India

same problem
2016-7-7
Use props
matt_goddard
lvl.1
Flight distance : 461004 ft
United Kingdom

i am having the same issues with the update for the P4.  I am using a PC and Android phone/tablet.  My P4 is on firmware 01.02.0503 and the RC is on 1.6.0.   The DJI app does not report any new firmware saying that the firmware is up-to-date.  However, when I connect to the PC and use the DJI Assistant 2 says there is an update.  However, every time I try and update it downloads ok, but loses connection at around 45% and again at about 53% and then files at 61% (I cannot recall the exact percentages).  I have now tried this for five times with same problem each time.  I can try on a different PC but I suspect have the same problem.

I am getting, since this update the P4 is currently on, occasional reports of weak transmission signals and I get interference and green and purple lockouts on the screen when I press the camera button during flight.  The screen after the picture has been taken normally goes back to normal but this was not doing it before the unit updated to this current firmware.  Having said that, I've only had the unit a few days so my experience with this P4 is very limited.

Is this update essential for me to install?  Also does it seem to sort out the problems with the interference and the weak signal?

Many thanks everybody.
2016-7-24
Use props
matt_goddard
lvl.1
Flight distance : 461004 ft
United Kingdom

I have just noticed that my current version on the P4 is V01.02.0503- but the upgrade button on the DJI Assistant 2 can be pressed?  It is normal behaviour?  No wonder I keep getting errors when I try and upgrade because it seems I am on the latest firmware?  Has anybody else found this?

Many thanks.
2016-7-24
Use props
Rutger
lvl.2
Portugal

Maybe I'm lucky, but no problems with the update over here.

First downloaded the latest APP at google play store.
Update with DJI-Assistant to V01.02.0503.
RC was already at 1.6

Did everything without any problem.
2016-7-24
Use props
Andrey9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 515814 ft
Thailand

With DJI Go App – DOWNLOAD IS PAUSED and never continues - same problem here...

Trying with DJI Assistant 2 at my Mac – 30% downloaded and stopped ... had to switch off drone after 30 minutes...
2016-7-31
Use props
dennisrodenburg
New

Netherlands

i may know why it doesn't work....you need all official cables... and the rc connected...i first used a cable that i bought in a super market, and that didn't work.. then i used all my official cables that i got with the ipad and the bird and now it works...for my then
2016-8-4
Use props
medleyr3
New
Flight distance : 56266 ft

make sure you are logged in. in the dji go app.
2016-8-13
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

projeffrey11 Posted at 2016-5-16 09:45
I have the same issue on my 12th P4 and to top it off the DJI  assistant software doesn't really wor ...

Have you tried DJI Assistant on a windows PC (with internet connection), that seems to be the most stable way of doing things.
2016-8-13
Use props
testpig
New
United States

I have figured it out. And it's very stupid.

First you get the notice about the upgrade (on your mobile device), and it says visit the DJI site to download. which is BS.

1.Login to DJI from your mobile device DJI GO software. (top most left corner)
2.It will allow you to download the firmware now.
3.Plug the Phantom 4 directly to your mobile device. And click the upgrade button.
4.Wait.

done. They need to have some clear information on all this junk somewhere. And also why the heck can't the controller act as a mideator between the drone and mobile device.
2016-8-23
Use props
darryljackman
lvl.2
Canada

Don't know if this would help anyone, for me both Go app and Assistant would not do update, tried maybe 20+ times total between both.

- Went under Assistant (I was on Mac), chose "Reset to Factory", this completed quickly.
- Rebooted everything (for good measure).
- Update then worked using Go app, adapter, in to the actual Drone (not controller like I did the first few times like an idiot lol)
2016-9-3
Use props
ltkak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 354669 ft

I am having the same problem.  Cannot get my iPhone6 to connect to the P4.  Had no problem with initial setup back in May, but now cannot get it to work.  Have tried Windows Assistant and DJI Assistant on iPhone.  Tried everything on here as well.  At my wits end! Any help would be appreciated. LTK
2016-9-17
Use props
greinke
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68074 ft
  • >>>
United States

Also feel your pain and frustration. After trying all the solutions recommended by DJI and still the failure to update, I returned it.  Only had it for a few days and never flew.  The second P4 updated successfully on the first attempt with Assistant
2016-9-21
Use props
msiekkinen
New

United States

jketterling@mac Posted at 2016-5-16 00:55
BROKEN Phantom 4 - thanks to FAILED FirmWare upgrade.     

I now have a $1400 door stop.     Anyone ...
Solution

Thanks for you post, after reading it was trying to talk to 192.x I got the crazy notion maybe they did something stupid like if you have that on a net IF try to talk to some kind of local dev IP address.  Sure enough I turned off wifi to download over cell network on my phone and it started downloading via the DJI Go app.

I had to have the RC controller on though, after first attempt I realized it was on, then turned it off thinking it was just wasting battery.  Then the update stopped saying the drone had "disconnected"
2016-10-22
Use props
jprothery
New

Ireland

Topviewpics Posted at 2016-3-24 16:21
Ok, I got it to work.

Initially I was trying to use my PC (Mac and WIn) to upgrade the quad, it did not work after 3 trials and lots of frustration.

Yes my network wifi connection kept dropping when ever I connected to laptop/tab/phone and would either be no update available or upgrade failed
2017-1-7
Use props
fans74718600
New

United States

Topviewpics Posted at 2016-3-24 16:21
Ok, I got it to work.

Initially I was trying to use my PC (Mac and WIn) to upgrade the quad, it did not work after 3 trials and lots of frustration.

Dude can you link me to that dongle cable? This doesnt look like a micro USB it looks like a standard USB.
2017-1-26
Use props
KensPhantom4
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Im having the same problem, checked the online help advice pages most of was in chinese, not much help. Contacted DJI they asked if I used DJI go app and DJI astistant, both failed to update my firmware on the phantom. The controller was no problem worked first time. The Phantom worked first time too after a bought it, but this is the second firmware update and now I can't update the drone or fly. Very fustrated!!!!
2017-1-26
Use props
fans1c25f923
lvl.1

Romania

I have the same problem with the phantom 4 and macbookPro.
I try with my phone samsung s7 and with this ist work.
I think is is a problem compatible mac and phantom 4.

Have a nice fly.
2017-4-13
Use props
HClose
New

New Zealand

I had this exact same issue, every time I tried to update from my iPad it would keep pausing and the percentage would never move from 0%
I tried as well on a Samsung phone, but the same issue.
However I thought I’d try a different approach. I switched off my wifi on my phone and turned on mobile data.
As soon as I did that, the download started and got to 100% in under 30 seconds. It’s now uploading it to the A/C as we speak

As a side note my wifi is in perfect working order, working on all my devices at full speed and no issues, so I’m not sure what would have stopped it downloading.

So if you have some mobile data to spare I recommend trying this out.
2018-5-27
Use props
dposea\
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18419 ft
United States

The update obviously uses a USB OTG ethernet rndis connection, so you need an OTG adapter. However, it also looks like the first connection to a PC is usb serial, so it must switch at some point.
2018-5-28
Use props
djiuser_1NgRl5nsKUH8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10538 ft
South Africa

I keep getting Continue Downloading......very frustrating
2018-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules