RealFLight Drone Simulator
17366 33 2016-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thumb
lvl.4
United States

I was just wondering if anyone here has the Real Flight Drone Simulator and if so, how do you like it? I have the regular airplane/jet simulator and like it a lot. I'm just trying to find something that's better than the simulator that comes with my P3A. At least for me it's way too small and really not anything like flying a real one. No obstacles and if you go just a little ways out, it's gone out of site.  

2016-3-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Hi @thumb, I am still using RealFlight 6.5 the helicopter version, with all the free upgrades and am strongly considering the Drone specific package.
There are certainly enough different varied multi rotor models, to keep you interested and excited, for a very long time to come.

That set would Definately be a great investment for most any experienced pilots and all rank new RC pilots alike.
For serious prospective collective pitch helicopter owners, a flight SIM is a must have proponent to help in successfully learning to fly safe and with confidence in your Tx skills.

If you do hook it up, I for one, would be pleased to hear your honest personal evaluation and recommendation.
I already know they make fine products, and have watched a few of the pleasing "RealFlight Drone Edition" videos, shared on YouTube.
Watch some. Video and see what you think.

RedHotPoker

2016-3-25
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

Looks much better, I'll look into it. I forget what version of the RealFlight I have but I do know it had some Heli stuff in it. I've had mine for about 8 years so I'm sure there are newer versions. Maybe there would be an add-on for the version i have for drones but then I now have Windows 10 so it probably won't even install!  Thanks
2016-3-25
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

Well, I ordered the RealFlight 7.5 version which is not the Drone version but it has all the drones in it but 2 that the Drone version has. The reason is because I already have the RC controllers so all I need to do is update mine to 7.5 and I'm good to go and it will only cost me $45 instead of the $130 for the Drone version. Should have it by next Tuesday so I'll let you all know how it is. Looking at some Youtube videos I already know it will be 5x's better than the DJI simulator.
2016-3-25
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

Got 7.5 today and what a rush! So much better and control plus you can set the view to almost any way you want. I still haven't figured out how to use the camera yet but best is that I can go into sport mode and do all kinds of crazy stunts and if I crash, I hit reset! A lot cheaper than flying the real one.
2016-3-28
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

I wonder if there is a way,  or maybe if some programmer has already,  porteds the Phantom flight characteristics into Flight Simulator X.  Now THAT would be cool.
2016-3-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

If that is true about RF 7.5. Thank you. Saved me a cool $100. I will look into it at our local Great Hobbies ...
Good find. Hahaha, it must have just been recently released?
Is the Heli-Max Voltage 500 listed? It's included in the RF Drone setup.

RedHotPoker
2016-3-28
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-3-28 18:49
I wonder if there is a way,  or maybe if some programmer has already,  porteds the Phantom flight ch ...

I'm pretty sure that you can modify a drone that is already in the program too look and fly like the Phantom but not positive. There is one drone that looks pretty darn close already though which has a regular and sport mode option. I'm posting a short video of me flying it.
2016-3-29
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

@RedHotPoker

Yes, it'll save you some money if you already have G4 or later Realflight. Here's a short video of me flying one using the RC field I use to fly at. Nothing special, just for you to see what it looks like.

2016-3-29
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

That looks awesome!
2016-3-29
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

Yes, it also has different views like nose view, camera view, follow/chase view from behind plus at least 50 different fields to fly from.
2016-3-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

thumb Posted at 2016-3-29 07:40
@RedHotPoker

Yes, it'll save you some money if you already have G4 or later Realflight. Here's a sh ...

@thumb, I don't know why I never saw your last post or video but didn't until now. If I had, I would have responded before today.  I am going fo buy the RealFlight 7.5 tomorrow, and so I hope it has all the models that you mentioned.  I would be smiling if my Heli-Max Voltage 500 is included in this software package. ;-)

Thanks again for the heads up.

RedHotPoker
2016-4-12
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-4-12 17:18
@thumb, I don't know why I never saw your last post or video but didn't until now. If I had, I wou ...

I'm not sure if it has the Heli-Max but I know you'll like it anyways. I was told that the RealFlight Drone software only has a couple more drones so it was cheaper for me just to buy the 7.5 version upgrade rather than a whole version with the RC unit.

Let me know how you like it.   
2016-4-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I certainly Will do. Thanks again for this awesome heads up. I really appreciate your sharing..

RedHotPoker
2016-4-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

@thumb, Formerly I was interested in buying a copy of RF7.5 until I got confirmation which models were not included.
Reply follows:
Thank you for your interest in RealFlight.

We are sorry, but the RealFlight Drone version is only sold with the Interlink Elite Controller (http://www.realflight.com/drone/index.html).

If you would like to upgrade from RealFlight 6.5 to a version that has more drones, I can recommend the RealFlight 7.5 Upgrade (http://www.realflight.com/products/gpmz4528.html). Please be aware RealFlight Drone was derived from RealFlight 7.5. All the drones in RealFlight Drone also appear in RealFlight 7.5, except for the following four:

Heli-Max FORM 500 *not in RF7.5
Heli-Max Voltage 500 3D *not in RF7.5
Hubsan X4 Pro *not in RF7.5
Tempest 250 *not in RF7.5

Being armed with the info I needed to proceed, I am going to bite the bullet and buy RF Drone SIM, today...
Sucks to have to buy the full version with the Interlink Elite Controller, as I already have that from RF 6.5. Sheesh.
Though I need the Heli-Max Voltage 500 3D, so eh, this should be a gas... Hahaha
Not having the Voltage 500 3D, would have been a loss. But, fortunately for you, don't know what you're missing... Hahaha

RedHotPoker

2016-7-4
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-7-4 13:47
@thumb, Formerly I was interested in buying a copy of RF7.5 until I got confirmation which models we ...

I may buy the Drone version someday but for now what the upgrade has is enough for me to practice with. I'm hoping that maybe they will come out with some add-ons for 7.5 that will have more drones. I know they do that with regular aircraft. Maybe you can get lucky and sell the extra controller.
2016-7-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I will keep the second controller as I can pick to use either One now, from the software.
When I did the "firmware" upgrade, I got three more awesome drones.
And the Curtis Youngblood  Stingray 500 is available to add to your current lineup, if you want to try a collective pitch drone..
Instructions are in the helifreak thread.  

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=585011
http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=19159

Enjoy. Hahaha like you wouldn't? ;-)

RedHotPoker

2016-7-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

@thumb, how is it going, are you enjoying RF 7.5?
RealFlight Drone has been a lot of fun, very entertaining, and quite helpful to me.
The challenges are also a great way to become quite familiar with the RC sticks, while in a hurry. That timer!! Haha
Wondering what's been your most enjoyable part of the SIM? Try any group flights yet?

RedHotPoker
2016-7-30
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

I've been so busy doing the house and shop remodeling plus yard cleanup I haven't had a chance to fly it much but I will. I haven't tried group flying yet. Back before the Drone stuff came out I did try it with airplanes but it was horrible, maybe the server they had it on was too slow or something but it was real jumpy and you would lose connection all the time. Have you tried it yet?  
2016-8-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

You disappeared for a while... Eh, well congrats on the house... Taking care of priorities...
So no joy group flying? Probably Not the server fault, but most very likely your 'puter... Hahaha
Yeah, more into solo journeys here. But when I replace my mic/headset, perhaps...

Did you download the Curtis Youngblood collective pitch Stingray drone? It's fun to fly, for something completely different.
Anyway, I hope that you are enjoying the SIM.

RedHotPoker
2016-8-4
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

Yes, all the house stuff plus it's been in the high 90's low 100's for the past month now and breezy so I'm not even thinking about flying my P3A. Not my 'puter for sure, it's a gaming computer I had built just for that reason and I've got the Charter 60mbps connection. No, I'll have to DL that one. Is it on the Real Flight site?

OK, just DL'd it and how the heck do you fly it? Gonna have to learn again!
2016-8-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

@thumb,
Practice makes perfect...

I'm Not getting the forum thread reminders?

RedHotPoker
2016-8-20
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-8-20 12:12
@thumb,
Practice makes perfect...

I never have gotten the reminders since I joined.
2016-8-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

thumb Posted at 2016-8-23 07:01
I never have gotten the reminders since I joined.

@thumb, what about now? Did you get a reminder for this entry? How's RF 7.5 treating you?
Have you figured out the collective pitch, Curtis Youngblood Stingray drone yet?  It's a very different beast, than all the rest.
I am loving practicing the awesome Heli-Max Voltage 500 3D, on www.RealFlight.com/Drone...
Another dreary wet, miserable raining, 'mugger' here today, so it's a fantastic RealFlight afternoon... Sweetness!!

Don't let your meat loaf... Hahaha

RedHotPoker

2016-8-23
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

I haven't had a chance to fly in the last 3 weeks, either outside with the Phantom or inside with the simulator. Been down in California with my mother who had a hip replacement. It's also been in the triple digits here almost constantly for the last 2 months, way too hot to fly for me. When it does cool down in the evening then the winds pick up....Grrrrrr.

Oh, no notifications at all.
2016-8-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

@thumb,
Yeah, hopefully the weather will cool down some soon,  and you get to fly your Phantom ...
Today is rather awesome here, so I plan to get out and enjoy some time aloft.

RedHotPoker
2016-8-24
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

Hopefully I can fly it, I have so many other hobbies that time is very short. Since I just got back into shooting guns, just about the time the politicians decided we shouldn't have them at all I've been spending a lot of time shooting, reloading, and building AR-15's that I have no time for anything else. Now if I could just mount my machine gun on my Phantom I could do both at the same time! {:4_181:}
2016-8-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

It's good to have several hobbies, passions, so no-one, ever gets boring or with lost interest.
Sometimes one might frustrate me, so I go to one of the others awhile. ;-)
Photography, Is always exciting and new, as there are continuously many fresh interesting subjects to view through the lens.

RedHotPoker
2016-8-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

thumb Posted at 2016-8-24 12:39
Hopefully I can fly it, I have so many other hobbies that time is very short. Since I just got back  ...

So Real Flight X has been released!!  The updated models & graphics look amazing!!

Too bad you need to buy the new radio to utilize the extra channels and sliders.

RedHotPoker
2016-10-16
Use props
Spiderpig
lvl.2

United States

So I have the real flight drone app wth the controller (had it for RF7.5...just got the drone app).  So how is the flight characteristics vs real DJI models?  I'm waiting for the Mavic and would like to practice some drone flying.  Which drone would fly and behave closest to the MAvic form the drones available in the sim?
2016-11-14
Use props
fans69a1db85
lvl.1
Canada

I have the RealFlight Drone and I made the mistake of buying the whole package, (controller as well) when I didn't need it.  Also, It really is a bit useless as all you can do is fly it around.  The camera on the thing is non existant really and doesn't function.  T be honest, I wish I'd just stayed with my RealFlight 7.5 and used the Quad Copters that I have in that one as it's really not much different at all.
2017-2-27
Use props
fans69a1db85
lvl.1
Canada

I have the RealFlight Drone Edition and I made the mistake of buying the whole package, (controller as well) when I didn't need it because I have RealFlight 7.5 that already has the controller. Also, It really is a bit useless as all you can do is fly it around.  The camera on the thing doesn't function and it really isn't at all like flying a real Phantom 4 Pro or any of the Phantom series of Quad Copters.

Save your money folks, I wish I hadn't bought this one. It's useless.
2017-2-27
Use props
Hoomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231394 ft
United States

I have RealFlight 7.5, and find the drones included are pretty good. The controls are not exactly like the Phantom 3 controls, but I found that, if you can confidently control a drone in RF 7.5, the Phantom is a piece of cake.
2017-2-27
Use props
fans69a1db85
lvl.1
Canada

I have it and wish I'd never bought it.  The Drones in the standard RealFlight Simulator are better.  Don't buy it is my opinion unless you want to buy mine at a discount.
2017-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules