Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware Upgrade problems. P4
12Next >
32002 61 2016-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikael
Captain
Flight distance : 24199 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just got my Phantom 4 today and am trying to upgrade the firmware.
The transmitter update went smooth and without any problems.

BUT the Phantom is impossible to update for me. I have tried thru my phone connected to the bird. It says download is paused, continue download. And then the same message again and again. Over and over.

When I connect the bird to my macintosh and try to upgrade thru DJI Assistant it downloads the software and then says Upgrade failed. Press retry after restarting the Phantom. Same thing over and over.

I have tried to delete and redownload DJI Go. Same result.
I have tried to redownload Assistant on another Mac and retry, same result.
I have tried multiple memory cards.
I have tried with the transmitter on and off. Same result.
I have tried to do it without being logged in to Assistant. Same result.

I have the latest version of DJI Go.

Please advice.

It seems to be fairly easy. What could be wrong. Im not new to this. I have a P3 and an Inspire 1 Pro. Never had problems with those.

Please help.

Best Mikael
2016-3-24
Use props
boxerman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

I feel your pain....  I never got the firmware to install successfully with either of the Assistant apps (OSX or Windows) - consistently failed.  But I did get the firmware to install using my iPad 3 (IOS v9.2.1 or 9.3) connected to the RC with RC on and Phantom on.  Then after download, I connected the iPad directly via USB to the Phantom to complete the install.
2016-3-24
Use props
mikael
Captain
  • >>>
United States

boxerman Posted at 2016-3-25 03:16
I feel your pain....  I never got the firmware to install successfully with either of the Assistant  ...

Hi, Im trying on an iPad right now. The DJI Go tells me to download the firmware on DJI Go homepage. After going there, I press the red box saying there is a new firmware. I press download, it first shows a box saying Downloading. After approx 15 seconds it says. "hantom 4 firmware upgrade download paused". I press the new button Continue Download. After 15 seconds, the same message comes up again.

So no luck with that. I have checked my internet connection and it works perfectly.

Please advice anyone.
2016-3-24
Use props
jentakespicture
New

Canada

I'm having the exact same problem as mikael.  "Continue Download" in the app (tried my iPad mini and iPhone), "Upgrade Failed" in Assistant (on my Macbook Pro).
2016-3-24
Use props
marcot1234
lvl.1

United States

same problem
2016-3-24
Use props
marcot1234
lvl.1

United States

same problem
2016-3-24
Use props
Topviewpics
lvl.3
Flight distance : 623232 ft

any luck from using the Assistant on a Mac? I get downloaded ok but than it gives me FAILED upgrade message....uuurgh!
2016-3-24
Use props
mikael
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I still have the same problem. I thought it was broken so I went back to the Apple store and returned it. I am picking up a new one tomorrow and hope to have better luck with that. If that doesn't work I don't know what to do.

If anyone got it to work, please tell us your secret.
2016-3-24
Use props
Topviewpics
lvl.3
Flight distance : 623232 ft
United States

Ok, I got it to work.

Initially I was trying to use my PC (Mac and WIn) to upgrade the quad, it did not work after 3 trials and lots of frustration.
1 - Then, I went onto the GO app and turn the whole system on (RC, Quad, and connected to my IpadPro) > A Message came up saying new firmware available to download via GO app (not PC!)
2 -  I followed the screen to download the firmware on the Go app (make sure your wifi is strong enough, I had to be close to my router to get a strong signal). Keep in mind I downloaded the firmware on the iPad with nothing connected to it
3 - Once download was complete, I then connected the Ipad to the quad using the dongle adapter so you can link Quad Micro-USB > iPad-Lightning cable
4 - Once connection is complete, you can start the upgrade following button on the GO app screen

Note: My RC was on but not connected during this process since the iPad was directly connected to the Quad

All went fine from there, took about 10 minutes to upgrade (an the annoying upgrading beeping soundtrack have been removed for this process)

2016-3-24
Use props
jentakespicture
New

Canada

mikael, I finally got it to work by using Assistant on my PC.  If your new P4 has the same problem, maybe try a different computer.
2016-3-24
Use props
mikael
Captain
  • >>>

Thank you. I will pick up a new P4 tomorrow since I returned the one I had, and try again. I only have macs and iPads, so I really hope I will get it to work. But it seems like DJI should do some needed improvements on their apps, since a lot of people seem to have the same problem.
2016-3-24
Use props
boxerman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 39695 ft

mikael@ohlen.nu Posted at 2016-3-25 12:29
Thank you. I will pick up a new P4 tomorrow since I returned the one I had, and try again. I only ha ...

This is a saved piece of forum post text that I grabbed before I received my P4.  This procedure worked for me:

OK - I figured it out.  This is the procedure that worked for me. Detailed firmware update instructions really should be included in the box on a single sheet of paper.  I own a Phantom 3 Pro and an Inspire, but the firmware update procedure for P4 is COMPLETELY different.

1. Connect iPad to RC using an Apple-certified USB-Lightning cable.
2. Power on RC - iPad automatically turns on (that's new)
3. Start DJI GO app
4. Power on P4
5. On main screen of DJI GO app - the one where the P4 picture is displayed, you should get a message that a firmware update is available. (Note: If you enter the DJI GO app and go to Camera screen, you will also get a message that a firmware update is needed, BUT you cannot update firmware from this screen or by tapping on the message.  Instead, go BACK to the main screen with P4 picture.)
6. Tap on the DOWNLOAD icon at bottom of screen.  Firmware took 7-8 minutes to download even though I have 30-50 kbps high-speed Internet service, so BE PATIENT. If download pauses, just tap RESUME DOWNLOAD.
7. When firmware download completes, DJI GO app will instruct you to connect cable to P4 aircraft using adapter cable.  OK this is a little complicated. Here's what I did that worked.
8. Leave P4 and RC powered ON.
9. Disconnect full-size USB connector from the back of the RC leaving Apple Lightning cable attached to iPad.
10. Plug USB connector into DJI-provided adapter cable that has a female USB connector on one end and a micro-USB male connector at the other end of 4-inch cable.
11. Plug micro-USB connector into micro-USB port next to microSD slot on the side of the P4. Do NOT turn off the RC!  (NOTE: The first two attempts, I turned the RC off and the firmware update failed to proceed.) So, now your iPad or iPhone will be directly connected by USB cable to the P4 (the RC is now connected only wirelessly to the P4).
12. If you are lucky like I was, the firmware update will start within 15 seconds of plugging micro USB cable into P4.
12. P4 firmware update progress will be displayed as a percentage at bottom of DJI GO app screen.
13. When firmware update completes, you will be instructed to disconnect the USB cable from the P4.  You may or may not then be told to reconnect the cable to the P4.  (Note: I disconnected the micro USB cable from the P4 and plugged it back in.)
14. DJI GO app should now display message indicating update is COMPLETE and instructs you to disconnect the USB cable from the P4 and reconnect it to the RC.
15. Leaving RC and P4 turned ON, I disconnected the cable from the P4, disconnected the 4-in USB adapter cable, and plugged the USB connector back into the full-size USB connector on the back of the RC. (Note: iPad or iPhone is now cabled directly to the RC (normal cable configuration).
16. I clicked on CAMERA on DJI GO app screen and this brought up the live video screen from the P4.  At this point, you can power everything off and back on again, if you wish.
17. No more "firmware update required", but now I got a message indicating COMPASS ERROR, so I took P4 outside and performed COMPASS CALIBRATION.
18. Powered OFF P4, RC and iPad.
19. Powered ON RC (iPad turned on by itself) and restarted DJI GO app.
20. Powered on P4 - after a minute or so DJI GO app indicates aircraft is connected.
21. Press CAMERA icon on DJI GO main app screen and camera screen with live video image from P4 is displayed.
22. BE SURE TO GO THROUGH EVERY MENU AND SET ALL OPTIONS TO YOUR PREFERRED SETTINGS INCLUDING:
     - Set Return to Home Altitude
     - Imperial vs. Metric Units of Measure
     - Camera Photo and Video settings
     - Enable Hardware Decoding
     - Enable Multiple Flight Mode
     - Set Maximum Flight Altitude (20-500M)
     - Smart Go Home (ON or OFF)
     - Set new Visual Navigation System Settings

I hope this helps others that might be struggling with first P4 firmware update.

- Dave
2016-3-24
Use props
mikael
Captain
  • >>>

Thank you boxerman. I will pick up a new P4 today and give it a try. Will report my experience with your workaround.
2016-3-25
Use props
mikael
Captain
  • >>>

A new update on my firmware updating problems.

As you read before I had severe problems trying to update the firmware on my new Phantom 4. So severe I ended up returning it. Today I picked up a new one from the Apple store. I started it up an hour ago and started updating. The controller update went super smooth and when trying to update the aircraft it went thru without any problems.

My conclusion is that the first one was broken. The new one works flawlessly and right now everything is working as expected. I didn't have to use the workaround supplied by Boxerman. I just connected everything and followed the on screen instructions.

So if you have problems, maybe you should consider returning it and change it for a new one. It worked for me. Thanks to all of you trying to help out.
2016-3-27
Use props
ChrisElly
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi I had same problem last night it kept saying pause so I kept pressing continue continue for about five minutes and then it starts to go through just persevere there must be a problem with their servers I read one guy it took 7 to 8 minutes before it start to down load
i had to swap out mine with the Apple Store 3 times

Hope this helps
2016-3-27
Use props
ptortora
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1102 ft
United States

I have a new P4 and spent the past 2 days trying to get it to update.  At first, it wouldn't even tell me in the GO app that the aircraft needed updating (and it did because it came preloaded with 1.0.161) then it finally did along with telling me the RC was also in need of updating.  I then proceeded as instructed and all I get is the infinite loop of telling me the Phantom 4 firmware upgrade package download was paused.  Every time I hit Continue Download, it just stops again and again.  I called DJI and they told me to use DJI Assistant 2.  I'm on a new Mac and after an hour of many attempts, I'm told by them to try an older MAC or a PC.  Unfortunately, I don't have an older mac around so I'm stuck.  So frustrated with their update process, sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.  On top of that, how do you have a relationship with Apple and can't even put out a product that is compatable with the latest OS.  I'm not sure what to try next so if anyone has a suggestion, please post it.
2016-4-8
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
Second Officer

United States

This seems to be happening mostly on Apple products, as I don't see a single android user saying it's happening to them. I have android, it upgraded first try with zero problems, for the aircraft and the RC. Other android users I know it's the same with them.
2016-4-8
Use props
ptortora
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1102 ft

ptortora@mac.co Posted at 2016-4-8 18:32
I have a new P4 and spent the past 2 days trying to get it to update.  At first, it wouldn't even te ...

Update:  After quite a while trying all of the recommended methods on the forum and from DJI tech support, I decided to keep hitting repeatedly the resume download button on the Go App every time it paused.  It would just keep cycling and pausing but after 20 or 30 tries, it began to download.  Would occasionally pause and I would then again keep triggering the 'resume download' button.  Eventually, with great persistence, it downloaded completely.  I plugged it into the aircraft with the supplied adapter and took a bit of time to recognize that the aircraft was plugged in but once it did, she did the upload and completed the update with no errors.  Whew, so relieved.  Hopefully, DJI will get the MAC version of the Assistant 2 App compliant with the latest MAC OS and hardware before the next round of updates.  This was most frustrated and challenging.  Now off to test fly the P4 with the recent update!
2016-4-9
Use props
Mad_Angler1
Captain
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Remember if your craft is on LB will affect 2.4Ghz wifi and cause the craft download to pause, either select 5.8Ghz wifi if you have it or turn the craft and controller off until the download completely then turn back on, alternatively disconnect from co and move closer to router

This is only for the craft download and DO not turn off with the RC update

this is fine to do.

2016-4-9
Use props
alistair.hutchi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1076909 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ptortora@mac.co Posted at 2016-4-9 12:32
Update:  After quite a while trying all of the recommended methods on the forum and from DJI tech  ...

I had exactly the same problems as the OP and (think) I have solved it in the same way, repeatedly hitting the resume button.  This was after the DJI Assistant on OS X failing repeatedly to update the firmware and DJI Assistant on Windows 10 not recognising that the P4 was plugged in and hanging whenever I tried to log in.

I was so excited returning from the store with my P4, and this experience has spoilt it a little bit.  I'm still excited to actually get to use my P4 but DJI definitely lose points for initial setup and use.  I wish they'd spent the time making that better than the packaging!
2016-4-9
Use props
dereksworld
lvl.1

boxerman Posted at 2016-3-25 13:59
This is a saved piece of forum post text that I grabbed before I received my P4.  This procedure w ...

Had the same prob, but this technique worked like a charm! Thanks for sharing Boxerman!
2016-4-9
Use props
pizzagarden
New

United States

After 6 hours of unsuccessful attempts to upload the recent firmware to  my P4 using both  my mac (DJI Assistant 2) and iPhone 6 (DJI Go App) I busted out and dusted off my old windows laptop.  SUCCESS in upgrading firmware in less than 10 minutes!!!
2016-4-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

pizzagarden Posted at 2016-4-10 07:43
After 6 hours of unsuccessful attempts to upload the recent firmware to  my P4 using both  my mac (D ...

I am sorry many of you are experiencing update issues.
Since this update requires both an aircraft and RC update, it's causing some issues.
If you have issues, there are several posts in the forum with tips to get updated.
Please post your screen shots if you are experiencing trouble and I will assist you.
If you are updating through the app and are getting errors chances you updated the RC first and now the aircraft cannot update because you are getting an RC signal lost message.
If that happens, please try to update the aircraft with the assistant software OR you can try to downgrade the RC from the updated 1.6 firmware and put 1.5.8 back on it.
Below are instructions to downgrade the RC back to 1.5.8.

Make sure the aircraft is powered OFF and power up the RC and the app and USB cable connected and have the device connected to WiFi).
Then from the GO app home page there is an icon in the upper right corner (graduation hat), press that icon for about 5 seconds then let go and that should take you to the RC firmware downgrade page. (pictured below)Press the download buttona and that will download and install the 1.5.8 firmware back onto your RC.
Then after that, power cycle the RC and turn on the aircraft an go t the aircraft status page and "Overall Status" it may take several minutes but it will say aircraft requires update. Update the aircraft first, then do the RC and after that hopefully everything will be updates.

Please post your results and if still cannot update then try with the PC.
If you are still unable, at least if you have the RC and aircraft on the same older update you can still fly and update at a later date when things get resolved.
downgradeRC2.png
Downgrade RC1.png
2016-4-9
Use props
nrechtman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1555344 ft

With the help of someone on Phantompilots.com, I finally got mine fixed, here is what I did, if DJI ken would have been a little more explicit, it would have saved us a lot of aggravation, here is what I did, hopefully it helps you all.

Aircraft is powered on with full battery
with your RC connected to your tablet or phone as normal go into the DJI go app and the camera should connect and you still get that RC disconnected message, and still see video being displayed, then go back to the main page and hold down the graduation cap icon in the top right corner for about 5-10 seconds and then let go, the downgrade screen should come up and allow you to hit the downgrade button on the screen and downgrade the RC software back to the earlier version.

Once thats complete you can now connect your computer with the usb-micro-usb cable to the aircraft and bring up the assistant program and choose firmware upgrade (your computer needs to be connected to the internet), it will then download the upgrade file and then when it gets 100% downloaded, it should start to upgrade your aircraft to the latest version,it will then have you reboot the aircraft powering it down and back up again.

After that is done you can go back to the controller and let it connect to your aircraft normally and you should have the update warning showing in the app, you can now download the update with the controller and let it install the RC update, once its complete reboot both controller and aircraft and you should be back in business,
2016-4-9
Use props
tripp3
lvl.1

United States

nrechtman Posted at 2016-4-9 17:22
With the help of someone on Phantompilots.com, I finally got mine fixed, here is what I did, if DJI  ...

I'm so frustrated with this process. I've spent about 6 hours yesterday and today slogging through forum posts and trying everything possible.

I have an Android tablet (Nvidia Shield K1) and a P4. Here's what I've done:

In the DJI GO app, I was getting messages to upgrade firmware. The only option was to download and install the RC's firmware, so I did that. -That led to the problem of having an updated controller that can't talk to the P4. So I followed the instructions above to downgrade the RC's firmware back to 1.58. That did allow me to fly, but then two weird things were happening. 1) I couldn't see the camera imagery on the tablet, and 2) the DJI GO app was misidentifying the P4 as a P3 Pro.

When I got the 1.58 firmware back on the RC, I tried to use the Mac "Assistant 2" app to upgrade the P4's firmware. I could get it downloaded and when it went to install, it got to 5%, then kept saying that installation failed for reason _______ (blank...no reason given). I tried that repeatedly with no results.

This is ridiculous, DJI. You have got to get this issue straightened out before it ruins the P4's reputation. Please suggest clear instructions for solving this.
2016-5-1
Use props
Remco
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56381 ft
Netherlands

Hi, i had the same problem on my imac and macbook aswell.   I fixed it after seeing a firmware update tutorial by Dji.
The problem was that the driver needed to be installed into the kernel.
what i did is exactly what was show in the tutorial.
1. After opening the DMG   drag both the driver as the assistant application to the applications folder.
2. Close the DMG and go to the applications folder and start the driver installation.
3. Reboot your mac.
4. Start the assistent and the upgrade should work fine.

First i thought this driver wasn't nessary because i could communicate with the aircraft.
But it seems you need the driver for the real upgrading process.
2016-5-1
Use props
tripp3
lvl.1

United States

Remco Posted at 2016-5-2 00:02
Hi, i had the same problem on my imac and macbook aswell.   I fixed it after seeing a firmware updat ...

Thanks for the reply.

I have installed the Driver on my Mac, but I still get the same result: it fails as soon as it starts the Upgrade. I'm also getting repeated messages saying "Driver update successfully installed. Reboot..." even though I've rebooted multiple times.

I tried using a Windows PC to do the same thing, and I'm getting the same result there too: as soon as it starts to do the upgrade, it fails. Makes me think there's something wrong at the aircraft end...

Very frustrating. Come one DJI, get your act together.
2016-5-2
Use props
Advocate
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This happened to me with my first Phantom 4.  I got it to eventually install by just constantly resuming the download, it will eventually get there it'll just feel like it takes forever.

I changed my Phantom 4 at the Apple Store today and with this one I am performing the aircraft firmware update BEFORE the handset update and it downloaded the Aircraft firmware in seconds.  DJI really should make it more clear that upgrading the Aircraft firmware before the handset firmware is the correct procedure.

I wish you luck with your upgrade, just keep hitting the "Resume Download" button over and over and over.
2016-5-3
Use props
tripp3
lvl.1

Advocate Posted at 2016-5-3 19:16
This happened to me with my first Phantom 4.  I got it to eventually install by just constantly resu ...

Thanks, but the download isn't the problem for me, it's the installation/upgrade.
2016-5-3
Use props
Advocate
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No matter how many times I tried I couldn't get the DJI Assistant software to upgrade the P4's firmware so I gave up in the end and used my iOS device, but that had the "Download Paused" problem as mentioned above.  I can't say I'm overly impressed with the quality of DJI's desktop software but am hopeful that it will improve as time goes by.
2016-5-4
Use props
dr_sassi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2336 ft
United States

boxerman Posted at 2016-3-25 13:59
This is a saved piece of forum post text that I grabbed before I received my P4.  This procedure w ...

Nice one, saved me a lot of stress, thank you!
2016-5-4
Use props
Justgerald
New

Canada

Same problem here
2016-5-5
Use props
dietero
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Topviewpics Posted at 2016-3-25 06:40
any luck from using the Assistant on a Mac? I get downloaded ok but than it gives me FAILED upgrade  ...

After going through the same pains as all of you, I finally had to resort to using the Windows side of my MBAir. It worked well the very first try.
Now, after all these reports of bad updates one would think that DJI would pick up on that??
2016-5-5
Use props
paulroy41
lvl.1
Flight distance : 139528 ft
New Zealand

boxerman Posted at 2016-3-25 07:16
I feel your pain....  I never got the firmware to install successfully with either of the Assistant  ...

DEAR BOXERMAN , PRAISE THE LORD -0 AFTER 2 HRS GOING IN CIRCLES , YOUR TIP TO CONNECT TO THE DRONE DIRECT VIA MY IPAD WORKED AND I SUCCESSFULLY UPDATED FIRMWARE. MANY,MANY THANKS AS I HAVE A BIG SHOOT COMING UP AND THOUGHT I WAS BUGGERED.
2016-5-7
Use props
BadgerDog
lvl.1
Canada

Remco Posted at 2016-5-2 15:02
Hi, i had the same problem on my imac and macbook aswell.   I fixed it after seeing a firmware updat ...

I assume this ONLY applies if you're running an Android device and the Driver App with the Chinese markings in the filename, shouldn't be installed if one is running an Apple iPad etc?

Regards,
Doug
2016-5-8
Use props
phillbarnes9
Captain
Flight distance : 40367 ft
  • >>>
Spain

mikael@ohlen.nu Posted at 2016-3-24 21:30
Hi, Im trying on an iPad right now. The DJI Go tells me to download the firmware on DJI Go homepag ...

I had the same problem with the download but every time the "Download paused" sign I kept clicking on "Continue Download" and after a few minuets it worked and downloaded in a rush. Keep trying and keep smiling
2016-5-8
Use props
jketterling
New

United States

BROKEN Phantom 4 - thanks to FAILED FirmWare upgrade.    

I now have a $1400 door stop.     Anyone want it ?    I am ready to return it to Apple Store for refund.   

This FIRMWARE update has been an ISSUE for a while - apparently looking at the thread here..   Sure wish I would have IGNORED that FIRMWARE upgrade prompt..   Now I no longer have a  working DRONE.       By the way - DJI Software DEVS please go research TCP/IP routing..    I did a TCP DUMP of your DJI Assistant Software as it runs.   This software is full of TCP issues..    First off it opens PORT 21 repeatedly with SYN SYN Ack packets over and over and over  to a NON- accessible PRIVATE IP address...   This software is attempting to communicate to  192.168.42.2 ...    See the following TCP DUMP output..   (this is a half complete session setup with no PUSH of data.. )   What are you guys doing here... !!   A bug like this should not be present in your code..

00:47:41.423262 IP 172.16.42.24.50873 > 192.168.42.2.21: Flags [S], seq 574053738, win 65535, options [mss 1460,nop,wscale 5,nop,nop,TS val 253516914 ecr 0,sackOK,eol], length 0
00:47:41.546458 IP 192.168.42.2.21 > 172.16.42.24.50872: Flags [.], ack 2, win 4197, options [nop,nop,TS val 7 ecr 253516914], length 0
00:47:41.546516 IP 172.16.42.24.50872 > 192.168.42.2.21: Flags [.], ack 1, win 4117, options [nop,nop,TS val 253517037 ecr 7], length 0
00:47:41.546625 IP 192.168.42.2.21 > 172.16.42.24.50873: Flags [S.], seq 3536840369, ack 574053739, win 32768, options [mss 1460,nop,wscale 3,nop,nop,TS val 1 ecr 253516914,sackOK,nop,nop], length 0
00:47:41.546666 IP 172.16.42.24.50873 > 192.168.42.2.21: Flags [.], ack 1, win 4117, options [nop,nop,TS val 253517037 ecr 1], length 0
00:47:44.423329 IP 172.16.42.24.50873 > 192.168.42.2.21: Flags [F.], seq 1, ack 1, win 4117, options [nop,nop,TS val 253519911 ecr 1], length 0
00:47:44.423482 IP 172.16.42.24.50874 > 192.168.42.2.21: Flags [S], seq 3740151262, win 65535, options [mss 1460,nop,wscale 5,nop,nop,TS val 253519911 ecr 0,sackOK,eol], length 0
00:47:44.507904 IP 192.168.42.2.21 > 172.16.42.24.50873: Flags [.], ack 2, win 4197, options [nop,nop,TS val 7 ecr 253519911], length 0
00:47:44.508066 IP 172.16.42.24.50873 > 192.168.42.2.21: Flags [.], ack 1, win 4117, options [nop,nop,TS val 253519995 ecr 7], length 0
00:47:44.516104 IP 192.168.42.2.21 > 172.16.42.24.50874: Flags [S.], seq 3661154112, ack 3740151263, win 32768, options [mss 1460,nop,wscale 3,nop,nop,TS val 1 ecr 253519911,sackOK,nop,nop], length 0
00:47:44.516175 IP 172.16.42.24.50874 > 192.168.42.2.21: Flags [.], ack 1, win 4117, options [nop,nop,TS val 253520003 ecr 1], length 0
00:47:47.422854 IP 172.16.42.24.50874 > 192.168.42.2.21: Flags [F.], seq 1, ack 1, win 4117, options [nop,nop,TS val 253522905 ecr 1], length 0

NOTE:   192.168.0.0/16 networks are NON-routed IP addresses.   So where are you attempting to communicate ???   

Anyway --   I have tried just about everything under the sun.   I have waited patently for up to an hour watching the screen as it "slowly downloads.."    I see it stuck at ZERO for like 10 minutes then it finally gets going 1%, 2% ....   Stall stall stall stall   10% 11%   .....    (I have tried this on multiple Internet circuits)    I have seen this get to 100% download many many many times only then to come up with an ERROR message ...   

Seriously ...    This is unacceptable.    (nice product when it works,  but a bug like this --   WHERE IS THE SUPPORT to fix my DRONE ?  )        Is there  a master RESET that will allow me blow away the image and start over ?    The device is completely GROUNDED and unable to connect to the updated RC controller...   

GUYS -- if you have a Phantom 4 --   Leave it's firmware at the Factory installed version -  or you may suffer what we all have gone through.   Many have finally gotten this to work --  I however have lost my patience.    I shouldn't be down to the TCPDUMP level debugging communications software for DJI.  

2016-5-15
Use props
jketterling
New

United States

paulroy41 Posted at 2016-5-7 18:53
DEAR BOXERMAN , PRAISE THE LORD -0 AFTER 2 HRS GOING IN CIRCLES , YOUR TIP TO CONNECT TO THE DRONE ...

I assume you have a special Lightening to small USB cable?     The iPad uses that small lightening cable and the drone uses that even smaller micro USB port.  I didn't receive a cable from DJI that will connect an iPAD directly to the drone.   What they sent me was a standard FAT USB to Micro USB cable.    That cable works from PC to Drone -  not iPad to Drone --   SO PLEASE EXPLAIN your setup..   
2016-5-15
Use props
jketterling
New

United States

BadgerDog Posted at 2016-5-8 12:10
I assume this ONLY applies if you're running an Android device and the Driver App with the Chinese ...

I have the same darn question -- any answers ???
2016-5-15
Use props
projeffrey11
lvl.3

United States

I have the same issue on my 12th P4 and to top it off the DJI  assistant software doesn't really work as it should I don't understand what the hell is wrong the other P4s didn't have this issue? When I try my  Android phone or my iPad neither one works as you Describe a message  notifies me of a software update but it won't download it just keeps looping. I'm so past done with the issues.
2016-5-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules