Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
WARNING TO ALL DJI CUSTOMERS
12Next >
5127 63 2016-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nrechtman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1555344 ft
United States

THIS IS A WARNING TO ALL DJI CUSTOMERS:

Do not buy the DJI Backpack from an authorized reseller, DJI will not stand behind their product,vin fact don't buy their case at all, as it does not hold up well, my case was purchased from Beach Camera and the inserts on the feet as coming apart, DJI will not stand behind their manufactured product. They could care less, they say that is their policy,  This is no different than if I went to Best Buy and bought an Apple Product, ultimately the manufacturer would stand behind their product. DJI REFUSES TO DO THAT

Do yourself a favor and buy a case from a reputable dealer, stay away from the DJI CASE!!!!!!!

2016-3-24
Use props
Bhujang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

gulp too late I got mine. Can you show images of how your case has deteriorated?
2016-3-24
Use props
rayrokni
Captain
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

My dji case has been great and withstood a lot of abuse. It's not a question of Case Quality
2016-3-24
Use props
ArcticM39
lvl.3

United States

My DJI case is also good after almost five months.
Took it on many outdoor trips. No issue here.
But, I am curious as to why/how yours deteriorated.
2016-3-24
Use props
John Boy
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Mine is perfect....you must have just been unlucky and got a duff one.
2016-3-24
Use props
hgtz92
lvl.1

United States

We all want to see pictures Mine is still in great condition
2016-3-24
Use props
vr-pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4668169 ft

Mine is good, too. Keeps being in a perfect condition for 6 months now...
2016-3-24
Use props
vu.q.le
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-24
Use props
Bhujang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

vu.q.le@outlook Posted at 2016-3-24 21:12
http://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopter-parts/pp_238185.html?currency=USD&gclid=Cj0KEQjwoM63BRDK_bf4_M ...

Cheap copy. I almost went for that one but just didn't quite trust the inserts. Glad I got the DJI one ;) it's a great quality.
2016-3-24
Use props
microcyb
First Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Woah ($31.63 US), that is a cheap price!  might have to buy one of those. {:2_36:}
2016-3-24
Use props
MrWho

Denmark

microcyb Posted at 2016-3-24 22:19
Woah ($31.63 US), that is a cheap price!  might have to buy one of those.

Dude, it's a cheap copy. It doesn't even have the DJI letters on the top. It's hard closed-cell foam, not soft foam inside.
If you however are aware of this, then yes it's very cheap.
2016-3-24
Use props
nrechtman
lvl.3

The feet are coming apart, the case was purchased 1/18/16, Beach Camera, the reseller on Amazon said I would need to go through DJI since it was more than 45 days since I bought it, DJI flat out refuses to honor a warranty on their product if you do not purchase directly from them
2016-3-24
Use props
nrechtman
lvl.3

Mine is the DJI brand with the DJI logo on it, the box it was sent in has the DJI Part 50 label on it, I paid $144 for it
2016-3-24
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought the DJI soft backpack from Amazon and it is great quality and works fine for me

Rich
2016-3-24
Use props
FAS1
Second Officer

United States

this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif
2016-3-24
Use props
Troubleshooter
lvl.4
  • >>>

lmao lol those signs
2016-3-25
Use props
flormo2002
Captain
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>

Well, I don't own the DJI backpack but while I was shopping at my local Micro Center, they had both the Phantom 3 Pro and the backpack on display and I did notice that their display model was missing 2 of the rubber legs on the bottom. I know people may pick at things at the store but made me decide not to purchase. I'll stick with my Nanuk 945 but the only issue is the weight
2016-3-25
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

My case has held up well.
2016-3-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

I'm sorry that you had an issue with it. I have not heard of any back pack complaints before.
I've had mine a year and it's pretty scratched up and the feet look extremely used from lugging it all over and setting it down in all kinds of terrain.
BUT, all 4 feet are still securely intact.
Can you post a photo and I will show it to the repair department.
Your thread title may be a little over the top. You may want to add something to the fact that you are talking about the back pack in the title.
2016-3-25
Use props
nrechtman
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-25 09:29
Your thread title may be a little over the top. You may want to add something to the fact that you a ...

If you won't stand behind an authentic accessory purchased from a reseller that's an issue that ALL your customers need to be aware of it says in the response I got from your support team that any product that isn't purchased directly from your website won't be taken care of, when I first contacted your company I got this response,

I apologize for the experience you have had with your product. We at DJI Technology of North America would like to assist with the refund/exchange process.

Items can only be exchanged for like products, upgrading or downgrading your purchase is not possible.

DJI Technology does not provide refunds for third party dealers, only purchases made through theDJI Online Store qualify for refund/exchange.

Items returned in retail packaging with shipping label attached will not be processed for refund or exchange. All items must be secured within separate packaging acceptable for transport.

Thank you for choosing DJI,

"The Future of Possible!"

But a day later got this response

Dear Xxxxxxxx
I am very sorry. We are unable to assist as the backpack was not purchased from us and we do not repair them. I do apologize for the inconvenient news.

2016-3-25
Use props
ryan209
lvl.4

United States

You bought it on eBay.  Not many companies honor a warranty on an item sold through eBay that's almost anything unless specifically stated in the auction that it carries full US manufacturers warranty.  I guarantee if you had bought it at an authorized retailer like B&H (directly not through eBay). This would have been resolved.   This should thread should be titled WARNING:  BUY FROM AUTHORIZED DEALER IF YOU EXPECT WARRANTY SERVICE AFTER THE FACT
2016-3-25
Use props
ryan209
lvl.4

United States

Not to mention in this post, you neglect to mention the fact that you purchased it through EBAY
2016-3-25
Use props
185EZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 396470 ft
United States

I got the hard shell back pack included with my P3A.
I haven't really put it through a real test yet but it seems fine as far as quality.
My only complaint is lack of space for accessories like prop guards, sun shields, etc.
I actually had one of those inexpensive soft backpacks for my fc40. It was more like a suitcase and you could fit way more stuff in it.
2016-3-25
Use props
nrechtman
lvl.3

ryan209 Posted at 2016-3-26 04:32
Not to mention in this post, you neglect to mention the fact that you purchased it through EBAY
Where did you get the idea that it was purchased on eBay? You just assume that, it was purchased from Beach Camera on Amazon
2016-3-25
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.4

I also have the DJI Hardshell Backpack.
Only one thing I don't like, although it is not going to make me want to send it back.
I don't like the fact that I have to take the props off to put it inside the case for transporting.
My next case I will pay attention to this little caveat.

Other than that. Its great.
2016-3-25
Use props
ryan209
lvl.4

United States

You yourself said in post #12 "beach camera the reseller on eBay" or did I dream that?
2016-3-25
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.4

ryan209 Posted at 2016-3-26 06:55
You yourself said in post #12 "beach camera the reseller on eBay" or did I dream that?

Yep......read 'em and weep.
Its right there. Post number 12.
2016-3-25
Use props
nrechtman
lvl.3

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-25 21:29
Your thread title may be a little over the top. You may want to add something to the fact that you a ...

Ken,

Here are the pics, I'm upset that these feet on the DJI case didn't hold up and DJI won't stand behind their product.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg
2016-3-25
Use props
nrechtman
lvl.3
United States

RE: WARNING TO ALL DJI CUSTOMERS-

ryan209 Posted at 2016-3-26 06:55

You were correct I did incorrectly say eBay nd corrected my post , I apologize, when I was typing my post, I was thinking I should have just bought a cheap knockoff on ebay for $40 instead of the $144 I spent from Beach Camera thru Amazon, but I wanted to support DJI when I made the purchase on the case and now I'm regretting my purchase.
I would have posted pictures sooner but I had to make them smaller since the file size wouldnt let me upload them here in their original format.

5.jpg
2016-3-25
Use props
Rob_stal
Captain
Flight distance : 1243038 ft
Australia

I have the same case and have had it for 4 months now, It is still in perfect condition. It all depends on how you take care of your gear, if you drag it by the handle each time you lift it the rubber feet are going to grip the surface they are on (that is what they are there for) and inevitably tear away.
Lift the case straight up by the handle and you won't have that problem, everything and anything has it's limitations it is after all a plastic, rubber and foam object, so a modicum of care on the user side would be expected.
2016-3-25
Use props
Anderjon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666893 ft
United Kingdom

I had the DJI original case, shoulder strap stitching came away after about 2 weeks. Took it back to dealer I purchased from and they replaced without question. New one has taken some punishment and held up well. Every product has a minute number of items with defects, sounds like you unfortunately got one.

I take it no consumer protection laws in US then? In UK we're  covered up to 6 months from date of purchase for defects under law......
2016-3-25
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.4

yes we have quite a few consumer protection laws in the U.S.
Unfortunately China does not have to abide by them.
2016-3-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

I see, I thought the feet were coming off from the shell.
The inner strip looks torn on one of them. I am sorry that it happened.
I do not work in the customer service or repair center but I will at least show this to them Monday. But since you've already gotten word from the customer service center, I really have no pull with them.
Here is a photo of mine and it's just about a year old.
Back Pack.jpg
2016-3-25
Use props
nrechtman
lvl.3

The white center part of the feet should not have done that, I put the case in an overhead compartment on a flight, yes I guess the flight attendant probably slid it around in the compartment one or two times mad when I got off the flight I noticed the rubber sticking out on 3 of the feet, that should not happened, I would be grateful if you could get me 4 replacement feet.
2016-3-26
Use props
nrechtman
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-26 10:43
I see, I thought the feet were coming off from the shell.
The inner strip looks torn on one of the ...

I should have just bought this one and put the $100 savings towards another battery
image.jpeg
2016-3-26
Use props
flormo2002
Captain
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>

nrechtman Posted at 2016-3-26 21:21
The white center part of the feet should not have done that, I put the case in an overhead compartme ...

I can't believe How upset you are over something as trivial as this. If you complain about something so minor as this in life...........can't imagine how you deal with the important things in life. Give it a rest. Take some superglue for God's sakes and fix this minor defect yourself.
2016-3-26
Use props
Sajid Shah
Second Officer
Flight distance : 627539 ft
Portugal

vu.q.le@outlook Posted at 2016-3-25 05:12
http://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopter-parts/pp_238185.html?currency=USD&gclid=Cj0KEQjwoM63BRDK_bf4_M ...

gearbest 90% products are fake i means China made with low quality
2016-3-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

nrechtman Posted at 2016-3-26 21:31
I should have just bought this one and put the $100 savings towards another battery

I can tell you that back pack may be that price because it is NOT a DJI back pack.
2016-3-26
Use props
water_0106
Banned

Singapore

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-26
Use props
QuadBart
Second Officer
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, I can see how damage like that can reduce the protection of your Phantom!  Thats a serious fault.  They need to recall all packs...  
2016-3-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules