Landscape 3D model with a Phantom 4!
3311 11 2016-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jsouders
lvl.3
United States

Jeff uses his Phantom 4 and trys out a free app called Drone Deploy and makes a 3D model of his house and land.

2016-3-27
Use props
Gregory80
lvl.1

United States

Will you be uploading the footage captured and used to make the model to youtube also? I'd be interested in checking that out too
2016-3-27
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

that's pretty impressive results! The app is free so there must be some restrictions, that can be unlocked in the paid version?
2016-3-28
Use props
MM55
lvl.2
Flight distance : 628527 ft
Canada

Was it able to do the entire mapping sequence without changing batteries, or is there away to swap batteries and then continue where it left off.
2016-3-28
Use props
jsouders
lvl.3
United States

Gregory80 Posted at 2016-3-27 20:57
Will you be uploading the footage captured and used to make the model to youtube also? I'd be intere ...

it was all still images. About 350 pictures.
2016-3-28
Use props
jsouders
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-28 06:36
that's pretty impressive results! The app is free so there must be some restrictions, that can be un ...

No the app is free, but the service used to build the model is free for a short time.
2016-3-28
Use props
jsouders
lvl.3
United States

MM55 Posted at 2016-3-28 08:05
Was it able to do the entire mapping sequence without changing batteries, or is there away to swap b ...

I used one battery but you can use more then one battery and continue on.
2016-3-28
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

jsouders Posted at 2016-3-29 07:58
No the app is free, but the service used to build the model is free for a short time.

Pretty cool, i really want to find some time to play around with it.
2016-3-28
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

BTW, when you press export, what format do you eventually get?
2016-3-28
Use props
Nink
lvl.2

Canada

I love it. I never had a reason to want a P4 until now. A full 3D mesh with SLAM data. Hopefully you can export point cloud and textures to  favorite 3D engine.
2016-3-28
Use props
jsouders
lvl.3
United States

https://skfb.ly/Mx7V
2016-4-7
Use props
BouldersDad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 872448 ft
United States

BEWARE! This may have been a fluke, and there may have been a new version released this week, but I installed it last week and tried it out this past weekend.It detected my P4 as a P3P. I chickened out at that point and decided just to fly.
However, after that the Go app also thought it was a P3P. Aand yes, I did shut everything down and fully exited Drone Deploy before launching Go. After shutting down and restarting a few times, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Go. No luck. Eventually, I remembered that the P3P takes its fw updates via the sd card, so I pulled it and restarted with out it. This time it recognized it as a P4.
I reinstalled the card and did a format on it. The bird seemed fine after that. However, and this could be a coincidence, but from that point on I could not sync my flights. Updating the Go app today fixed that, but...
2016-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules