1105 4 2015-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pgaucher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 368983 ft
Hong Kong

Hello all,

I decided to spend my complete lunch time to entertain myself with a lovely DJI customer support person. I was enquiring about the delivery dates and the conversation took an unexpected turn where we spoke about how the power cables seem to be country specific and WILL NOT WORK if you travel to another country and use an adapter.

Below is the transcript. I took away the name of the DJI person out of respect. But it seems to me this makes no sense. Can anyone confirm this. If the case, I'm cancelling my order for sure as all I do is travel with the thing.

Here is the transcript:

'Me
I would like to cancel my Order Number: [color=rgb(23, 96, 147) !important]852…….. I have been waiting for weeks without any response on shipment dates and many people I know have received their unit even if they ordered AFTER me. Unless you can ship a unit TODAY. I want to cancel the order.

DJI person joined the chat

Hello

Your order is in round 2
Round 1 has not been finished
We are not able to ship it out today
sorry for the waiting time
But we kindly suggest you keep this order
We are trying our best to ship out orders
Push the factory and wearhouse

Me
When will my order be shipped. I have people who purchased from the USA and got theirs already. There is no way your are keeping the priority based on order date.

DJI Person
USA and Hk has different version of Inspire 1
We have different stock for different version in stock

Me
Who cares. I ordered before so I should get it before. That is what was promised many times and I am not happy about that. Just send me the USA version if it makes it easier.

DJI person
The cable is not the same

Me
I will use an adapter. No problem.

DJI Person
There is no adapter available
If there is an adapter, we won't produce different version

Me
I am from Canada and live in Hong Kong. I travel around the world all the time so the cable is not important to me. Does it work with an adapter? I can use my own HK/UK adapter.

DJI Person
I don't think so. If it can use a normal adapter, we will use the adapter and not produce so many versions

Me
This doesn't make sense. The Phantom Vision+ I own works everywhere in the world. I just use a power adapter depending on the country I'm in. Are you saying the Inspire won't work if I use a normal power adapter. If so, I should definitely cancel my order.

DJI Person
This is not the same situation as phantom 2 vision plus
If you insist cancelling it, I can help. But please kindly note that you can not get it earlier from other shops. There is stock shortage in the whole market.
I know it has been long time
We feel sorry about that

Me
You are not answering my question. Will the Inspire 1 work with a normal power adaptor if I travel around the world and plug it into a wall socket by using a basic power adapter.
If the answer is 'no', then please cancel my order immediately.
Would it be faster if I went to pickup myself in Shenzhen. It's only 45 minutes away.

Hello, are you still there?

DJI Person
Yes
You can buy other cable

Me
So let me understand this correctly. If I want to charge my batteries in Europe for example, I will need to buy a cable for the European market? Is this correct. And if I travel to Canada or USA, I need to buy another cable for those markets as well. Are you absolutely sure about this?

DJI Person
There are several kinds of cables
You will need to use different cable when you go to different countries

Me
But only 1 cable is provided with the Inspire 1 so that means I need to buy 3-4 other cables as well. Is this correct?

DJI Person
yes

Me
How much do the cables cost and where/when can I buy them?

DJI Person
I don't know the cost now because we don't sell it in our online store currently

I hope we will in the near future

Me
I have to admit I am shocked by this requirements and that a $[color=rgb(23, 96, 147) !important]3000 machine does not have the capacity to charge in different countries. What I think is that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about and that everything will work perfectly with the cable that is provided and a simple adapter. Every single piece of electronic I have purchased for the past 6 years in Hong Kong work everywhere in the world if you simply plug an adapter.

I would think a company with [color=rgb(23, 96, 147) !important]400 engineers would figure this one out and allow the end user to use the Inspire 1 anywhere. This makes absolutely no sense. None whatsoever.

DJI Person
I hope we can use a universal cable soon

Me
I'm sorry but I simply don't believe you. There is no way this is possible. If really the case, then for sure I will cancel my order. Let me check the specs with some people who received it and I will then decide what to do. Thank you.

DJI Person
Thanks for your kindly understanding. You can contact us again if you have other questions.'

Please someone tell me the Inspire will work with an adapter and that this person is simply uninformed. I could not comprehend the opposite being true.

2015-1-12
Use props
piotr.pawlowski
lvl.2

Poland

I could be wrong, but the only cable which could different is the one from electricity plug to AC Adapter, as the adapter itself is universal (Input from 100V to 240V). EDIT: On the adaptor's side there is standard C8 plug.
2015-1-12
Use props
Pgaucher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 368983 ft
Hong Kong

piotr.pawlowski Posted at 2015-1-12 20:54
I could be wrong, but the only cable which could different is the one from electricity plug to AC Ad ...

Yes, that is exactly what I think as well, but clearly the DJI person had no idea. I certainly don't want to travel with a bunch of cables and only want to use a universal adapter for charging the batteries.
2015-1-12
Use props
mlglisson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

What a Hoot I was cracking up, The info this person was giving seemed to be pulled out of mid air.
2015-1-12
Use props
mhaislet
lvl.4

United States

Video link below says it all concerning DJI's response. I got the same run around I canceled my order last Friday from 11/25 . They responded quickly within mins saying I will have a refund in 3-5 days ..Hmmmm....

I was wished a Harry New year from a DJi CS agent in a text exchange...Why Ty ...lol Yeah is gonna be hairy all right.

So I did some reading here and placed another order with The Copter Shop Saturday and Im awaiting response from them with tracking as their site states in stock limited supplies.
I will see soon enough if the order is fulfilled from The Coptershop and never deal direct again and give the dealer a shot at my money.

Here we go again.....this is my last shot trying to get one this year if this isn't gonna happen it was meant to be I will wait for the inspire 2.
Im not butter or upset just a bit perplexed ...This forum is a saving grace for many as Im learning a lot from you all and Ty for sharing issues and what not with us all .

2015-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules