"Aircraft Warming Up" IMU calibration
1280 13 2016-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nickmedici
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88287 ft
United States

I did the advance IMU calibration last night and now it is taking longer for the P4 to warmup. Same thing with my P3 but I just never asked about it. Anyone know why?
2016-3-26
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

I've heard it's affected by how warm it is when you calibrate, so if you calibrate in cold temperatures it warms up faster.  That could always be a lie though.
2016-3-26
Use props
nickmedici
lvl.3
United States

Guess I'll do another IMU calibration late at night and see if that works...
2016-3-26
Use props
nickmedici
lvl.3
United States

nigelw Posted at 2016-3-27 02:21
I've heard it's affected by how warm it is when you calibrate, so if you calibrate in cold temperatu ...

Just looked this up and seems to be confirmed! Thanks
2016-3-26
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

same happened to me with my p3p. I retried to calibrate IMU in below 10 degree C and still its slow to warm up. They must calibrate these things in a freezer lol before shipping ;)
2016-3-27
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

Bhujang Posted at 2016-3-27 16:17
same happened to me with my p3p. I retried to calibrate IMU in below 10 degree C and still its slow  ...

Before anyboby considers it NOT advisable to reduce the temperature of you bird in a refrigerator before carrying out cold IMU calibration better to leave it in as low a temperature as possible for a number of hours and then do the calibration as quickly as possible
2016-3-27
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
United Kingdom

pi-inthesky@hot Posted at 2016-3-27 17:46
Before anyboby considers it NOT advisable to reduce the temperature of you bird in a refrigerator  ...

Ha ha ha yes I wasn't suggesting they try that ;) tnx
2016-3-27
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

Bhujang Posted at 2016-3-27 19:24
Ha ha ha yes I wasn't suggesting they try that ;) tnx

Bhujang i didnt get the impression that you were suggesting that action but there are many that might have taken  it as a possible solution.Appologies if that was what you thought i was implying.
2016-3-27
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Since the last firmware update my P3A takes about a minute to warm up.  I used to be able to turn on the battery and get into the air as soon as the camera gimble had finished calibration.
2016-3-27
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
United Kingdom

pi-inthesky@hot Posted at 2016-3-28 00:22
Bhujang i didnt get the impression that you were suggesting that action but there are many that mi ...

All is cool here was all in comedy ;) the royal path ;)
2016-3-28
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
United Kingdom

endotherm Posted at 2016-3-28 04:43
Since the last firmware update my P3A takes about a minute to warm up.  I used to be able to turn on ...

yes mines was like that until i took in upon myself to do an IMU calibration after a fw update. So wasn't sure if it was the fw update or my lousy IMU calibration.  Did prefer it when it just locked and loaded straight away ;) all this waiting for the IMU to warm up before the go app will connect properly is a pita ;) ha ha i can hear it now patience padone (little yoda like voice in the back of my mind he he he )
2016-3-28
Use props
pangwu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 241798 ft
Hong Kong

This is what I found in some other discussion thread and it worked for me. Power up the remote controller and connect your iPad mini or iPhone with it. Go to Dji go app. Choose connect camera then go the aircraft setting. After that go to IMU calibration page. Now you power the phantom. As long as you see the phantom is connected with DJI go app, click the "calibrate IMU". Click ok to proceed. After calibration, the warmup seems go away.
2016-3-28
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Will try this and see if it helps and get back here to let you know.
2016-3-28
Use props
nnareshmgg
New
United States

I am also seeing a tad bit more warmup time after I did an imu calliberatiin.. Will try again at a lower temperature but am torn apart at the moment with lots of delima... Can u and piinsky please sync up and let me know the verdict ... Freezer or no freezer
2016-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules