Drone STOLEN
257059 257059 2016-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
daniel.guaman.e
New

Chile

Hi everyone!

I need your help!. My Phantom 3 Pro was stolen around hour ago. Is there some way to track it down remotely. Does the drone have a GPS system able to show up its position when its turned on?

Thanks for your help!!

Cheers
2016-3-23
Use props
rolandoeas
New

Chile

Any once know something about it!!!
2016-6-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

What is your email and I can see what I can do.
2016-6-1
Use props
rushons91
lvl.1

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-2 00:07

I have the same problem. My P3P has been stolen from rental car in canary islands.
DJI-Ken mby you can help me as well?
2016-6-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

rushons91 Posted at 2016-6-20 18:10
I have the same problem. My P3P has been stolen from rental car in canary islands.
DJI-Ken mby yo ...

What is your login email and I can forward it on.
Also your aircraft serial number, but if you don't have the box anymore no big deal I can easily get the SN.
2016-6-20
Use props
rushons91
lvl.1

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-20 22:12
What is your login email and I can forward it on.
Also your aircraft serial number, but if you don ...

Yes i have original box and all serial numbers
My email: rushons91@gmail.com
2016-6-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

rushons91 Posted at 2016-6-21 04:33
Yes i have original box and all serial numbers
My email:

I will send and email to corporate. They will probably need your proof of purchase.
I see it was last flown on 6/15 in La Orotave but that was your account so it was you.
If someone else flies it then it will register the serial number in whatever account they start or already have.
2016-6-20
Use props
rushons91
lvl.1

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-21 04:44
I will send and email to corporate. They will probably need your proof of purchase.
I see it was l ...

Ohhh you are my hero. thanks! Yes that was my account and my last flight after robbery. Yes i have  proof of purchase, and all serial numbers.
Can`t wait for your email.
2016-6-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

rushons91 Posted at 2016-6-21 04:57
Ohhh you are my hero. thanks! Yes that was my account and my last flight after robbery. Yes i have  ...

It won't be my email, but I asked someone from headquarters to look into it.
The chances of anything happening are slim.
It has to be flown and they have to log into the account. And who's to say that they might say they bought it from someone selling it on the street.
We'll see.
2016-6-20
Use props
rushons91
lvl.1

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-21 05:03
It won't be my email, but I asked someone from headquarters to look into it.
The chances of anythi ...

yes but if i m proof that is my drone(with serial nr. ect.) then i have rights to have it without any discussion, because its my property.
But anyways your the star, because i contact today  online support and she said there is no chance to do anything like that, the only option is to block it but i did`t wanted to do it at the moment.
yes we`ll see and big thanks for your help.
2016-6-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

rushons91 Posted at 2016-6-21 05:16
yes but if i m proof that is my drone(with serial nr. ect.) then i have rights to have it without  ...

If it end up DJI does see a login and IP address/email then I'm not sure if they can give you that information. It may be something that you need to report to the authorities.

Because of privacy issues, DJI may not be able to give you the info even though it's your stolen aircraft.
Look at the big picture, you say it's stolen but how does DJI know that.
Let's step outside of the box to understand why DJI may not be able to provide info to anyone.
So being unrealistic, let's say you are a bad person and you sold the P3 to someone and you wanted to get close to them for whatever reason good or bad intentions. If DJI provides you with basically their address and something bad were to happen don't you thing DJI will be responsible for providing you private information or a person's location.

I have no idea what they can or cannot do, I'm just thinking of an example if they say they cannot provide any information without some kind of court order.
2016-6-20
Use props
rushons91
lvl.1

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-21 05:27
If it end up DJI does see a login and IP address/email then I'm not sure if they can give you that ...

But i have Spanish police proof of crime, with copy of case and crime number. I can send it to DJI as a proof of crime. There is my name, address and e-mail on it.  Also that paper shows what i said and what has been stolen. Also date and time with reference numbers.  
I hope it can be good proof of what happened.  
I can send you thru e-mail if you wish to have a look.
2016-6-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

rushons91 Posted at 2016-6-21 06:52
But i have Spanish police proof of crime, with copy of case and crime number. I can send it to DJI ...

I am here to provide technical support for users and their aircraft. I cannot do anything in your situation. All I can do is forward your information along which I did.
So them them contact you and go from there.Plus I am in the USA.
2016-6-20
Use props
rushons91
lvl.1

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-21 08:48
I am here to provide technical support for users and their aircraft. I cannot do anything in your s ...

thanks for your help, you helped me a lot.. ;)
2016-6-21
Use props
rushons91
lvl.1

I am here to provide technical support for users and their aircraft. I cannot do anything in your s ...

Thanks a lot!
But i still did not receive any email from  DJI HQ.
2016-6-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

rushons91 Posted at 2016-6-26 21:21
Thanks a lot!
But i still did not receive any email from  DJI HQ.

OK, I will email them. I don't know if there is anything they can do unless they get a subpoena.
2016-6-26
Use props
userbda3a7d79b
New

Had my drone stolen today? What can I do? I just don't want to be blamed if the thief does something stupid with it.
Thanks!!
2016-7-3
Use props
rushons91
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-26 18:17
OK, I will email them. I don't know if there is anything they can do unless they get a subpoena.

Dji ken can u please give me your email address, want to send you some private message..
2016-7-8
Use props
rushons91
lvl.1

can you write me on my email please.
rushons91@gmail.com
i have couple questions about my stolen drone.
2016-7-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

userbda3a7d79b Posted at 2016-7-4 13:20
Had my drone stolen today? What can I do? I just don't want to be blamed if the thief does something ...

I've sent an email inquiring about it.
2016-7-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

rushons91 Posted at 2016-7-19 17:32
can you write me on my email please.

i have couple questions about my stolen drone.

I have nothing to do with stolen aircraft, my position here is only to provide technical support if your aircraft is  having an issue.
I have sent an email to corporate and referenced your post.
2016-7-19
Use props
rushons91
lvl.1

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-19 22:05
I have nothing to do with stolen aircraft, my position here is only to provide technical support i ...

yes, but you said you can checked my last location when drone was turned on.
Mby there is some updates.
2016-7-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

rushons91 Posted at 2016-7-20 05:37
yes, but you said you can checked my last location when drone was turned on.
Mby there is some up ...

I can check the last location of your drone by your GO app so that only tells the last time you used it unless your phone/tablet was stolen too and the GO app with your account was used.
2016-7-19
Use props
mrJones6
New

United States

My drone was taken along with photo of brothers engagement party. I know there I something DJI can do but every call I make, I get a different response. "can only track while in flight" , "can track for 2nd registered users on one Serial Number", "can track just takes up to 4 hours to get last known location", "cannot track at all". The case was stolen along with remote and drone.

my info is as follows
registered email: mrazar6@gmail.com
Craft SN: P76DCK06A26312
Carrier SN: P78DCK05060051
Repeater SN: P81JCJ23000453
2016-11-26
Use props
gkimster
New

Mexico

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-1 10:07

Hy, i have the same problem, Phantom4 just stolen, my email "g_kimster@hotmail.com".
Regards
2016-11-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mrJones6 Posted at 2016-11-26 20:55
My drone was taken along with photo of brothers engagement party. I know there I something DJI can d ...

I've forwarded your info, but honestly I don't know if they can do anything or not.
2016-11-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

gkimster Posted at 2016-11-26 21:59
Hy, i have the same problem, Phantom4 just stolen, my email "g_kimster@hotmail.com".
Regards

Just your email does not give any information as it's only to your account and registers a flight when you fly with your account.
2016-11-26
Use props
Jelliott69
New
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-1 08:07

John@mylakelandhome.com is my email.  Thanks for any assistance you can give to me.

2017-3-23
Use props
Jelliott69
New
United States

Jelliott69 Posted at 2017-3-23 13:37
is my email.  Thanks for any assistance you can give to me.

I also have the serial number of the drone if you need that.
2017-3-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Jelliott69 Posted at 2017-3-23 13:37
is my email.  Thanks for any assistance you can give to me.

You piggybacked of a post I was assisting another user with.
Please PM the story. And the only way it can be tracked is if the person uses their email for the GO app and if DJI gets a location with email and IP address. You need to file a police report and the police have to contact DJI with a subpoena as they will not release any information to you.
2017-3-23
Use props
AndreaAbrami
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76549 ft
Austria

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-1 08:07

Hi Ken! I've wrote you about 6 days ago about my stolen drone. I've got an answer from you with some some things that I had to send you, but after that answer I think you are not gonna getting my PMs anymore.. Can I write you an email? Thanks again for your help Ken, you help a lot of people!
2017-3-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

AndreaAbrami Posted at 2017-3-25 09:53
Hi Ken! I've wrote you about 6 days ago about my stolen drone. I've got an answer from you with some some things that I had to send you, but after that answer I think you are not gonna getting my PMs anymore.. Can I write you an email? Thanks again for your help Ken, you help a lot of people!

You can email djiken@dji.com
2017-3-25
Use props
angelillogr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5930141 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am buying a second hand Inspire 2 tomorrow and the seller is sending me this Serial number that appears in the drone (see attachent). Does anyone knows how can I find out if it's not a stolen one?.
Thanks

Serial Number

Serial Number
2017-5-23
Use props
fanscd19f144
New
Flight distance : 67093 ft
United States

Hello,
I have my drone stolen (whole package with controller and battery) also.  I contact DJI tech support to ask for track/recover/deactivate. Tech support could not do any of these and told be to contact the police.  Is there another department within DJI that can help me?

My email is vo.q.ken@gmail.com

Thank you
2017-5-29
Use props
fanscd19f144
New
Flight distance : 67093 ft
United States

To DJI,

My drone got stolen.  I am wandering if I can buy another controller and have DJI program/register the new controller to the frequency of my drone.  And if can know where my stolen drone is flying at, I can go there and use my new controller to take/fly back my stolen drone to me.

The application of two controllers for one drone already available.  Not sure how much more of a technical challenge it is to implement an override function to a controller to override another controller in the case of retrieving stolen drones.

Appreciate any feedback.

Ken
2017-6-2
Use props
Vl KV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 687362 ft
Russia

DJI please do something with that. Drone costs like IPHONE, iphone has option to be linked with appleid.  Why dji drones has no option like that ? My mavic has been stolen, police needs GPS coordinates. If dji syncs my tracks to the cloud so they should be able to provide that information to police. But online support cannot help. There is emails of HQ but we dont know it! police doest not knows so nobody can helps its too sad. And i know that djiken trying help us but has no ability.
2017-6-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Vl KV Posted at 2017-6-6 16:48
DJI please do something with that. Drone costs like IPHONE, iphone has option to be linked with appleid.  Why dji drones has no option like that ? My mavic has been stolen, police needs GPS coordinates. If dji syncs my tracks to the cloud so they should be able to provide that information to police. But online support cannot help. There is emails of HQ but we dont know it! police doest not knows so nobody can helps its too sad. And i know that djiken trying help us but has no ability.

We are deeply sorry for your loss, we would like to help, but really unable to track the location. Once customer purchased the drone, it will become your personal property, we can only check the flight record unless customer sync it to the cloud and provide us DJI account as well. Otherwise we cannot find any trace of the drone, in this case, please call the police to check the surveillance camera.  We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
2017-6-7
Use props
fans00542366
New

United Kingdom

Hi my dji was stolen this morning
any help what can i do
Thanks for any help
2017-6-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans00542366 Posted at 2017-6-29 08:20
Hi my dji was stolen this morning
any help what can i do
Thanks for any help

We are so sorry for your loss, please call the police to check the surveillance camera. I have explained on post 37#.
2017-7-1
Use props
fans84d9a482
New
United States

Question, can't DJI deactivate a Mavic Pro via serial number, in cases of thefts?
2017-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules