Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire V.2.0 with X5 - Got some abnormal "movements" + Ipad issue
975 9 2016-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RuneWold
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1808064 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Hi all good people.

I have been fying now for a while with the X5. I use the Olympus lens 12mm most for sure.
I have upgraded to the new propeller system from the new Pro but I did not go for the upgrade to the Inspire Pro. Have the last Inspire version.

When flying I was ready and I understand that the Inspire now fly with a higher payload so this has to affect the flying compared to the X3.
I have through the last years gone through since 2013 the Flamewheel, S800 Evo, S1000, S900, P2 and Inspire while been testing P3 and are also using Ronnin and Osmo.

So when starting with the S-Series I knew this would even with large engines affect the flight and it did. So to the point. Like in the S900 using A2 and LB adjustments where made to make sure the gain was good and all other adjustments to make the rig fly good.

What I expect from the Inspire with X5 is longer stopping distance in all directions. What I think is not good is that like if I fly on a straight line over lets say a field the Inspire wil drop about 0.5 meter or even more sometimes. I have done all the Firmware upgrades and to make sure recalibrated IMU and Compas.  In high wind gust like today it stod still fine when it was hovering and the wind gust came. But when I was landing the wind had picked up more steady and it was showing that it was strugling a bit.

Should I adjust something to get more "gain"? Feel really like the drowning duck here and that I should know the answer to this but ask and learn! :-)

I was about to just send a email to DJI friends but I was thinking maybe others face or will face the same as I.

Hope easter has been a great time in the air for all of you!

2016-3-27
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

RuneWold
Does it drop altitude when you fly at the full speed? Can we take a look at your gains?
2016-3-27
Use props
RuneWold
lvl.3
  • >>>
Norway

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-28 08:21
RuneWold
Does it drop altitude when you fly at the full speed? Can we take a look at your gains?

Hi

Was about to send you a message. No its just when I start from hovering it does a dive.
I will try and make a dump of the gains tim.

What I also forgot to write is that my iPad is so much darker then on the X3. its much harder to see details .  I have compared images from the X3 with X5 and the final result is the same but the ipad is darker when using X5.

Is that just with me?
2016-3-28
Use props
RuneWold
lvl.3
  • >>>
Norway

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-28 08:21
RuneWold

Hi Tim

Here is the Gain

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hezygcr0wfrym3v/InspireGain.png?dl=0

2016-3-28
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

did you the lens and gimbal calibration?
2016-3-28
Use props
RuneWold
lvl.3
  • >>>
Norway

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-28 11:25
did you the lens and gimbal calibration?

Yes.
I can try to do it again now
2016-3-28
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

RuneWold Posted at 2016-3-28 17:25
Yes.
I can try to do it again now

Please try! Hopefully it will work
2016-3-28
Use props
RuneWold
lvl.3
  • >>>
Norway

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-28 11:30
Please try! Hopefully it will work

No change as I could see. Its been really bad weather for all of easter so im heading out now to film. I take screen dumps and also upload images taken at the same time and you can see :-)
2016-3-28
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

I've just checked the specs, it says altitude gain and drop withing 0.5m is normal http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1-pro-and-raw/info#specs
2016-3-28
Use props
RuneWold
lvl.3
  • >>>
Norway

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-28 11:43
I've just checked the specs, it says altitude gain and drop withing 0.5m is normal http://www.dji.co ...

Hi Tim

I was to catch a cruice liner that goes along the coast here each day. It normally goes from here at 12:00 but as a result of the easter it left 20 min before time.

Here is the old type I filmed for a TV station show. At Skypixel

So I went home and had a flight. I used the sun hood but outside it was still hard to see so I have the advantage of sitting inside in the door and overlook the land around the farm here. As I had the hood on it was not possible to use the screen capture. Will fly again.

One tips that I think im not alone with is that if you like me are used to fly with the "aim cross" on the screen. When you now press the screen for focus your eyes have a tendency to look at the green mark. That can end badly :-D Im now used to it but took some flights.
2016-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules