Inspire 1 contains an A2 flight controller?
1712 4 2016-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sshscp
lvl.2

United States

Hello,

Does anyone know what flight controller is in the inspire 1?  I had heard rumors that it is an A2 but cannot find any confirmation of this.  I've got the opportunity to purchase a crashed Inspire 1 for parts, at an extreme bargain, but I need to find out what flight controller is in it before I can decide to move on it or not.  It appears that the electronic components of the Inspire survived the crash (except for the camera)

If it in fact does have an A2 then I could yank that out, along with the other electronics and use it as a base for building an industrial octocopter.  The A2 alone runs ~ $1,300 so if there is one in the Inspire I could get one for far cheaper.

Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick
2016-3-27
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Inspire 1 drone is using it's own flight controller. A2 is A2, I1 controller is I1 controller, they are not the same
2016-3-27
Use props
sshscp
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-28 02:55
Inspire 1 drone is using it's own flight controller. A2 is A2, I1 controller is I1 controller, they  ...

So the  I1 controller cannot be reconfigured to handle a custom motor mixer i.e. Quad I, Hex I, Hex V,  Oct X, Oct I, Oct V?
2016-3-28
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

sshscp@gmail.co Posted at 2016-3-28 21:22
So the  I1 controller cannot be reconfigured to handle a custom motor mixer i.e. Quad I, Hex I, He ...

normally no.  For this purpose you can try Naza , Wookong or A2
2016-3-28
Use props
sshscp
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-28 23:12
normally no.  For this purpose you can try Naza , Wookong or A2

Thanks for the info Tim!  Not what I was hoping for but at least I know now.
2016-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules