A2
5508 11 2016-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Octo
lvl.2

United States

I'm not running a DJI platform (inspire, phantom), however I do have an A2 with a Mark ii iSOD. I have been trying to get GPS coordinate data from the flight log. I use the Data viewer and the data for Lat. and Long. are flat lines at the top and bottom of the display. I try the GPS exporter and end up with a message of No GPS Data.
2016-3-25
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

It is normal, to be able to get the GPS data you have to have the Ground station.
2016-3-25
Use props
Octo
lvl.2

United States

I have installed the drivers, cabled from the Mark ii to the A2 using the CAN2 and still no handshake. I don't understand what I need to do. The CAN2 is the port for the PMU. Am I supposed to leave the PMU unplugged? I don't understand why I need the ground station. The GPS position I'm getting through the data viewer is correct. I'm just looking for a way to export the data into a excel file. The GPS exporter in the data viewer states there is no GPS data! I can pull the data in the data viewer, run some longhand calculations and I'm getting the correct Lat and Long. The data is there.
2016-3-25
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

Octo Posted at 2016-3-26 02:40
I have installed the drivers, cabled from the Mark ii to the A2 using the CAN2 and still no handshak ...

not only do you need the groundstation, but you need to be using the photogrammetry tool as well.  I know its stupid but that is how DJI setup.   Part of one the few badly developed apps they have created.   
2016-3-29
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Octo Posted at 2016-3-26 14:40
I have installed the drivers, cabled from the Mark ii to the A2 using the CAN2 and still no handshak ...

Hello!
Hope below information may help you.

A2 Port Description.png
A2 Hardware onnection Diagram.png
2016-3-30
Use props
Octo
lvl.2

United States

Thanks, I have the A2, Mark II, and the data link to a lap top. The gimbal is tarot 2d. What I would like to do is be able to export the GPS log data. I would like to fly via my RC controller for now. At this time I am not interested in flying through the ground station software. However, I understand the ground station software is needed to be activated in order to convert the GPS log data. I need to know how to do this through the ground station with out flying using the software. The video's I have found only explain how to set up a photogrammetry mission and let the ground station fly the drone. Again, I do not wish to do this. I would like to use my controller. No Way points. My understanding is not clear about the F1 set up as well.
2016-4-30
Use props
Octo
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-30 04:05
Hello!

Thanks, I have the A2, Mark II, and the data link to a lap top. The gimbal is tarot 2d. What I would like to do is be able to export the GPS log data. I would like to fly via my RC controller for now. At this time I am not interested in flying through the ground station software. However, I understand the ground station software is needed to be activated in order to convert the GPS log data. I need to know how to do this through the ground station with out flying using the software. The video's I have found only explain how to set up a photogrammetry mission and let the ground station fly the drone. Again, I do not wish to do this. I would like to use my controller. No Way points. My understanding is not clear about the F1 set up as well.
2016-5-23
Use props
Octo
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-30 04:05
Hello!

2016-5-23
Use props
Octo
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-25 06:23
It is normal, to be able to get the GPS data you have to have the Ground station.

2016-5-23
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Octo Posted at 2016-5-24 12:34
Thanks, I have the A2, Mark II, and the data link to a lap top. The gimbal is tarot 2d. What I wou ...

Hello.
The F1 port is used to control the landing gear.
With the Ground Station, it can only save the GPS data of photogrammetry mission.

Thanks.
2016-5-25
Use props
Octo
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-25 07:15
Hello.
The F1 port is used to control the landing gear.
With the Ground Station, it can only save ...

My landing gear is working fine. Thanks for the insight of that. However,  my concern is how to properly start a photogrammetry mission as well as gathering the data after the mission is done.
2016-6-4
Use props
NUNYA812
lvl.2

United States

I need to map my tarot 2d brushless motor gimbal to my A2 using the assistant. I'm not remembering from the first time I set everything up there being two gimbal tabs in the assistant. I need to know what settings I need to set in the assistant on the gimbal tab and the gimbal settings tab.
2018-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules