1362 9 2016-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can anyone tell me what firmware is on a new battery as I am running old firmware on my bird that works just great and what happens in this mix.  By old version on the bird I mean 1.1.2

2016-3-28
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

New battery can work with old FW aircraft. No problem.
2016-3-30
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Tim,  New TB48 battery arrived today.
2016-3-30
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

vonbaron1 Posted at 2016-3-30 18:38
Thanks Tim,  New TB48 battery arrived today.

Vonbaron1, do you order your packs from Amazon by any chance ?  They normally have free shipping and price is usually a little less.  I also like the quick shipping.

Let me know - brother donnie
2016-3-31
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I ordered direct from DJI.  Had it in a week.  Good service.  Free shipping
2016-3-31
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

It it still necessary to do the battery conditioning thing?   Can't find it back on the forms so far.
2016-4-1
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

vonbaron1 Posted at 2016-4-1 19:29
It it still necessary to do the battery conditioning thing?   Can't find it back on the forms so far ...

VonBaron Yes, My thinking is that most of these packs shipped to us are more than likely not recently made, therefore the need for updating the pack when they arrive.  So yes ,   you will need to update the battery pack.  I believe that you can just take the most recent FW update  and load it in the Inspire with the new battery pack and it will update.  It is a quick update as well.

I just ordered another pack myself and am curious if I will get the warning.  I would think in the future the packs will  have this loaded  when shipped.  

have fun and fly safe - donnie
2016-4-2
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I am running old FW, so cannot do the update to the battery without it messing with the bird, so that's out of the question for now.  I'm just concern about conditioning the new battery as some were speaking about a while back.  I just don't remember how that goes anymore.  Wish they had a search window in the form.  I'm sure it's in here somewhere about the conditioning of a new battery.
2016-4-2
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

vonbaron1 Posted at 2016-4-2 21:36
I am running old FW, so cannot do the update to the battery without it messing with the bird, so tha ...

Vonbaron , just go to the Header of this page where it lists the different DJI models:     Phantom - Inspire   - Osmo-   Service  -     Here you will also see a" magnifying  glass" search tool at the far right  .  Here you can look up old post's.  BUT to condition the batteries simply give them a full charge and then for the first 10 flights dont go "Full Bore " and only take the battery down to 50% level .  Keep any eye on the voltage to make sure you have a solid pack .  After that I would discharge the battery once every 10 cycles down  to less than 5% or the aircraft just shuts off.  The way I do this is I just fly like normal but get it down to 20% then I make sure to keep the bird very close by ,Then I keep it close to the RTH site and just hover until the pack has hardly enough power to keep it aloft, then I will just land and without powering off the aircraft , I just let the Battery die .  This is usually at about 3-4 %.  Now do a full charge and that is it.  Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy !

Cheers- donnie
2016-4-5
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

donnie;    Yes that's about what I did.  Brought the new battery up to full charge and took it out for a flight.  Did the hover thing for a while to see if it was going to do something stupid and all was well, so took it out to put some time on it.   Brought it back at 50% as I knew the wind was going to blow the rest of the week and didn't want a self discharge to kick in.  So look like we have a handle on it.   Many thanks.
2016-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules