Range the same for FCC and CE ?
874 2 2016-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kjmarsola
lvl.3
United States

Maybe this was covered before, but without the luxury of a search function, I haven't seen any conversation on this topic. It seems most who report less range are in areas that use the FCC controllers, I haven't seen many CE users complaining about reduced range, compared to their previous CE,  P3P or P3A phantoms.

DJI Specs show:

Transmitter Power  (EIRP)   
                                             FCC: 23 dBm
                                             CE:  17 dBm
IS it possible that the FCC and CE controllers are the outputing the same  dBM which would decrease the range in FCC areas, and not affect range in CE versions.
2016-3-25
Use props
frank
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36683 ft
Norway

I asked this question in the thread of that loud guy whining about everything also but it's hard to get heard among that company. I have no issues with my CE version and the few people that complain (but are very loud about it) are FCC flyers. As I understand it will select FCC/CE automatically so it could be some sort of bug there. Is this a parameter that can be logged by DJI in some sort of debug mode of the drone with higher logging ability? Should not be a problem to log that parameter I guess but only dji has the power to make it show in the log files
2016-3-25
Use props
wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have wondered the same.....  I only have the P3 Standard and I'm in the UK, so it should be on the reduced CE output, yet I've managed well over 1,000 metres or over 3,000 feet distance a few times, which isn't bad for a Standard.  That seems a further distance than many Standard users in the US have reported, and it's easily far enough for me...
Ian
2016-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules