Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
BNUC-S Course 747/Inspire1 license
5687 37 2015-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AshInspire1
lvl.4

United Kingdom

So I've been reading up quite a lot on this etc. but what is peoples overall opinion. Best to have this or hope it doesn't ditch onto some one or what ever you may be filming at the time. Seems quite intense just to film buildings (not in major cities of course), fields, lakes etc Not really looking at becoming a 747 pilot and not to be out of pocket what I think is £700

Also has anybody had any insurance quotes yet if they are looking at that aswell. This I wouldn't mind getting. But then it's CAA, how many hours you done jeez...... UK by the way

Thanks in advance

2015-1-11
Use props
SPUDMAN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 735902 ft
Australia

GOT A QUOTE TODAY HEAR IN SYDNEY AUSTRALIA $700 FOR THE DRONE $900 PUBLIC LIABILTY
2015-1-11
Use props
tim
lvl.1
Flight distance : 328684 ft
United Kingdom

I start the course tomorrow. If you plan to do commercial work in the UK you will need to do it. Its a completely different course to what a pilot would do, it is for unmanned vehicles only - BNUC-S (Basic National Unmanned Aircraft Systems Certificate)

By the time you have done ground school, ops manual, flight test and application you are looking at nearly £1500 for full certification.
2015-1-12
Use props
JerryLaurence
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21988 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Tim,

I'm planning to do the course in March. Just wondering if you're getting an Inspire 1 and what you've found out about CAA permissions and Insurance for this UAV?

Jerry
2015-1-12
Use props
AshInspire1
lvl.4

United Kingdom

tim@digitaltria Posted at 2015-1-12 20:04
I start the course tomorrow. If you plan to do commercial work in the UK you will need to do it. Its ...

Ahh no problem Tim, good luck with your course. Keep me posted how it goes, who are you doing it through. Been as its my first drone I'm still unclear of the steps to take really
2015-1-12
Use props
AshInspire1
lvl.4

United Kingdom

JerryLaurence Posted at 2015-1-12 20:31
Hi Tim,

I'm planning to do the course in March. Just wondering if you're getting an Inspire 1 and w ...

How much and where are you taking the course Jerry.
2015-1-12
Use props
david.spencer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7192 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have done my BNUC-S and its a must if you plan to make any money from the hobby. Insurance is £650 per year and the BNUC-S works out just short of £2000 when its finished. I have finished my ops manual but im waiting for my Inspire to arrive before doing the flight test as I did not want to pay to do the test with the phantom then another £450 to do the same with the Inspire. Just had email confirmation that its being posted this week
2015-1-12
Use props
AshInspire1
lvl.4

United Kingdom

david.spencer@b Posted at 2015-1-12 21:44
I have done my BNUC-S and its a must if you plan to make any money from the hobby. Insurance is £65 ...

Thanks David for that, what about if its just for private use which it is really, just a hobby like most things. Other question is can you insure these lovely machines without having a BNUC-S etc
2015-1-12
Use props
JerryLaurence
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for the info, David. So you can't take a flight test with your Phantom and Inspire at the same exam, for the same cost?
2015-1-12
Use props
david.spencer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You dont need it for private use as long as you read up on the rules and follow them. As for insurance I beleive you can join the british model flying association and there membership will give you insurance but this will only cover you flying in remote placea away from the public. You can not get public liability or proper insurance so to speak unleas you have completed BNUC-S
2015-1-12
Use props
lethbrp
Second Officer
United Kingdom

david.spencer@b Posted at 2015-1-12 21:44
I have done my BNUC-S and its a must if you plan to make any money from the hobby. Insurance is £65 ...

I think its a real con to charge you for each type of craft.
2015-1-12
Use props
david.spencer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Your not kidding but it has to be done, just need to make sure business makes enough cash to cover it
2015-1-12
Use props
lrwskyfilms
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Hi, I passed the RPQ-s course with Resource Group, highly recommended, though £1600, £2k once finished including CAA fees. Insurance with Drone cover £750  or Willis £1200, depends on needs and excesses.
2015-1-12
Use props
david.spencer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My £650 quote was with John Heath insurance
2015-1-12
Use props
AshInspire1
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I've joined the  BMFA and see how that goes as I'm not using it for paid aerial work etc
2015-1-12
Use props
darren
New

United Kingdom

lrwskyfilms Posted at 2015-1-13 02:10
Hi, I passed the RPQ-s course with Resource Group, highly recommended, though £1600, £2k once fini ...

Am i right in believing that BNUC's is an international licence and the RPQ's is national ???
2015-1-12
Use props
lrwskyfilms
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Hi, good question, I don't think so as each country has it's own CAA bodies and rules. i.e. in Holland you can't fly drones at all.

From the CAA website;
The Basic National UAS Certificate for Small Unmanned Aircraft (BNUC-STM) is available from EuroUSC and is a UAV-specific qualification. Pilots must demonstrate the necessary skills and knowledge to pass the ground exam and flight test. The CAA recognises the BNUC-STM as evidence of pilot competence.

The Remote Pilot Qualification - Small Unmanned Aircraft (RPQ-S) is available from the Resource Group and is a UAV-specific qualification. Pilots must demonstrate the necessary skills and knowledge to pass the ground exam and flight test. The CAA recognises the RPQ-S as evidence of pilot competence.

Cheers Mark
2015-1-12
Use props
tim
lvl.1
Flight distance : 328684 ft
United Kingdom

JerryLaurence Posted at 2015-1-12 20:31
Hi Tim,

I'm planning to do the course in March. Just wondering if you're getting an Inspire 1 and w ...

Hi Jerry,

I currently have an Inspire 1 and the first day of the course was great, alot of into but very interesting. More learning and exam tomorrow. This course is a must if you plan to make money, or even just get any business benefit from flying/filming.

Cheers,

Tim
2015-1-13
Use props
owen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 267316 ft
United Kingdom

tim@digitaltria Posted at 2015-1-14 03:01
Hi Jerry,

I currently have an Inspire 1 and the first day of the course was great, alot of into b ...

Hi Tim, thinking of doing the course, but just wondered how difficult it is. Everything I've read makes it sound like your doing a proper pilots exam. worried about wasting £2000

cheers
owen
2015-1-13
Use props
JerryLaurence
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Having thought long and hard (and still considering my options), I'm probably going to get the Phantom 2 v2 FPV edition as my first cameracopter (apart from the micro drone I've been playing with indoors). I can learn to fly it, practise lots, and get good video for my website with a GoPro Hero 4. If it's good enough for the kind of commercial work I envisage (eg, corporate websites, weddings) I will take my BNUC-S Part 2 with this set-up. However, if I feel I really need an Inspire for commercial work I can upgrade to an Inspire before taking my Part 2, or perhaps wait a year or so and retake it with the Inspire. It's a pity you have to pay so much every time you change machines.

Does anyone know if you can insure two machines under a single policy? If not, that's even more expense to consider.

I'd appreciate any comments on this plan...

Thanks,

Jerry
2015-1-13
Use props
david.spencer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With John Heath its a case of value not how many drones you have, it was £550 per year for upto £3000 worth of drones I think then £650 for over that amount
2015-1-13
Use props
AshInspire1
lvl.4

United Kingdom

owen@digitalplu Posted at 2015-1-14 03:14
Hi Tim, thinking of doing the course, but just wondered how difficult it is. Everything I've read  ...

This is exactly what I'm thinking. Just seems so hard my brain will explode
2015-1-13
Use props
JerryLaurence
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm not yet convinced that the Inspire will offer £1000 worth of better performance than the Phantom FPV route, for what I need it for. And the repair and maintenance bills will probably be lower with the P2. I think I want to see how the Inspire evolves first...
2015-1-13
Use props
octovisions
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have passed the BNUC-S exam and have sent my operations manual to euroUSC to be assessed. I have a PV2+ and unpatiently await an Inspire! I'm covered insurance wise through the bmfa until ive passed the flight test. I nearly took insurance from coverdrone/john heath £5m public liability and both aircraft covered airborne for £1200, and will do when ive passed.

Well worth it! I think theres alot of money to be made in this industry. Enough to cover my ass anyway
2015-1-13
Use props
AshInspire1
lvl.4

United Kingdom

octovisions Posted at 2015-1-14 07:43
I have passed the BNUC-S exam and have sent my operations manual to euroUSC to be assessed. I have a ...

It's the whole operations manual I don't get, what you write in there. I would love to do the exam but need some one to hold my hand lol but as you say it's worth doing as I also think there's alot of money to be made in the uk
2015-1-13
Use props
octovisions
lvl.1

United Kingdom

you get a template with prompts and ive added more but i have a feeling it wont be enough and they'll need more!

2015-1-13
Use props
ianlewis123
lvl.3
Flight distance : 181860 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all, im going for my exam in march it was £800 plus vat it was an extra £100 cause im doing mine in belfast,would like to here sum more info,maybe some tips,still waiting on my inspire so im reading the manuals for the exam.
2015-1-15
Use props
abutler306
New

United Kingdom

lrwskyfilms Posted at 2015-1-13 02:10
Hi, I passed the RPQ-s course with Resource Group, highly recommended, though £1600, £2k once fini ...

Hi, Im just about to sit my RPQ-s this week, it would be great to get feedback. How difficult is it, i have spent a lot of time on my WBT's, is that the most important revision material. Have you an example of 1 or 2 trickery questions, or maybe ones to catch you out?

Sorry I didn't catch your name, are you doing it commercially, i have set up an aerial business, i making some good in-roads but it is taken time for the actually money to come in! Best regards, Alex  Abutler306@gmail.com
2015-2-22
Use props
GB44
Captain
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

If you have submitted an Ops Manual to use a Phantom, that wont allow you to use the Inspire commercially and will have to undertake a further flight test with the Inspire or any other additional aircraft you wish to use.

You can have as many aircraft as you wish in the one Operations Manual, but must specifiy all the respective specifications and serial numbers for each aircraft you wish to use commercially and provide flight procedures and checklists for all aircraft.  So for those who dont have an Inspire yet, how can you possibly write an Ops Man for an aircraft that you have never flown before and dont posses the serial number of the aircraft.  

Just sit tight, get the aircraft, fly it, then take the final flight exam with two aircraft.

EuroUSC in the UK do the BNUC-S  certification.  I believe they also undertake this certification in Europe and Hong Kong so have an international presence and may be looking to expand further.  This would be a good result as the BNUC-S would then be recognised internationally.  I beleive CASA who are the Australian regulators are also looking at reviewing their current regulations for UAV's.  It would be good if a UAV certified Pilot BNUC-S etc. could fly in any country just like any commercial pilot can do under the International agreement.
2015-2-22
Use props
DBUK
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I completed the RPG-S last May and have permissions and  exemptions for the Phantom II and S900. I have completed my Inspire 1 FRC's (DJI finally provide the right information online 1st time without asking) and have the flight test booked in early March. Once you've done the course and the Ops manual adding FRC's is relatively straight forward. I'm going to let my P2 permissions lapse in May and focus on the S900 and Inspire for professional work.

Insurance likely needs some more competition to John Heath; it would be good to bring the price of insuring my £5k's worth of UAV below the cost of insuring my £60k sports car

As for the value of the marketplace for income, I certainly wouldn't give up the day job just yet

/DB

2015-2-22
Use props
DaveM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23035 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Booked to start my BNUC-S in about 3 weeks, just been reading the theory manual and
UK supplement so far.

@DBUK  Thinking ahead for my OPS manual, I see the MTOM for the Inspire is not listed, was
this the info they gave you ?

Dave
2015-2-22
Use props
GB44
Captain
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

DaveM Posted at 2015-2-23 00:55
Booked to start my BNUC-S in about 3 weeks, just been reading the theory manual and
UK supplement so ...

You need to take allowance for the bigger battery and then add some for contingency, GPS, different cameras in the future etc. !
2015-2-22
Use props
DaveM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23035 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GB44 Posted at 2015-2-23 03:39
You need to take allowance for the bigger battery and then add some for contingency, GPS, differen ...

Thanks, that is sort of what I had been thinking, allowance for a future camera,
larger battery, Tracker maybe

Dave
2015-2-22
Use props
Felix
New

Hong Kong

Dear all,

My name is Felix from Hong Kong. My compay has an intention to use UAS for patrol and inspection of asset.   But the application of UAS is new for me.   I do check the regulations from the Civil Aviation Department of Hong Kong.   One of important requirements is that the pilot shall have the qualification of BNUC-S or equivalent.   Can anyone help / advise me if this course is available in Hong Kong ? where can I look for the course details ?

Best Regards,
Felix   
2015-3-8
Use props
bubo_bubo
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Would anyone be willing to provide a copy of their insurance documents, blanking out your info of course?

I could then put it via my insurance broker to see if some competition can develop?
2015-3-9
Use props
crossfittb
lvl.4

United States

bubo_bubo Posted at 2015-3-9 19:07
Would anyone be willing to provide a copy of their insurance documents, blanking out your info of co ...

Just set up a policy with my Allstate Insurance company. Used my renters insurance and added my Inspire 1, my new Plexi Drone and all of my accessories, electronics, computers, tablets & software to the policy for only $40/mo.

Covers $20,000 in theft, fire, flood/water damage, crash during transportation in vehicle.
Liability Coverage of 1.3 million

Not bad for only $40/mo.

This is in Florida, USA
2015-3-9
Use props
tim.durham00
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi

I am doing my BNUC-S next week with the Inspire, I am intrigued about the manual and wondered if anyone would mind me taking a look at theirs so I can be prepared?

Thanks

Tim
2015-4-30
Use props
gusscott1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5160745 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

The next BNUC-S course in Hong Kong is weekend 8/9 October. Please go to www.eurousc.com and click on pilot qualification and then Hong Kong. Email me on contact page for www.scottcopters.com if you have questions Angus
2016-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules