Charging Hub Update?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mary Ann
lvl.2
Flight distance : 259009 ft
Canada

I have just purchased a charging hub for my P3P.  It talks about updating firmware in the manual and there's a couple of updating videos on youtube but I can't find any downloads for it on the DJI site.   Does this mean there has been no updates since mine  was manufactured?  How do I check which version is on the hub and which version is the most current?  

Thank  you,

Mary Ann
2016-3-28
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Which hub have you bought, and to clarify is it the hub that needs updates or the Phantom batteries ? If it's referring to the batteries then that is normally done as part of the P3P drone update.

Edit:- This might HELP
2016-3-28
Use props
Mary Ann
lvl.2
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2016-3-28 15:50
Which hub have you bought, and to clarify is it the hub that needs updates or the Phantom batteries  ...

I bought 2 extra batteries and the charging hub.  I have updated one of the two batteries so far (waiting for the other to charge) and it worked no problem.  I  read in the manual that comes with the charging hub that it requires updating just like the aircraft/rc/batteries.  The Charging Hub is Spare Part NO. 53 if that helps.  When I watch an older youtube video there is files to download from the DJI website for the hub but I don't see any files there now.  Just wondering if it requires updating now and how to check if it is the current version.
2016-3-28
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

See edit I made to my previous post, that may point in right direction
2016-3-28
Use props
lido_bmt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87772 ft

Mary Ann Posted at 2016-3-28 17:03
I bought 2 extra batteries and the charging hub.  I have updated one of the two batteries so far ( ...

The firmware is the same as the Inspire 1 charging hub. You can get it here under "Charging Hub Upgrader":

http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/info#downloads

I updated mine when I received it a few months ago. You need Windows, unfortunately.
2016-3-28
Use props
Mary Ann
lvl.2
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2016-3-28 15:50
Which hub have you bought, and to clarify is it the hub that needs updates or the Phantom batteries  ...

This is extremely helpful!  Thank you Aardvark!
2016-3-31
Use props
Sealybomb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1155 ft
Germany

hey guys.....so i have watched the tutorial on the link.....and i have discovered that the charging hub firmware update is only available on a windows machine.....any advice for a mac user? all batteries ect have been updated fine.
2016-6-14
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>

Sealybomb Posted at 2016-6-15 02:26
hey guys.....so i have watched the tutorial on the link.....and i have discovered that the charging  ...

Do it on a friend's Windows PC.... After all the ratio Windows/ Mac worldwide is still 91/9 :-)(Not bashing iMac, I'm a user too)
2016-6-14
Use props
Mat_sealy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1155 ft
Germany

PhanFran Posted at 2016-6-14 21:29
Do it on a friend's Windows PC.... After all the ratio Windows/ Mac worldwide is still 91/9 :-)(Not ...

Will have to wait a while ...will do it when I'm back in the uk. Don't think it will cause issues
2016-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules