compatible" quand j'ai acheté mon Phantom 3 pro, j'avais fait le test avec celui d'un ami et cela marchait super bien. Aujourd'hui je me sens abandonné par la réponse de dji
2016-9-8
Use props
jan.pacner
New

Czechia

Same tirning off problem S7 Phantom 4. Not related to video rec.
2016-9-10
Use props
pawel.paczkow
lvl.1
Flight distance : 103593 ft
Poland

!!!! TUTORIAL HOW TO FIX THE PROBLEM WITCH LATEST S7 FIRMWARE !!! Everything you do at you own risk!

Only way to fix is downgrade firmware. It is very easy procedure.
You need to do:
1. download latest Odin http://odindownload.com/
2. find correct version of firmware to your phone. Go to http://updato.com/firmware-archive-select-model
Search Galaxy s7 and filter model , region. Be carefull! Wrong version may brick your device!!!
In my way samsung  is SM-G930F region Poland (XEO). Firmware with error is G930FXXU1BPH6 and I downloaded previous version G930FXXS1APG3. Check release date, they not sort. Unzip the file. You will see 5 files.
3. Next step is full wipe your phone, if you need make backup!! Turn off security option like Find your phone etc. Delete samsung account. In setting go to the factory setting and do it. After phone reboot I turn it off
and press in the same time volume UP, home and power. In recovery wipe data and cache reset too. Turn off phone.
4. open Odin app with admin. Press BL and choose file of firmware with first BL letter. Next AP and Ap file - may couple of second to load the file, next CP and CP file. !!!IMPORTANT!!!! In CSC you need to choose HOME_CSC... DO NOT CHOOSE ONLY CSC!!!
5. Phone is off, press volume down, home and power, you will see warning about custom rom. Press volume up to continue. You are in Downloading mode.
6. Connect phone to computer. In odin need to see ADD in log. If you don't check usb driver, reinstall or odin support.
7. In option tab only check Auto Reboot and F.reset time.
8. If every thing is ok press start and wait  for reboot.After downgrade don't update phone  I select manual update.

I tested full battery time and any problem!
2016-9-11
Use props
linflas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 169370 ft
United States

Well, this is very worrisome, I was just about to click buy to get this drone, decided to check to see if there were any issues with the phone I was going to use for a screen and I come across this.

I do not want to root my phone, to make the GO app work.  

I hope DJI gets in touch with Samsung and works this out quickly.

I read such horror stories about the customer service from DJI, the products get great reviews, but wow, customer service looks awful.
2016-9-11
Use props
bjens
New
Flight distance : 355387 ft
Norway

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-6 21:13
Yes, I edited. I had IOS on my mind.

hi DJI-Ken

I appreciate all your efforts to try fixing this issue. I would just like to make you aware of another thread where there might be more information on the issue. I at least posted something from a test I did on dev/debugmode a few minutes ago.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=62084

Also this thread where DJI-Mindy has replied.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-62155-1-1.html

I cannot imagine that this isn't at least a semi big issue for you guys considering how popular the Samsung S7 phones are.

Would it be possible to get at least a confirmation from your team that the issue can be replicated? That some decision has been made to try fixing it, or because the error from Samsung is so grave you're waiting for a fix from their end.
edit: a link. And this forum seems to be a weird mix of people reporting problems, their own videos/pictures and general Q & A stuff all in one. Is there another place more proper for trying to fix bugs and report issues like this with the Samsun S7's ?

2016-9-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

bjens Posted at 2016-9-12 02:07
hi DJI-Ken

I appreciate all your efforts to try fixing this issue. I would just like to make you a ...

When there was a app problem from an Apple update, DJI and Apple worked very hard together an it was resolved in less than a week.
For this issue, DJI is aware and I'm sure something is being worked on.

2016-9-11
Use props
bjens
New
Flight distance : 355387 ft
Norway

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-11 21:05
When there was a app problem from an Apple update, DJI and Apple worked very hard together an it w ...

Thanks for the quick reply, and for your information.

Is there any way to merge and sticky these threads perhaps while it's being worked out? That way you could update it when the problem finally is solved.
2016-9-11
Use props
linflas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 169370 ft
United States

A bit scary that DJI-Mindy says it is a Samsung problem, Samsung won't do anything to resolve it, will need communication as DJI-Ken said between the two companies
2016-9-11
Use props
contato
lvl.1

Brazil

I am also having the same problem restarting S7 Edge. I hope that both the DJI and Samsung launch an update to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.
2016-9-13
Use props
flyolli
lvl.1

Germany

I have the same problem on my S7 Edge. Reboot after around 3 minutes of flight time on the latest OS.
The concept using a mobile device is very good when it comes to 3rd party apps. On the other hand this is a problem with such complex apps as DJI go. It's bad to see that the paradigm 'never change a running system' is also true for mobile device <-> OS <-> App Version <-> Copter <-> Copter Firmware :-(
2016-9-13
Use props
contato
lvl.1

Has anyone tried to contact directly with the DJI to see if they want to shed some correction?
2016-9-13
Use props
corsicajaccio
New

France

J'ai contacté dji  mais ils m'ont juste répondu que mon téléphone n'était pas compatible et que peut être qu'il marchera dans une future mise à jour.... combien de temps ?
2016-9-13
Use props
sabrinusx
lvl.1
Greece

Any news? Still can´t use my Phantom 4.
2016-9-18
Use props
uygar2580
New

Turkey

Hi all, I have same issue here, My S7 Edge Device keep restarting when app launched. I read some S7 users have same problem on google play. I hope to DJI or Samsung Fix this problem ASAP. I have 1st gen ipad mini too, but i guess hardware is not enough to stream video so fast, ipad keep freezing, so ulflyable.

I have another tablet which Reeder A8iW, Intel chipset and Android 4.4, It wont run DJI GO app too. I dont know for what reason. So im waiting.
2016-9-19
Use props
uygar2580
New

Turkey

Samsung announced that new system update "7.0 Noughat" on way. Hope to solve this problem.
2016-9-20
Use props
ravana
New
Turkey

I am also having the same problem restarting S7 Edge. I hope that both the DJI and Samsung launch an update to resolve this issue as quickly as possible (((((
2016-9-23
Use props
deandejoseph
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32979 ft
Canada

After updating me samsung galaxy tab e to Marshmallow 6.0.1 I'm having a horrible time trying to connect to the go app. My galaxy s5 phone with marshmallow connects just fine. I know the tab e is not on dgi's list of approved devices but I NEVER had a problem before marshmallow, I even tried to downgrade my go app to a version that used  to work to no avail. Finally getting it to connect by unplugging, turning off and on transmitter,restarting app... Whatever it takes, it finally does connect. So. I have a feeling it has something to do with marshmallow, just weird some have major problems and some don't. LOOKING FOR A FIX DJI. Hope you're listening to everyone.
2016-9-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules