Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO New Firmware Version v1.6.2.10 - What's new?
123Next >
14686 84 2016-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

2016.03.24  OSMO Release Notes
1.       Firmware Version: v1.6.2.10
2.       DJI GO App iOS Version: v2.7.1
3.       DJI GO App Android Version: v2.7.1
OSMO NEW RELEASE.jpg

Major Updates

1.       Fixed issue with low audio recording volume when using firmware v1.5.2.0.
2.       Fixed occasional failure to apply digital stabilization when taking timelapse photos.

Notes
  After update, auto calibrate the gimbal. If the firmware upgrade fails, restart the Osmo and DJI GO app and try again.

2016-3-24
Use props
raul.aguilera
lvl.3
Flight distance : 259557 ft
Chile

I just update firmware from  fw (1.06) and in my Samsung S4. The app seems not able to change size of video, even when my Android version is 4.2.2.
I also installed app in my Ipad Mini2 and everything look good and works ok. Is there ane way to change video setting in android app?

Video Setting in Android 4.2.2. Cant change video size!!!!!!:

Video Setting in Android 4.2.2. Cant change video size!!!!!!

Video Setting in Android 4.2.2. Cant change video size!!!!!!
2016-3-24
Use props
ari_za
lvl.3
Flight distance : 77300 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Awesome! Devs are really going full-speed ahead! Any idea how I can prevent audio cracks/pops in my recordings with the flexi-mic and built-in mic? Or is that a bug that requires fixing?
2016-3-24
Use props
sdchew
lvl.4

Singapore

Updated! So far so good!
2016-3-24
Use props
Zebadee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 461270 ft
France

I've just installed the Osmo firmware update 1.6.2.10 and I can say that sound quality has improved a little. It's still completely unusable.
2016-3-24
Use props
Zebadee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 461270 ft
France

raul.aguilera Posted at 2016-3-24 14:33
I just update firmware from  fw (1.06) and in my Samsung S4. The app seems not able to change size o ...

No, you can update from ANY previous version the Osmo firmware. Be sure to check the text file generated by the Osmo (OSMO_FW_RESULT_AB.txt) that can be found on the SD card in the root directory. The last lines should look like this:

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:08 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: OSMO_FW_V01.06.02.10.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

It will tell you if you have successfully upgraded. The DJI GO app is buggy and does not always recognise the upgrade. DJI suggest you re-install the app and try again.
2016-3-24
Use props
raul.aguilera
lvl.3
Flight distance : 259557 ft
Chile

Zebadee Posted at 2016-3-24 11:56
No, you can update from ANY previous version the Osmo firmware. Be sure to check the text file gen ...

Ill try. Thanks Zebadee
2016-3-24
Use props
stevencossio
lvl.1

United States

installing new firmware now....will do some tests and report back shortly to see if audio is fixed.

.....Okay finished the update. Tested it, here are my findings.Right after the update, I had a slight drift on the gimbal so I did what the post says at the top, calibrated gimbal and that stopped the drift.

Volume is now significantly louder, Sounds better than it did before.
My Audio setting under camera is auto set to 100

When I play back videos on TV or laptop you can hear a hissing sound, almost as if the GAIN was to high. there is also some type of choppy effect to the audio so not sure if it was the furry ball thing that goes on the mic making contact with the mic as i moved around.

Im going to try and tone down the volume from 100 say to 90,80,70,60,50 and see which one sounds better. Also removing the furr ball on the mic
......Okay I did the test with different volume settings and I was right, at 100 the GAIN is to loud which is what produces the hissing sound and crackling audio.
The default is 30 which eliminates the hissing sound. after running few tests depending on what your environment looks like I will say Volume levels between 30-50 are the best.

Conclusion: The volume issue with previous firmware has been fixed with this update
Reminder: Keep an eye on the volume GAIN, keep it under 50 (prefer 30-40 range)

What are you experiencing?

2016-3-24
Use props
LenMiddx
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I've just successfully updated the firmware, but found that app wouldn't go into normal viewing mode: "Cannot enter Camera View. Please wait until the upgrade is complete" The app also reported that the upgrading was "99%". To cut a long story short, the only way to make it work again was to delete the app and then download  it again.

ADDS: Tried Osmo's in-built mike for the first time since all the upgrading: it's still unusable. You can incresae the gain somewhat, but the noise also increases and is so bad as to make it unusable. An external mic or other form of input is a must. If you can get a strong signal into the camera, the audio recording is quite good.
2016-3-24
Use props
RegDawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54091 ft
United States

I"m getting my Osmo delivered today....I hope I don't run into any issues updating the firmware. 1st thing I'm going to do when I open it.
Do you guys recommend doing the update via the app or the microSD card way?
2016-3-24
Use props
stevencossio
lvl.1

United States

RegDawg Posted at 2016-3-24 12:51
I"m getting my Osmo delivered today....I hope I don't run into any issues updating the firmware. 1st ...

Dude, Do it the old fashion way.
Download firmware on a laptop
put in ROOT of the SD card
Put SD card into camera, turn it on and let it ride.

Eliminate errors with doing it via app.
my experience.
2016-3-24
Use props
robind_r
lvl.4
United Kingdom

stevencossio@gm Posted at 2016-3-24 17:01
Dude, Do it the old fashion way.
Download firmware on a laptop
put in ROOT of the SD card

Agreed - via SD card every time...
2016-3-24
Use props
rawmediastudios
New

New firmware upgrade has caused major video lag on my HTC Nexus 9 when using touch screen controls to move the camera. Still fine on Samsung Galaxy 5S. I used it last night with the Nexus and it worked great. Today after updating to the latest firmware... major video lag. Camera response is great but video takes almost 30sec to catch up to movement.
2016-3-24
Use props
RegDawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54091 ft
United States

rawmediastudios Posted at 2016-3-24 12:06
New firmware upgrade has caused major video lag on my HTC Nexus 9 when using touch screen controls t ...

will uninstalling and reinstalling the app help you think?
2016-3-24
Use props
nickage
lvl.1

United States

Updated with SD card, no issues during update, as usual.
2016-3-24
Use props
LOCOSDEL136
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5709 ft
Puerto Rico

2016-3-24
Use props
nico_mav
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1858852 ft
Greece

Nice DJI.
That was a realy fast one !
Now the only thing that we expect is the motion trackers on the next FW
2016-3-24
Use props
Masemoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5137425 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you DJI!
2016-3-24
Use props
robind_r
lvl.4
United Kingdom

nickage Posted at 2016-3-24 19:49
Updated with SD card, no issues during update, as usual.

Likewise. All okay.
2016-3-24
Use props
jgracia
lvl.1
Mexico

update and still no audio in my videos once exported to iPhone or computer. What can I do? in settings it is clear that the audio box is activated because the APP DJI GO if they sound the videos.
2016-3-24
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

jgracia@me.com Posted at 2016-3-25 10:24
update and still no audio in my videos once exported to iPhone or computer. What can I do? in settin ...

We can review the audio in Playback, Media Library and in the SD card, which one are you talking about? Did you record the audio with a external Mic or the built-in Mic? If you've tried with different external Mic with the same result, please check if the Mic port is OK.
The problem may be out of your Mic itself, maybe it's not compatible with the Osmo. The recommended Mic are as below:
Sennheiser MKE400
Sony ECM DS70P
Rode VideoMic Pro
Rode VideoMicro
Mymyk Smartmyk
DED DV-889
2016-3-24
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

nico_mav@hotmai Posted at 2016-3-25 04:49
Nice DJI.
That was a realy fast one !
Now the only thing that we expect is the motion trackers on th ...

Could you please explain to me more about the 'motion trackers'?
2016-3-24
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

rawmediastudios Posted at 2016-3-25 03:06
New firmware upgrade has caused major video lag on my HTC Nexus 9 when using touch screen controls t ...

The quality of video feed vary from the WiFi conditions and your phone's response speed, if your HTC support 5.8GHz, you can switch to 5.8GHz to have a test.
2016-3-24
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Zebadee Posted at 2016-3-24 22:42
I've just installed the Osmo firmware update 1.6.2.10 and I can say that sound quality has improved  ...

May I know more details about your expectation with the audio?
2016-3-24
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

ari_za Posted at 2016-3-24 21:45
Awesome! Devs are really going full-speed ahead! Any idea how I can prevent audio cracks/pops in my  ...

For a better using experience, we would suggesting using below recommended external Mic:
Sennheiser MKE400
Sony ECM DS70P
Rode VideoMic Pro
Rode VideoMicro
Mymyk Smartmyk
DED DV-889

The performance of Audio is not perfect, but we'll keep improving the quality constantly in the future.
Thanks for your support!
2016-3-24
Use props
jgracia
lvl.1
Mexico

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-24 21:26
We can review the audio in Playback, Media Library and in the SD card, which one are you talking a ...

This problem is with the internal microphone of osmo. Audio is Heard in the APP DJI GO but if I export my computer iphone video or audio has not. Usually I use a TASCAM but not Have osmo audio guide.
https://vimeo.com/159462937
Password: osmo
2016-3-24
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

raul.aguilera Posted at 2016-3-24 21:33
I just update firmware from  fw (1.06) and in my Samsung S4. The app seems not able to change size o ...

It works in Android normally.
Please try to reinstall the DJI GO App or check your phone's condition.
2016-3-24
Use props
MagicBen
lvl.1

Vietnam

1.6.2.10 Update works fine without any problems.
BUT, what happened to the PAN/TILT to work at the same time which was released with FW 1.5.2.00 ?
The "Joystick Control Direction" setting just disappeared in the Gimbal menu.
DJI-Adela, please kindly feedback on this.
2016-3-25
Use props
scann3r
lvl.4
Sweden

Thx for the update, everything works fine.
Audio seems to be back to normal now.

Joystick control direction is still there under gimbal settings.

Happy Easter!
2016-3-25
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

MagicBen Posted at 2016-3-25 16:41
1.6.2.10 Update works fine without any problems.
BUT, what happened to the PAN/TILT to work at the  ...

It should be in Gear icom->Gimbal->(General Joystick Control Direction, could you please re-install your DJI GO App to have a look?
2016-3-25
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

jgracia@me.com Posted at 2016-3-25 11:44
This problem is with the internal microphone of osmo. Audio is Heard in the APP DJI GO but if I ex ...

In Playback of the DJI GO App, the audio is synchronized with the sound in the SD card. If you can hear sound in Playback, it should have same sound in the SD card.
Maybe your Media Player in your computer can not play the record audio.
Please check again.
2016-3-25
Use props
BIGDZ
Captain
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>
United States

All seemed to be in working order when I tested it yesterday. However, the internal mic without an external mic hook up still sounds bad. The good news is the drift and auto sync seemed to be gone.
2016-3-25
Use props
jgracia
lvl.1
Mexico

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-25 02:59
In Playback of the DJI GO App, the audio is synchronized with the sound in the SD card. If you can ...

I have reviewed in three different computers (Apple) with programs like quick time, final cut, VLC and preview. just as when I import of the iphone APP DJI has no sound. and also use two different memories. Thank you
2016-3-25
Use props
tiagoantoniopav
lvl.1
Flight distance : 271742 ft

Mic still very, very bad. and wort of it, when I use mu RODE DSLR mic, some times soudns to loud gets distorced (recordin on a nigth club for exemple.)

is amazing how such a good product com with such a bad mic.

you guys fron dji should fell shame of it.

My phanton 3 Professional is all good. but the osmo.... there is a lot of work on it to achieve his potential.
2016-3-25
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

China

jgracia@me.com Posted at 2016-3-26 01:51
I have reviewed in three different computers (Apple) with programs like quick time, final cut, VLC ...

That's a little weird, could you please return it for our analysis?
You can contact your dealer first for help or you can email to support.us@dji.com directly.
2016-3-25
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

China

tiagoantoniopav Posted at 2016-3-26 05:35
Mic still very, very bad. and wort of it, when I use mu RODE DSLR mic, some times soudns to loud get ...

The audio performance of audio may not in the professional level, however, we'll try out best to improve in the future.
Any of your other feedback will be appreciated!
2016-3-25
Use props
m.friedl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
Austria

Wow, it seems to work reliable now

Bravo, first Update and i found no bad Parts in it and another new Goodie is Zoom works now in 4k mode too

Mike
2016-3-26
Use props
jgracia
lvl.1
Mexico

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-25 21:49
That's a little weird, could you please return it for our analysis?
You can contact your dealer fi ...

ok, I will write you again but still do not help me. and send serial number, receipt and requested more data and just close my order number to support@dji.com thanks
2016-3-26
Use props
Moshe.mmm
First Officer
Flight distance : 1320098 ft
  • >>>
Israel

m.friedl@a1.net Posted at 2016-3-26 17:16
Wow, it seems to work reliable now

Bravo, first Update and i found no bad Parts in it and ...

Hey,
Thanks for the info.

Can you tell me how much magnification can you make if you zoom in 4k and you export it in 720?
Can you make a video please..?
2016-3-26
Use props
m.friedl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
Austria

@Moshe.mmm

Hmm, works only in Photomode 2x  

Mike
2016-3-26
Use props