Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P3S to P3P or P4
1543 23 2016-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
water_0106
Banned

Singapore

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-26
Use props
uskaper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155581 ft
  • >>>
Slovenia

I've been in the same place like you. Got P3S on 2nd Feb and bought P3A on 18th March. I'm more than satisfied. In addition, i've also had 3 spare batteries, prop guards, 100W charger and backpack.
2016-3-26
Use props
water_0106
Banned

Singapore

2016-3-26
Use props
flyfishnevada
lvl.2
United States

It is disappointing that  a lot of the accessories for the P3 won't work with the P4.  I haven't looked into it much but if the P4 batteries, for instance, are a far better design and it was physically impossible to use the same form factor, I get it.  That's life.  But if it's just an attempt to get consumers to have to buy all new gear and not just the copter itself, that's annoying.

You could always sell the P3 and upgrade entirely.  Honestly, as amazing as the P4 looks, there are a lot of new drones coming on the market.  A P3P might tide you over until something even better happens along, from DJI or otherwise.
2016-3-26
Use props
water_0106
Banned

Singapore

2016-3-26
Use props
QuadBart
Second Officer
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've had a Standard, and got the Advanced.  I'm happy with my Advanced.  I don't see myself buying a P4 any time soon.  It is nice, but not enough advances for me to layout another 1400 bucks
2016-3-26
Use props
Bhujang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

Ive had the p3p for 3 months and so happy. It depends on your level of flying. If you are intermediate to advance the p3p will do you fine. Not much more on the P4 that you'd need, especially as many are complaining about poor battery life, among other things... Yes the p3p has had issues but Ive been one of the lucky ones zero issues loads of fun and flights. Also now you get a really good deal on the p3p.
2016-3-27
Use props
CapitAn
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

l have a P3P and l love this thing. It's had zero issues, camera is good, range is awesome! l'm on old FW so l have no restrictions. l have zero inclination to own a P4, there's nothing there that interests me. lf l were to crash my P3P today, l would replace it with the same, or a P3A.
2016-3-27
Use props
water0106
Banned

Australia

2016-3-31
Use props
quaddron3
lvl.3

Canada

The question is why you're even upgrading from a standard to a pro or even p4.

Do you really need it or is this one of those I want to spend money sort of things?

I think most people should keep their drones for as long as possible until the thing no longer works. Because lets face it, these things have limited life span. Either the motors wear out, or much earlier, due to human related error or a flyaway. So why replace it so soon? You replace it when the current one breaks. If it still does what you need there is no point upgrading. Particularly not the P4 which has new everything and not backwards compatible.
2016-3-31
Use props
Bhujang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

water0106 Posted at 2016-4-1 06:17
Thanks. What is the common issue on P3P? Read about it is the gimbal or the camera issue.

Well from reading here some have had issues with but not limited to ;) firmware updates(This has caused many separate issues also), camera focus on edges and centre, horizon not level, no signal, falling out of sky, etc.

I have had no issues at all with my p3p. So it seems a bit of a gamble.
2016-3-31
Use props
ahoj
lvl.3
Flight distance : 462690 ft
Sweden

I went from P3S to P4, i must admit i was close to buy a P3P during the new years sale and the fact that i had a 10% off voucher on top of that didn't make i less tempting. But i decided to wait to see what P4 brought, and then i preordered a P4 with 2 extra batteries. Still keeping the P3S so my wife has something to learn to fly on..
2016-4-1
Use props
water0106
Banned

Australia

2016-4-5
Use props
water0106
Banned

Singapore

2016-4-16
Use props
evsjas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1995479 ft
United States

P3p is all I need
2016-5-2
Use props
bfd300
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73661 ft
United States

I went from a P3S to a P3A in a month....the A is more than enough for me............ it's the same as the pro range wise..... has the same multiple flight modes. only 2 differences are the P has a 100w charger and a 4k camera.  that's it!!!
2016-5-2
Use props
betoleal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 550472 ft
United States

water_0106@hotm Posted at 2016-3-26 10:24
Are you satisfied on?

P3P will satisfied me in terms of the fly transmission, the remote control ...

same here. I dunno what to do.
2016-5-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

The Phantom 3 Pro' has been/is awesome.  I really enjoy the 4K video.
Aside from the 100w charger and faster bit rate of video back to the RC, not much difference between the Advanced and Professional models.
But 4K video is awesome. . . Hahaha

Did I mention 4K? ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-5-3
Use props
betoleal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 550472 ft

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-5-4 05:35
The Phantom 3 Pro' has been/is awesome.  I really enjoy the 4K video.
Aside from the 100w charger an ...

how about the 4K?
2016-5-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

No, I never use anything else.
I need to try 2.7K one day... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-5-3
Use props
Rick King
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47192 ft
United States

Im holding off till phantom 5 comes out.
2016-5-4
Use props
mrbillgill1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 717100 ft
United Kingdom

I'm a noob, so maybe not qualified to comment. But my P3P has been a dream (so far, touches wood) and with the 3rd party apps out there, it's a very powerful cinematic tool for a solo flyer.
I think it will be a long time before I outgrow it's capabilities, and the 4k is lovely - I'd just like a higher bit rate for the camera.

my 02
p.s. don't forget the lightbridge
2016-5-4
Use props
HMCGRAW
lvl.1

Anyone read any rumors of Phantom 5? Crashed my P3P yesterday and trying to decide what to do?
2016-5-16
Use props
tmick5jr
New

United States

in my opinion, the price jump for the 4 is not worth it especially for you since you already have all the batteries and accessories for the 3. In your case the P3P is the clear choice in my eyes.
2016-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules