Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oleg Menkov
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4048235 ft
  • >>>
Russia

How can I update X5 on OSMO?
After installation, there is one problem: the gimbal passes initialization and hangs with a sound beeeeep beep beep, and the video works, focus adjustment, aperture OK. All camera functions are working, but the gimbal is deactivated.

DJI GO IOS.

2016-3-22
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

China

Hello!
The X5 needs an adaptor which is still in development to be compatible with Osmo compeletely.
please wait for our official release of the X5 adaptor. You may find more information in our official website.
Thanks for your understanding and support!
2016-3-22
Use props
Oleg Menkov
lvl.2
  • >>>
Russia

Sorry! I use an adapter made on the 3D printer. All contacts are connected!
2016-3-22
Use props
marvelles
lvl.4
Flight distance : 600479 ft
Germany

The problem is that dji in the fist ios 2.7.0 update has posted "osmo pro support" after some hours dji delete  this "osmo pro support"
The adapter is in development til oktober 2015 ....hahahaha..they write "coming soon"
Dji onyl want to have new customers and only looking about new products like phantom 4 or x5r camera.
I think dji has the adapter from day one but the delay of the x5 r has make problems with the adapter too.
I dont understand why is dji not releasing the right firmware for the x5 to use it with the osmo.

Shame on you dji ...i have in 3 days my biggest video to do and dji gives a shit about the problems of x5/osmo  users .

Problem in the firmware ect

1.mirror side in 4 k
2.using 45 mm in 30 frames make a little zoom in 60 frames there is no zoom.
3.somethimes calibration problems.
4.ios app 2.7.1 make some problems on the iphone 6s plus.

You say march the adapter is comming....hahah next week is april.

2016-3-23
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

marvelles Posted at 2016-3-23 17:24
The problem is that dji in the fist ios 2.7.0 update has posted "osmo pro support" after some hours  ...

Sorry about keep you waiting for the X5 adaptor.

About the latest App 2.7.1, what are problems with your iPhone 6s plus?
Could you please explain more about your four lists?
2016-3-23
Use props
Oleg Menkov
lvl.2
  • >>>
Russia

Maybe I need to update X5 firmware using Inspire?
Gimbal X5 buy in December 2015.

Please Help! Many YouTube users are using OSMO X5 with homemade adapters.
2016-3-24
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Oleg Menkov Posted at 2016-3-24 18:06
Maybe I need to update X5 firmware using Inspire?
Gimbal X5 buy in December 2015.

If you mount the X5 on your Inspire, please update the firmware with the latest Inspire Pro firmware.
2016-3-24
Use props
marvelles
lvl.4
Germany

@dji-adela

1.when you have switch to 4 k the sides of the screen is mirror ...left is right and right is left.
When you make a recording it switch correct.
In 1080 p resolution all is okay.

2.when i use the olympus 45 mm lens in 1080 p 30 frames there is a small zoom.
When u using 1080 p 60 frames then its correct.

3 .the calibration sometimes work and sometimes not.on my inspire it is perfect.

4.on my iphone 6s plus when i start the dji app  sometimes i see a small window only and no fullscreen.
It helps me to switch off the osmo and the app.

But for me i have the biggest video day tommorrow and so much bugs.
I dont understand dji ...today they release the x5 r and the price for inspire 1 raw is very cheap.
I pay to much for a gear that i cannot use with the osmo.
Iam very angry about this....sorry.
2016-3-24
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

The adapter for the osmo x5 combo will be available April 1st 2016
2016-3-24
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

marvelles Posted at 2016-3-24 20:19
@dji-adela

1.when you have switch to 4 k the sides of the screen is mirror ...left is right and rig ...

1. I'm not very sure what the problem is. What do you mean by "left is right and right is left"?
2.  Higher framerates are usually used to shoot more detailed videos, under the same zoom rate, image of 1080p 60fps is more clear than image of 1080p 30fps.
3. Calibration is for automatic fine tuning, the effect of the calibration may differ from different situation.
4. If I understand you correctly, you can adjust the display of the screen in your phone by adjusting the position of the phone. The screen display has a certain display ratio, it won't fit the screen automatically every time.
2016-3-25
Use props
marvelles
lvl.4
Germany

Dear Adela,

1. I meant that the picture is mirror-inverted in 4k resolution. As soon as one presses the recording-button, the preview picture is correct. But the normal preview (without recording) is mirror-inverted.

2. With the Olympus 45 mm at 30 frames the recording picture is much closer than with 60 frames. So with the same lense I have a totally different result only by switching between the frame rates. That's quite strange. So when we shoot a project in 30 frames (we are a team with several different cameras and not all of them can use 60 frames), we cannot use the 45 mm Olympus lense, as the picture is much too much zoomed in, although we do not want a zoomed picture. Using the 60 frames, the picture is as it should be. How can this be?

3. Calibrating a lense is not possible all the time. Sometimes the system just stops without any reason, and we have to start calibration again. On the Inspire it works perfectly. Problems just occure with the Osmo.

4. Starting the system in combination with the Osmo, we had several times the problem that the preview picture on the iPhone is extremely small, means it does not fill the screen (as it does normally), you can see a very small picture in the left below corner only and there is not chance to enlarge this. This happened with different iPhones (6s and 6s plus). You have to turn off everything and turn on again.

We had a big shooting for a music video last Friday. The system pretty much did well, but we had several problems with the autofocus. We had to restart several times, as we could not focus properly.
Furthermore we had problems with the custom white balance. We tried to change the Kelvin, suddenly the system stopped and the app completey "freezed". Also here, we had to turn off everything and had to restart completely.

All in all the system is really great and we did great shootings with it, but all those little bugs are disturbing a smooth working process.

Where's the problem to launch an official X5 adapter for the Osmo after 5 months?

2016-3-28
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-24 03:21
Sorry about keep you waiting for the X5 adaptor.

About the latest App 2.7.1, what are problems wi ...

"Coming soon" lol!!!!!!!!!
2016-3-28
Use props
marvelles
lvl.4
Germany

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-25 10:27
1. I'm not very sure what the problem is. What do you mean by "left is right and right is left"?
2 ...

Dear Adela,

1. I meant that the picture is mirror-inverted in 4k resolution. As soon as one presses the recording-button, the preview picture is correct. But the normal preview (without recording) is mirror-inverted.

2. With the Olympus 45 mm at 30 frames the recording picture is much closer than with 60 frames. So with the same lense I have a totally different result only by switching between the frame rates. That's quite strange. So when we shoot a project in 30 frames (we are a team with several different cameras and not all of them can use 60 frames), we cannot use the 45 mm Olympus lense, as the picture is much too much zoomed in, although we do not want a zoomed picture. Using the 60 frames, the picture is as it should be. How can this be?

3. Calibrating a lense is not possible all the time. Sometimes the system just stops without any reason, and we have to start calibration again. On the Inspire it works perfectly. Problems just occure with the Osmo.

4. Starting the system in combination with the Osmo, we had several times the problem that the preview picture on the iPhone is extremely small, means it does not fill the screen (as it does normally), you can see a very small picture in the left below corner only and there is not chance to enlarge this. This happened with different iPhones (6s and 6s plus). You have to turn off everything and turn on again.

We had a big shooting for a music video last Friday. The system pretty much did well, but we had several problems with the autofocus. We had to restart several times, as we could not focus properly.
Furthermore we had problems with the custom white balance. We tried to change the Kelvin, suddenly the system stopped and the app completey "freezed". Also here, we had to turn off everything and had to restart completely.

All in all the system is really great and we did great shootings with it, but all those little bugs are disturbing a smooth working process.

Where's the problem to launch an official X5 adapter for the Osmo after 5 months?
2016-3-29
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

marvelles Posted at 2016-3-29 07:47
Dear Adela,

1. I meant that the picture is mirror-inverted in 4k resolution. As soon as one press ...

Osmo x5 nearly impossible to take a photo of a child because it takes so long to focus the child has already moved, it works great just not on anything that's alive.
2016-3-29
Use props
rj74
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-3-29 13:52
Osmo x5 nearly impossible to take a photo of a child because it takes so long to focus the child h ...

Try pre focus 5ft, or whatever framing you want.
Use f5.6 -f8 to give you 2ft-3ft depth of focus.
Then just run around with the kids and keep them within the focus distance, and just click away, you'll get great shots.
The advantage of the Osmo X5 in this situation is that it's easy to keep the camera pointed at the action and the camera stays perfectly level, and you can fire the trigger one handed whilst controlling the camera position. And the m43 sensor size is small enough to get a decent depth of focus, whilst big enough to get some background blur.
2016-3-29
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

rj74@me.com Posted at 2016-3-29 10:41
Try pre focus 5ft, or whatever framing you want.
Use f5.6 -f8 to give you 2ft-3ft depth of focus. ...

Thanks for the tip.
2016-3-29
Use props
marvelles
lvl.4
Germany

@dji-adela

i write you my problems with the x5 :-)
and where are my answers :-)
2016-3-30
Use props