Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Ronin - Tight horizontal axis
1828 4 2015-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
danieldanv
New

Romania

Hi, I just received a DJI Ronin and after I unpacked it and followed the instructions regarding the setup I found out the the horizontal axis is very tight. It doesn't move on its own, only manually. It feels like a tight screw and trying to rotate it by force. Any ideas?

It stands the way I put it

It stands the way I put it
2015-1-12
Use props
DJI-Darryl
lvl.3

United States

2015-1-12
Use props
danieldanv
New

Romania

DJI-Darryl Posted at 2015-1-13 15:13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGXTDnT8Mrc

Please understand that it cannot be calibrated if one of the axis is stuck. As I was saying, the horizontal axis does not move on its own. It hardly rotates if I move it by hand, not like the vertical or the pan axes.
2015-1-13
Use props
keith
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43976 ft
United States

danieldanv Posted at 2015-1-13 17:36
Please understand that it cannot be calibrated if one of the axis is stuck. As I was saying, the h ...

I had the same exact issue and I had a shoot the following week, sent it back to the dealer and got a new one, worked perfectly and came just in time...

The roll axis motor is about a half an inch from the hard plastic case because of the way the case is designed, I'm guessing that if it get a good enough hit during shipping on that side it'll jar the roll axis bearings and make it stiff and unusable...  
2015-1-13
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.4

China

danieldanv Posted at 2015-1-13 17:36
Please understand that it cannot be calibrated if one of the axis is stuck. As I was saying, the h ...

Hi,
Does the Roll axis stuck even when power off? If so, please contact your dealer to have a further maintenance.
2015-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules