Shooting stop underexposed but boost brightness on tablet
899 6 2016-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1338891 ft
United States

I like to shoot a stop or to underexposed ... the problem is it is hard to see what's happening on the screen when the colors are not so bright. I have tried increasing my screen brightness to maximum however I'm wondering if there are any other tricks. Thank you for any suggestions.
2016-3-23
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

you may have to wear FPV goggles, or get in under the shade, or a shade over the tablet.
The only other option is shoot normally and fix it in post to your taste........you sound like a good candidate for RAW Shooting
2016-3-23
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

Raw is where it's at.
I never shoot jpegs. Too dirty looking, dark and loss of detail and definition.
Soooooo much can be done in post with raw / dng.
2016-3-23
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

Not all tablets are created equal.  I have better luck seeing the screen on my IOS devices than on my Android stuff.  Actually my iPhone 6 is even better than my iPad Air 2.  But that means I have to wear my cheater glasses for my 64 year old eyes to be able to read the DJI Go labels  
Standing in the shade also helps, even if you use a shield.
2016-3-24
Use props
wes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1338891 ft
United States

Thanks for those suggestions. I shoot the raw bracketed still shots. Time to go fpv I guess. Thanks again
2016-3-26
Use props
americanrawlins
lvl.2

United States

I hate shooting raw..... I don't edit my pics I just make sure Im taking clean pics at the time lol
2016-3-28
Use props
harb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99986539 ft
Australia

americanrawlins Posted at 2016-3-29 07:58
I hate shooting raw..... I don't edit my pics I just make sure Im taking clean pics at the time lol

Its not always possible , and its almost always the case you will get better results shooting RAW........I like to record every single pixel the sensor is capable of capturing.........I don't trust the camera to decide what pixels to delete....they may be the wrong ones, and they always are the wrong ones in the High and low area's of the image.
for stuff that doesn't matter though like holiday snaps its ok I guess.
2016-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules