New with a a few questions
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Madmaxxed
lvl.1

hello all. I'm new to DJI and quadcopters all together for the most part. I've flown my P3S about 3 times so far. Today it was quite windy and the model acted a little strange at manual takeoff (not sure if I was getting a little interference from a nearby building). Motors were revving, it started to drift less than a foot off the ground, as I pulled down on the stick to touch ground and shut down it caught and tumbled over while motors were still running. I picked it up, props started spiking again, and I shut it down. All looked okay aside from some grass and dirt marks on the props. I then flew it and noticed it had sort of an out of balance shake to it. Could that be a bent prop from the flip?  I pulled off the props, started motors, and they sound perfectly fine. I picked up the model as the motors were revving and noticed they fluctuate with power as I turn, lean, roll, the model by hand. Is that normal?  One last, when the model is warming up and I move the left stick I get slight movement from the camera.  Is that a normal glitch so to speak?  Thanks in advance!

2016-3-23
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

'I picked up the model as the motors were revving and noticed they fluctuate with power as I turn, lean, roll, the model by hand. Is that normal?  One last, when the model is warming up and I move the left stick I get slight movement from the camera"

All that is normal behaviour. The changes you notice in the motors are the drone trying to straighten itself as you move it.

Tipping is quite common in high wind. You need to learn to compensate for any lean on landing keeping the drone level at all times. If you get a tip shut the motors off immediately as it can cause them damage. Always shut of motors on a good land with throttle stick down until they shut off. Don't use csc command for turning motors off on a good landing as this may cause a tip.

As for the wobble. It sounds like a vibration. These can be a nightmare to fix as you have to find the source of it. Check for any debris, mud, grass etc inside the motors themselves from above. A good clean and blast from compressed air can help dislodge anything. Check the shell for cracks and loose screws. Try a new set of props in fact that's the first thing to try. As any slight scratch and chink in the plastic props could cause a vibration.

Welcome to the world of RC drone flying and DJI. They are undoubtedly the best out there way above the rest in quality and abilities.  When I first flew my p3p I couldn't believe how stable it was. I have flown a lot of other brands and RC devices. I would never go back now flying DJI
2016-3-23
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Until you have more flight time I would suggest to you not to fly in winds over 10 mph. I can be a little tricky to take off and land in the wind. I would purchase prop guards and install them if you are going to fly in winds, near buildings, trees, etc. They will help protect your aircraft and props if you bump into one of these things and if your aircraft tips over on landing it will protect the props and motors from being obstructed. Watch videos on how to hand catch your aircraft for landing and for taking off. This is beneficial  to launch and retrieve the aircraft in winds and and if the ground is uneven , rocky or tall grass. You and hand launch and retrieve by yourself or have someone does it for you. Be careful! Those props will cut!  
2016-3-23
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

" One last, when the model is warming up and I move the left stick I get slight movement from the camera.  Is that a normal glitch so to speak?"

Yes ... perfectly normal and not a glitch
2016-3-23
Use props
Madmaxxed
lvl.1

Thank you all for the responses!!!  I absolutely love this machine!  I started about a month ago with another model and was no comparison to the DJI!  
2016-3-23
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

All normal.  NEVER land when the aircraft is still moving horizontally.  Only vertical landing should be attempted.  No landing like an airplane.  You can do serious damage to your craft.  Replace the  props - sounds like you damaged one.  As for tipping, yes, that is normal too.  Remember, the aircraft will always try to remain level, unless it is moving.  If you tip it one way, the opposite motors will spin up, trying to level it back up.  That how even the simplest ones work.  These things aren't toys, so treat it very well.  They are also fragile and you can do lots of damage with even a 3 foot fall.  Read the forum stories.  Watch how-to videos. Read the manual SEVERAL times.  You can do severe damage to a human body, should they come in contact with the props while flying.  Does that scare you?  Good!  Now go out and fly with respect.  
2016-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules