Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
SD card write protected
8691 11 2016-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stussyredhat
lvl.1

United States

Well I am stumped on this one the 16GB SD card that came with the Phantom now mysterialy says it is write protected. I have not changed any settings, today when I started the Phantom it said SD card error. So I formated the card and it said it was successful. I took off and clicked record and it said the card was write protected. I put in a brand new card and . I put the card in a reader and tried to format the card and it says it is write protected, I put another card in the same reader and it formats fine. I think the brand new card is defective. Has anyone else had any of these issues?
2016-3-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

That's an interesting one, as there is no write protection switch on a Micro SD card. My adapter has a write protection switch though, you might check it is not switched over on your adapter.
2016-3-25
Use props
stussyredhat
lvl.1

United States

I checked that. This happened without me even removing the card from the craft.
2016-3-25
Use props
jag01usn
lvl.4
United States

Try not using a card reader. Either format the sd card in the Phantom or PC.
2016-3-25
Use props
stussyredhat
lvl.1

United States

I tried multiple card readers and no luck. I even tried a new card and formatted in the reader just fine. I assume the card is bad altogether. I had a heck of a time with the firmware upgrade,  I was able to get the firmware upgrade to go after many failed attempts. I refreshed the firmware with the new card with no issues so I am wondering if there is a bad batch of SD cards. I contacted support through chat and they said that they would not replace the card. I see this a very poor customer service, I know they basically gave you a free card but if the card is causing all the issues with firmware upgrades maybe they should be doing something about it.
2016-3-28
Use props
Bennyboy1983
lvl.4
Flight distance : 141089 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've had this happen in my p3, nothing worked until one day I fixed it!.... Snapped it in half and binned it. Ha
2016-3-28
Use props
PeterQR
New
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-25 15:02
That's an interesting one, as there is no write protection switch on a Micro SD card. My adapter has a write protection switch though, you might check it is not switched over on your adapter.

I was totally baffled by the same problem, then you said write protection could be on the sd card adapter, I checked, switched it off, success, thank you!!!!!
2017-5-1
Use props
Robzta
lvl.1
Australia

The same thing just happened to me, I plugged my SD card to my laptop using a USB adapter & I kept getting the message "this disk is write protected", It started all of the sudden & I did not change any settings on the SD card or on my P3A, I then connected the phantom's SD card to my laptop through the gimbal USB & now there is no write protection on the card, I think my USB adapter is faulty, I will have to replace it.
2019-2-19
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Russia

I know its not solution to above problem - but sd cards can be a real pain along with sockets at times.

The Lenovo I am typing on now - if I put the card into a larger sd card and then into the sd card slot - it will read and copy - but refuses to let me delete, write or format as it says card is Protected. I've tried all the properties and setups for that card slot - but it refuses to unlock. If I put the micro SD card into a USB based reader - then its fine.

Put same card into large SD card and into my Acer next to the Lenovo and all is fine.

Even guys I've shown it to are baffled why my Lenovo refuses ...
2019-2-19
Use props
Robzta
lvl.1
Australia

solentlife Posted at 2-19 06:39
I know its not solution to above problem - but sd cards can be a real pain along with sockets at times.

The Lenovo I am typing on now - if I put the card into a larger sd card and then into the sd card slot - it will read and copy - but refuses to let me delete, write or format as it says card is Protected. I've tried all the properties and setups for that card slot - but it refuses to unlock. If I put the micro SD card into a USB based reader - then its fine.

Maybe it's Lenovo, I also have a Lenovo laptop & I had the same issue happen to me, I have a V110-15ISK Lenovo laptop.
2019-5-11
Use props
CoreyB10
Captain
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jag01usn Posted at 2016-3-25 15:55
Try not using a card reader. Either format the sd card in the Phantom or PC.

Full format in the PC is better. Don’t forget you will need to do a full firmware update as the card will be empty. Hope it works or just get a new card.
2019-5-12
Use props
djiuser_xNzaAd9sVjfo
lvl.1

India

When your card display error message ‘SD card is write protected’ while writing a new picture to the SD card then you need to simply disable write protection using ‘gpedit’. This is the best trick that you can ever try to remove memory card protected error. For this, you need to follow the below instructions:
•        Firstly, go to the Start > Run command
•        Then, type gpedit.msc and hit Enter
•        Now, go to the Computer Configuration > Administrative Template > Removable Storage Access.
•        Next, disable the option “Removable Disks: Deny All Access”.
•        Make sure that you select Disabled or Not Configured to Enable Write Protection and then click OK.
•        Next, if you want Disable Write Protection then select Enabled and then click OK option.
•        Just close everything and restart your PC.

If you want to know more then visit: http://www.rescuedigitalmedia.co ... ected-error-message

2020-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules