Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Zenmuse GH4 Issues
934 10 2016-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

Well, I have fallen into the Zenmuse problems.  But this is nothing to do with updates though, but has to do with the tilt and roll motors making grinding sounds and occasionally sticking.   I have sent gimbal to DJI USA via express service to get it there ASAP and not even a week later received an email notice from dji stating that it was fixed.  I contacted DJI USA and asked about what was the problem and was told that it was due to an update.  So I explained to the person I spoke with and told him to not ship back the gimbal until they have manually checked the gimbal axis with no power and checked to ensure that the motors were not sticking.   

Well..  long story short...  They obviously didn't because the problem still present.    Received the gimbal back yesterday, and first thin I did after taking it out of the box was to move the tilt and roll axis and it does not stick all the time, but you can definitely hear a grinding noise as if there is something in the motor.   A friend of mine from DSLRPros has contacted the supervisor but I figure I would try to get some answers here as well from DJI.     

2016-3-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have forwarded your RMA to a supervisor. It may be a bit before they contact you as they have to contact the repair shop and go through your entire process to see everything.
I do see that they balanced the gimbal and updated it but I only have limited info that I can view.
2016-3-29
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

I know they balanced the gimbal and updated it.  That is what they told me the problem was but I find it very interesting that they would think that an update would fix grinding noise on the motors.  I specifically told a guy over the phone that the problem where the sticking does not always happen but the grinding is constantly there.   But to hear it you have to move the gimbal manually and listen closely to the roll motor while turning the axis.  You can easily hear the grinding.   I noticed this when I stated the gimbal and the gimbal would not move to calibrate.  I touched the gimbal and it started calibrating, so I turned the craft off and moved the gimbal and that is when I felt it sticking.   Like I said, doesn't always happen but should not happen at all.  And definitely should not have any grinding noise.  
2016-3-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

flaviomjr@vtolx Posted at 2016-3-30 04:06
I know they balanced the gimbal and updated it.  That is what they told me the problem was but I fin ...

I will have someone email you an escalated RMA to have it brought back in.
The repair shop asked that since it was way out of balance, were you using any 3rd party devices or anything else.
2016-3-29
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-29 16:22
I will have someone email you an escalated RMA to have it brought back in.
The repair shop asked t ...

No 3third party device was ever used on it as I know that this gimbal is made specifically for the gh4 and the zuiko lens.  Using anything else could force and damage motors.
2016-3-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

flaviomjr@vtolx Posted at 2016-3-30 20:40
No 3third party device was ever used on it as I know that this gimbal is made specifically for the ...

Ok, no problem. When i talked to the tech who worked on it he said it was way out of balance.
You should have been send an RMA so you should be good to go.
2016-3-30
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-30 09:41
Ok, no problem. When i talked to the tech who worked on it he said it was way out of balance.
You  ...

yes I got an RMA but from what I was told from my buddy at DSLRPros he spoke to Service Supervisor or Manager and I was supposed to get an express shipping label to cover the shipping back to the Repair center but I haven't received it yet.  I was told could take 24hrs.  So I am waiting for that.

Thanks for the help by the way.
2016-3-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

flaviomjr@vtolx Posted at 2016-3-30 21:46
yes I got an RMA but from what I was told from my buddy at DSLRPros he spoke to Service Supervisor ...

OK, yes you will get a prepaid shipping label. You should have it today.
I guess there's no way to make a video showing the issue is there?
Does it make a sound, or do you just feel resistance in your hands?
2016-3-30
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-30 10:54
OK, yes you will get a prepaid shipping label. You should have it today.
I guess there's no way to ...

I would have made a video but its already boxed up and ready to be shipped.   Its very easy to hear the sound.  Like I said, all you have to do is get the gimbal in your hand and manually turn the roll axis and listen very closely and you will hear a grinding noise.   It occasionally sticks, its not all the time, and the tilt axis does the same occasionally.  its almost like there is something scraping in the motor.   I have just finished talking to DJI USA support and they will do a priority rma for me.

Thanks Ken.
2016-3-30
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

Hello Ken, my gimbal was overnighted via fedex to your facility and it is supposed to be a priority RMA which was escalated by Tech support manager.  I have gotten confirmation from fedex that it was delivered just this morning.   Could you make sure that it is looked at right away?  I was told over the phone that it would be looked at first thing when it arrives since It is an emergency and the gimbal was shipped back to me not fixed.   As I said, this RMA was escalated to support manager.   I have marked the box as priority RMA.   The RMA number is 0329201682224275833ESC   

I am concerned because the ticket number is no longer in the DJI ticket portal.

Please let me know.
2016-4-1
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

Any news Ken?  Status has not changed on tracking system.  Concerned with my shoot time frame.
2016-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules