P3 Smart battery storage mode
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kentristanpeter
lvl.2

Estonia

Hey,

I'm new to DJI drones and batteries, but I know that you should storage lipo batterys. So I think the best is to storage at 30% battery level.
Here comes my questions:
1) If I fly the battery level to 10%, should I after that charge it back to 30% to store.
2) Doesn't this short charging harm the battery?
3) How do you storage your battery?

Thanks for help and comments
2016-3-28
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have a look HERE, the smart batteries will auto discharge to their storage level (50-60%).
2016-3-28
Use props
kentristanpeter
lvl.2

Estonia

Yes I know that, but it is still better to but them right away to the storage %. Because auto discharge starts only after min. 1 day and takes up to 2-3 days. It would be still better if it is from the beginning in the storage mode.  

Answers to my questions would be fun ;)

Cheers
2016-3-29
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"Answers to my questions would be fun ;) "

Yes I'm sure they would be, but don't you think if the best option were to discharge immediately then that's what DJI would have chosen for them to do ?

Ultimately the batteries life is dictated by the amount of charge/discharge cycles.

I'm sure somebody may be able to provide the answer you want to hear
2016-3-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You should store the battery at 50% or so.
If you fully charge the battery, it will auto discharge to the storage level (1-10 days depending on what you set it at) and just leave it until needed again.
And the battery will not auto discharge if left in the aircraft and you shouldn't long term store in the aircraft anyways.
Also, it may go into hibernation mode depending on how long you store it. So months later if you power it up and the red light goes on and will not turn off, that just means it's in hibernation mode and let it sit for 5 minutes and the light will go out. Then fully charge and you are good to go.
2016-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules