Battery Log
2115 3 2016-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rjs21989
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858701 ft
  • >>>

Anybody using Excel to do battery logging?
2016-3-26
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Yes,  What is your question
2016-3-27
Use props
inspire-southea
New
Flight distance : 332477 ft

United Kingdom

GB44 Posted at 2016-3-27 02:43
Yes,  What is your question

Can you explain how to log Inspire batteries? They have no % indicator, only LEDs. The template EuroUSC provide is more suited to conventional LiPo batteries.. with "BATTERY RESIDUAL CHARGE %", "CHARGE INPUT mAh", "PRE-FLIGHT BATTERY CHARGE %".
2017-1-10
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

inspire-southea Posted at 2017-1-10 07:17
Can you explain how to log Inspire batteries? They have no % indicator, only LEDs. The template EuroUSC provide is more suited to conventional LiPo batteries.. with "BATTERY RESIDUAL CHARGE %", "CHARGE INPUT mAh", "PRE-FLIGHT BATTERY CHARGE %".

What you do is you operate a checklist operation for flight management as part of your Ops Manual.

At the start of each flight you record battery level and at the end of each flight you record remaining battery level.  This is obtained from the App display, battery level at the top right.

If you also record start and finish times you also can verify flight durations for compliance with CAA or aviation requirements should you be operating at a commercial level.

You can easily create an excel spreadsheet that when start and finish times are input into cells, the duration is calculated automatically.  This then gives you your total flight times for each battery and also Pilot hours

I have my template that forms part of my Ops Manual.  It can also tell you how many times the battery has been charged so that you know when to ensure a full discharge can be undertaken to comply with manufacturers guidelines and good practice for each battery.

Create a checklist and include start and finish flight times and battery levels.  I have my sheets laminated so that I can simply write on  them with a marker then rub them out after and re-use the sheet.

2017-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules