interesting... bees do seem to 'hear' the 2.4ghz remote
1421 24 2016-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiphantom3xx
lvl.2

Canada

One thing that I thought was interesting... Flying in a wide open space (parking lot) - and this 'bee/wasp' comes over - and will not leave my remote controller alone... Only thing he/she is interested in... I've noticed that a couple times now (even though its in a wide open space).

I guess all these RC devices (cellphones, wifi towers, internet access, RC devices, etc) - probably are interfering with 'nature'... (Don't know if you've read the news stories in the last few years about bees/farm production/etc).

Thoughts?

2016-3-27
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

Ive been saying for years that cell phones are screwing up the bees. Now scientists seem to think the same thing. BTW...They got people screwed up too.
2016-3-27
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-27
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Morph1 Posted at 2016-3-28 10:22
agreed , small insects are definitely affected by the same band of 2.4 Ghz that run in your microw ...

'Strange enough , right  now we are having a major bee decline problems and some people say they may be extinct in the near future...'

Yes, the bees are having problems, but they are to do with a tiny mite that is destroying them called the Varroa mite. It is killing honey bees all over the world and the only place that is free of the mite, for the moment, is Australia. We are exporting bees to California in huge quantities to help with pollination of fruit trees.
2016-3-27
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

Morph1 Posted at 2016-3-27 19:22
agreed , small insects are definitely affected by the same band of 2.4 Ghz that run in your microw ...

Apparently cell phones are more important than eating. Ive been doing a little bit of a study on people and their short term memory. The number of people with memory problems is quite alarming. I blame this on cellphones etc. also. Hows your memory by the way?
2016-3-27
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-3-27
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

Morph1 Posted at 2016-3-27 19:42
lol my memory sux, it seems like I remember everything I learned in my teens and 20s , now I just  ...

Nope, its not your age entirely. Some younger people have the same problem. Nobody is going to just come out and tell you their memory sucks. You have to ask. Thats what i do.
2016-3-27
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Elmer Fudd Posted at 2016-3-28 10:48
Nope, its not your age entirely. Some younger people have the same problem. Nobody is going to jus ...

Sorry.... what was the question again.
2016-3-27
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-27 21:02
Sorry.... what was the question again.

Lol.  By the way.....hows your memory. Im doing a study.
2016-3-27
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Elmer Fudd Posted at 2016-3-28 12:04
Lol.  By the way.....hows your memory. Im doing a study.

I am not allowed to use that word on here, or even attempt to use it by disguising it because that comes under the heading of attempting to defeat the word censorship mechanism.

Where were we again...
2016-3-27
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-3-27
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-27 21:12
I am not allowed to use that word on here, or even attempt to use it by disguising it because that ...

Lol.  I get your hint. Are we allowed to hint here? I forget.
2016-3-27
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

Morph1 Posted at 2016-3-27 21:17
we were talking about cup cakes don't you remember lol

Boy, hes got it bad doesnt he.
2016-3-27
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-3-27 21:31
My memory isn't exceptional, but it isn't necessarily terrible.  
Any part of it that is bad, I mo ...

If your memory ISNT terrible, then you can attribute that to marijuana and heavy alcohol abuse. Maybe ill start drinking.
2016-3-27
Use props
bn324
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-27 19:33
'Strange enough , right  now we are having a major bee decline problems and some people say they ma ...

i raise honey bees, their is a pesticide, I can't think of the name of it. But it is killing bees in huge numbers
2016-3-27
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-3-27 21:46
Well, Marijuana affects the short term memory., but it's not really a permanent effect, unless you ...

Lol......True and true. Been there and done both of that.
2016-3-27
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

bn324 Posted at 2016-3-27 21:45
i raise honey bees, their is a pesticide, I can't think of the name of it. But it is killing bees  ...

" I can't think of the name of it."  In other words, you cant remember?  Welcome to the club.
2016-3-27
Use props
bn324
lvl.1

United States

Elmer Fudd Posted at 2016-3-27 21:54
" I can't think of the name of it."  In other words, you cant remember?  Welcome to the club.

Yes, can't remember.. lol
2016-3-27
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

bn324 Posted at 2016-3-27 21:45
i raise honey bees, their is a pesticide, I can't think of the name of it. But it is killing bees  ...

You mean they know this particular pesticide is killing honey bees and they still use it?
2016-3-27
Use props
Rotareneg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 676634 ft
United States

The controller for my P3S makes a faint high pitched hissing/buzzing noise when it use, so I'm not surprised bugs might be attracted to it. Not sure if it's the piezo beeper, a surface mount ceramic capacitor, or a coil, all of which can make audible sounds in the right circumstances.
2016-3-27
Use props
bn324
lvl.1

United States

This is a quote I just found on it. You can google pesticides that are killing honey bees, you should find some information.

A possible link between neonicotinoids and honey bee die-offs has led to controversy across the United States and Europe. Beekeepers and environmentalists have expressed growing concern about the impact of neonicotinoids, concern based on the fact that neonicotinoids are absorbed into plant tissue and can be present in pollen and nectar, making them toxic to pollinators.

This report details potential negative impacts of neonicotinoids insecticides to honey bees and other important pollinators. It also makes recommendations on how we can better protect bees.
2016-3-27
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Elmer Fudd Posted at 2016-3-28 12:38
If your memory ISNT terrible, then you can attribute that to marijuana and heavy alcohol abuse. Ma ...

Yeah, I'm going to blame mine on weed as well, that and the other things I tried back in the seventies, can't remember what they were now. But I will never blame the booze for it, cause I used to have such a good time with it, and all that brought was happy memories. Was always partial to a bit of Bourbon......
2016-3-27
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

bn324 Posted at 2016-3-27 22:41
This is a quote I just found on it. You can google pesticides that are killing honey bees, you shoul ...

Thanks for that info. Ill check it out.
2016-3-27
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-3-28 15:45
Bourbon is pretty much all I drink.
Booker's and Jim Beam Distillers Masterpiece,  and Blantons

You're lucky to have all those choices, we get a much more limited range here. I once worked in New Orleans for a month and a half, and one day went out to a Bourbon bar to try them all out. I didn't make it...
2016-3-27
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think the bee thing is caused by a certain herbicide farmers started using 20 years ago, the stuff they used for the previous 100 years worked great and was safe but the new stuff was a little cheaper.
2016-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules