X5R raw footage(DNG sequences)
6220 14 2016-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PowerZhang
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35397 ft
Hong Kong

X5R Raw Footage(DNG sequences) can download by this sitehttps://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... 0DNG%20Sequence.zip
X5R Sample:https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/zenmuse_x5s/Iceland%20Footage.zip

2016-3-23
Use props
Morrisson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20710033 ft
  • >>>
United States

These are awesome.

Thank you!

This camera is what this drone has been waiting for...
2016-3-23
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

Its nearly 3.30am and cannot go to bed until I see this download........even ungraded I am busting......if its what I hope, the Local DJI shop will be getting a pre paid order in the morning.
2016-3-23
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Absolutely Awesome videos!!  That's a nice camera option!!

Rich
2016-3-23
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I prefer my video medium rare
2016-3-23
Use props
Burlingtonfilms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 108550 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Awesome find, thanks for sharing.
2016-3-23
Use props
dustwaterwindfi
lvl.1
United States

UNREAL.... popped  the CDNG right into davinci resolve and it functioned perfectly. this is incredible, I cant believe DJI really did it.  I think the camera world is really sleeping on this, its pretty major for many reasons. I shoot and edit raw everyday and this camera along w/ the osmo will redefine B-camera for my productions.
2016-3-23
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

CANT WAIT TILL I GET HOME!!! I have my computer downloading them right now so its there waiting for me
2016-3-23
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

A couple of hours sleep and I am off to work Shooting an Ad........
I am keen to get back so I can play with the DNG files.........from what I looked at before I finally went to bed last night....er......morning.......was that these clips are going to be good to find the possibilities we are going to have with the X5R.
I am glad they didn't put up some perfectly shot loverly scenes that are easy to grade...........these clips both have some very tricky content, so it will be a fair test.
Good luck everyone.....this is what we asked for, now lets test the heck out of it.
2016-3-23
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4626 ft

Hard to tell on these of the capabilities of the dynamic range as the first shot is clipping highlights bad in the clouds and the second sequence is underexposed.
Any chance we can get some day light examples shot in the correct settings? The waterfall shot looks like its skipping a bit?

Thank you though for providing these!
2016-3-23
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Thanks for the clips.  Very impressed with the first clip of the ice field, but is anyone else concerned about all the noise in the second clip?  Looking at it I think it was quite underexposed, probably trying to get the sky but in this case probably better to let the sky blow out and expose for the rock.
I'm not concerned about the clipping sky in the first clip, I wouldn't be asking for that much dynamic range on a camera this cheap.

Here is my export if anyone wants to jump right to results.  Keep in mind this is just YouTube and will introduce its own garbage along the way.

2016-3-23
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

jimhare Posted at 2016-3-23 23:24
Thanks for the clips.  Very impressed with the first clip of the ice field, but is anyone else conce ...

Good work with the footage,  second clip looks great considering how under exposed it is. Seems like the X5r gives lots to work with... even if the footage is not 100% ideal.
2016-3-23
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

gybo102 Posted at 2016-3-24 16:09
Good work with the footage,  second clip looks great considering how under exposed it is. Seems li ...

Yeah, I'm still very interested in seeing some high detailed shots where we know the X3/X5 compression would let it down.   

I know I could get that noise out of the X5R underexposed shot if I had to, but that would defeat the purpose.   
2016-3-23
Use props
harb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99986539 ft
Australia

I gave this clip a quick grade on my laptop while at work, so maybe there is more to be done.......
I guess my first comment on the clip is the original footage.
As a cinematographer at some point you have to take responsibility for what goes in the "can" , and in this case, I would definitely go and reshoot this scene, as it is just way to far outside the capability of the camera to be fully recovered in post.
Having said that, there is detail there where there would not be if it was shot in a non raw format.
You have to remember that this is a very cheap camera in the big picture of things, and I think it has tried pretty hard to work here way to far out of the scope of its dynamic range to get premium results.
I think the results that could be achieved reshooting this same scene under ideal lighting conditions would be very good.
Anyway, I picked this clip first as I thought it may be the one that created the most difficult grade give the high noise ratio.......very very high indeed.
I will give the other one a go latter.
I pushed it as hard as I dare given the high nosie.....any more and it looks washed out and fogy........a bit more light would have made a huge difference, but as can be seen by the gold collored highlights, this was shot very late in the day as the sun was on the horizon or even below it..

You can watch it in upto 4k by pressing the HD button and selecting what your IT conection will handle

2016-3-23
Use props
CameraOnFilms
New

United Kingdom

Hi Everyone

For me the shot of the waterfall (second clip) is really under exposed and I get that they are trying to give us something that's a little bit of a challenge but having see it I was kinda underwhelmed as it didn't showcase the ability to recover that much of the image.  Maybe I am asking too much and thinking of a stills camera when it comes to RAW.  The first clip did seem nice but the sky concerned me somewhat as when I played with it a bit it seemed to break apart quite a lot. Maybe I'm not working it right.
BTW, I'm taking the DNG sequence through CineLight and into Premiere Pro CC then grading with the Lumetri Color Panel. Is that the right way to do it? I followed Ian Cresswell's workflow from another thread.  The grades above do look good though guys so I think that's helped me feel bit better. Should have an actual X5R to play with soon so will be eager to share results back.

BTW, the two sample grades above...were they edited it DaVinci Resolve or in Premiere Pro CC? Either way, were they denoised at all?

Cheers

2016-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules