Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Starts Shipping Inspire 1 RAW Edition
7419 26 2016-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

DJI Starts Shipping  Inspire 1 RAW Edition

Standalone Micro Four-Thirds Zenmuse X5R Camera Also Available Shortly

SHENZHEN, CHINA, March 24, 2016 – DJI said Thursday it will begin shipping the eagerly anticipated Inspire 1 RAW edition, featuring its best-in-class aerial Micro Four-Thirds Zenmuse X5R camera, on March 28.

Shipping of standalone Zenmuse X5R cameras will start from March 31.

The X5R features interchangeable lens options with remote-controlled focus and aperture. It records CinemaDNG files to a solid-state drive (SSD) and is the world’s smallest, lossless 4K camera optimized for aerial imaging. Video bitrates average 1.7Gbps, with a maximum of 2.4Gbps. The X5R also offers a new D-LOG mode with a broader array of color correction options in post production.

The Inspire 1 RAW pairs the power of the Zenmuse X5R with DJI’s powerful and professional Inspire 1 aerial platform.

From next week, customers can begin purchasing the Inspire 1 RAW and Zenmuse X5R through all sales channels, including directly from DJI’s online and flagship stores and through authorized dealers.

For additional information, please contact

Global Director of Communication:          Adam Najberg

Email:                                           PR@DJI.com

938A0032.jpg

About DJI

DJI is a global leader in developing and manufacturing innovative drone and camera technology for commercial and recreational use. DJI was founded and is run by people with a passion for remote-controlled helicopters and experts in flight-control technology and camera stabilization. The company is dedicated to making aerial photography and filmmaking equipment and platforms more reliable and easier to use for creators and innovators around the world. DJIs global operations currently span North America, Europe and Asia, and its revolutionary products and solutions have been chosen by customers in over 100 countries; for applications in film, advertising, construction, fire fighting, farming, and many other industries.

For more information, visit DJI online: www.dji.com

Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DJIGlobal

Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/DJIGlobal

Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/DJI

2016-3-23
Use props
Neraxus
lvl.4

Canada

Thank you.
2016-3-24
Use props
martinkirikal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68471 ft
Estonia

Hi Tim,

I have the first generation Inspire1. (Is it ok to upgrade the old Inspire with the new camera/gimbal plate/leg extentions?)
Are these old motors powerful enough? This old bird is in perfect condition and I dont see point selling it.

Br,
Martin
2016-3-24
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

martinkirikal Posted at 2016-3-24 09:24
Hi Tim,

I have the the first generation Inspire1. (Is it ok to upgrade the old Inspire with the new ...

I have one of the first inspire 1's ever produced and after I updated the gamble plate and landing gear risers I use my x5 camera all the time so I'm think it will work fine with the x5 raw
2016-3-24
Use props
martinkirikal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68471 ft
Estonia

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-3-24 15:30
I have one of the first inspire 1's ever produced and after I updated the gamble plate and landing ...

Thank You for the information.
2016-3-24
Use props
Turbo Heart
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

It am very excited
2016-3-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

martinkirikal Posted at 2016-3-24 21:24
Hi Tim,

I have the first generation Inspire1. (Is it ok to upgrade the old Inspire with the new cam ...

I flew the X5 RAW on an old version Inspire and it flew fine. You will lose some flight time. Also because of the added weight, you will get a "Propulsion Output Limited" warning upon full throttle or when the battery starts getting low. But that is no big deal as it is part of the battery management software.
2016-3-25
Use props
Janne_H
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108898 ft
Finland

Hi Tim and Ken! Do you know how long the shipment will take to Finland if I buy the Inspire 1 Raw from DJI's web-store? I'm really looking for to get the drone as fast as possible. Local reseller told that they will have the drone in stock on  8 april. Would the DJI web-store be faster?
2016-3-25
Use props
rj74
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I want to order X5R, but would only buy with a compatible Osmo Pro handle.
I don't shoot enough aerial work do justify an X5R for the Inspire alone.
But X5R on an Osmo Pro would be VERY appealing.

So... When will you release an Osmo Pro?
It seems essential that DJI offer a handheld solution for the X5R.
2016-3-26
Use props
Phoenixaerial
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-25 07:10
I flew the X5 RAW on an old version Inspire and it flew fine. You will lose some flight time. Also ...

Was the conversion very tricky?
2016-3-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Phoenixaerial Posted at 2016-3-29 02:18
Was the conversion very tricky?

Not at all, it takes less than 10 minutes to convert the adapter plate.
2016-3-28
Use props
Neraxus
lvl.4

Canada

I just did mine. It was pretty straight forward. I was afraid the new mount would crush the cables underneath but it was fine.

Just make sure you have a small allen key.
2016-3-28
Use props
tucci
lvl.3
Flight distance : 540331 ft
United States

Any updates on shipping status? I pre-ordered mine from B&H and they still say they have not heard anything from DJI about getting stock of these and they don't know when that will happen still. The DJI site has listed the Inspire 1 RAW as available and shipping since last week before the press release quoted time of 3/28 so not sure why come 3/28 nothing has changed especially in terms of authorized dealers selling these. I'm just so eager to get mine and get it up in the air!
2016-3-29
Use props
dobmatt
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Neraxus Posted at 2016-3-28 18:42
I just did mine. It was pretty straight forward. I was afraid the new mount would crush the cables u ...

One minor thing to consider during this modification: check the recessed holes for M3 mounting shoulder screws. The shoulder should go smoothly thru bottom hole all the way down until the screw cap sits in recession. If not, the hole must be re-drilled precisely to a slightly bigger diameter, just a hair bigger. Mine were brutally forced down at assembly line, scraping excess of aluminum away and deforming plastic surface behind. In result the holes for rubber dampers were annoyingly misaligned. Not a life-threatening issue, but considering the price tag ...
2016-3-29
Use props
Rob W
Captain
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

tucci Posted at 2016-3-29 23:05
Any updates on shipping status? I pre-ordered mine from B&H and they still say they have not heard a ...

I wonder, too, when it will be shipped. I pre-ordered from my closest dealer, and they have no information either.
2016-3-30
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

dobmatt Posted at 2016-3-29 19:24
One minor thing to consider during this modification: check the recessed holes for M3 mounting sho ...

Did you take a photo showing this situation? I was just wondering how to check this on mine.

Rich
2016-3-31
Use props
dobmatt
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-4-1 01:09
Did you take a photo showing this situation? I was just wondering how to check this on mine.

Rich ...

I'll try to elaborate with illustrations later tonight, Rich ...
2016-3-31
Use props
vitor.fragaxyz
New

I`m very excited with your Inspire 1 RAW Edition, but your ssd is priced at us$ 1500.00!!
Why is that? Look at the competition. Can I use one of them instead yours??
thx in advance.
2016-4-4
Use props
Heliflo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8885013 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Rob W Posted at 2016-3-30 10:04
I wonder, too, when it will be shipped. I pre-ordered from my closest dealer, and they have no inf ...

Do you have already any info's? I'm in the same Situation and wondering when I can expect it...
2016-4-5
Use props
Rob W
Captain
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Heliflo Posted at 2016-4-5 12:46
Do you have already any info's? I'm in the same Situation and wondering when I can expect it...

I got some news yesterday from my closest dealer. Apparently I will get my X5R next week (or early the week after).
2016-4-5
Use props
tucci
lvl.3
Flight distance : 540331 ft
United States

My Inspire 1 RAW is arriving today! I originally ordered with B&H but they wouldn't update me with any info in terms of dates and stock information, so I cancelled and switched my order to Adorama. They got a small shipment of them in Friday. Placed order yesterday morning, item arriving today. They were great!
2016-4-5
Use props
GtoJon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5054964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anybody looking, B&H updated there site & have Inspire 1 RAW s available now.  Got mine Yesterday   I am using Windows 7 with DJI Camera Exporter.  Having intermittent problems with the app running & functioning properly.  Anyway, I love my RAW

Cheers, Jon
2016-4-6
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

GtoJon Posted at 2016-4-7 10:15
Anybody looking, B&H updated there site & have Inspire 1 RAW s available now.  Got mine Yesterday  ...

what exact problems you were facing?  did you solve it now?
2016-4-6
Use props
rbendjebar.mac
First Officer
Flight distance : 3170190 ft
  • >>>

GtoJon Posted at 2016-4-7 10:15
Anybody looking, B&H updated there site & have Inspire 1 RAW s available now.  Got mine Yesterday  ...

Brave man, Jon!

That's a keeper! Can't send it back to B&H now. Happy flying. I want to see some footage!
2016-4-6
Use props
Arrow1969
First Officer
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Tim,

Is the inspire RAW airframe the same as the Pro airframe ie Motors props eccentric ??

Cheers

Tony
2016-4-7
Use props
GtoJon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5054964 ft
  • >>>
United States

rbendjebar.mac Posted at 2016-4-7 12:17
Brave man, Jon!

That's a keeper! Can't send it back to B&H now. Happy flying. I want to see some  ...

Don't plan too .... this one is a keeper   Sorry, don't get notifications for IP

Cheers, Jon
2016-4-8
Use props
sambarnes90
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Awesome machine! I've played around with one and the footage they can produce is nothing short of exceptional.

Really great work from DJI on this one.

p.s. they're in stock in the UK here.
2016-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules