Sensor Calibration Error ...
2631 9 2016-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bobcape3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 135787 ft
United States

I completed the firmware update and the IMU calibration without a problem. I have done the compass calibration each time I have flown my P4.  I have tried to do the sensor calibration from Assistant 2 several times. It allows me to align the boxes on screen and then starts to process the data but comes back with the error displayed below. I have tried it 6 or 7 times.  Does anyone have a suggestion for me to be able to complete the calibration?

Bob

2016-3-29
Use props
andy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 154455 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry to say i have the same.

Aircraft seems to work ok but cannot despite the fact I cannot get past this calibration without it falling. Sometimes it is a 66% sometime at 100%, but always it fails to save the settings and asks to recalibrate.

I got onto DJI support chat, but without really looking at what I was writing the response was would I video it and place it on youtube and then send them a link. I offered a screen dump of the failuer message (the same as you have posted) but it was ignored.  

If it helps I am using twin 4k (3840x2160) Acer monitors, but as all the alignment tests work, so I cannot see it is that.

Anyone got any ideas please?
2016-3-29
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

try changing the screen resolution of your computer, very high resolutions don't seem to work well

sems to work goos on laptops

lower the resolution of your screen or try a smaller one.
2016-3-29
Use props
boxerman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

Mad_Angler1 Posted at 2016-3-29 13:50
try changing the screen resolution of your computer, very high resolutions don't seem to work well

Well that's the first time I've heard of this remedy - lower the resolution.  I will try that.  I have not gotten a successful forward sensor calibration from either of the Assistant programs (OSX or Windows) once.  I've never even seen the boxes to align - it always fails before that.  

DJI - PLEASE WORK ON THE ASSISTANT PROGRAMS - they currently are pre-beta quality.  Good idea, bad implementation...
2016-3-29
Use props
Bobcape3
lvl.2
United States

Mad_Angler1 Posted at 2016-3-29 14:50

I'll try this also.  It's a large HDMI display.  Hopefully I can get it to work.

Bob
2016-3-29
Use props
karlsbar
lvl.2

Germany

Bobcape3 Posted at 2016-3-29 21:43
I'll try this also.  It's a large HDMI display.  Hopefully I can get it to work.

Bob

Take the mouse away from anyway place on screen
2016-3-29
Use props
Bobcape3
lvl.2
United States

karlsbar Posted at 2016-3-29 15:47
Take the mouse away from anyway place on screen

Ahhh.  Good point. I bet it's been right in the middle of the screen every time. I'll try that first.  Easier than messing with my display. Thanks.

Bob
2016-3-29
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hi, I'd suggest you to update your DJI DJI Assistant 2 to version 1.0.2 and try again.
And make sure that the display scale is 100%, which could be found in Display options in Control Panel in Windows.
2016-3-30
Use props
Bobcape3
lvl.2
United States

Success finally!  My PC displays through my 60" plasma TV. I had the setting for the PC input at 150% scale. I tweaked that back to 100%. Still no-go. Even though I was at version 1.0.2, I removed the program and the drivers and reinstalled everything and restarted my computer. I ran the Assistant 2 program as administrator each time.  I tried the calibration at least 5 more times. I got the same results, no-go. Assistant 2 would connect to the P4 and run the calibration for both the forward and downward sensors successfully, but during the final step the progress bar showed "100% Complete - Calibration Failed" as shown in the OP.

Finally, I talked my IT guy from work to log into my work laptop as an administrator and load the DJI Assistant 2 program and the drivers. I hooked up my P4 and ran the calibration. Success on the first attempt!  I'm good now. Unfortunately the IT guy had to remove the program and drivers from my work laptop as soon as I was done.

Lesson learned - some displays are not compatible with the calibration process. I wish there was some documentation that had listed the requirements. That would have saved me several hours and lots of frustration. All good now. We are getting more snow and rain this week but have a great weekend on tap. Looking forward to more flying this weekend.

Bob
2016-3-30
Use props
fansfce9194d
New
Netherlands

Bobcape3 Posted at 2016-3-30 17:17
Success finally!  My PC displays through my 60" plasma TV. I had the setting for the PC input at 150% scale. I tweaked that back to 100%. Still no-go. Even though I was at version 1.0.2, I removed the program and the drivers and reinstalled everything and restarted my computer. I ran the Assistant 2 program as administrator each time.  I tried the calibration at least 5 more times. I got the same results, no-go. Assistant 2 would connect to the P4 and run the calibration for both the forward and downward sensors successfully, but during the final step the progress bar showed "100% Complete - Calibration Failed" as shown in the OP.

Finally, I talked my IT guy from work to log into my work laptop as an administrator and load the DJI Assistant 2 program and the drivers. I hooked up my P4 and ran the calibration. Success on the first attempt!  I'm good now. Unfortunately the IT guy had to remove the program and drivers from my work laptop as soon as I was done.

For people who bought a new device, don't forget to remove the plastic covers from all sensors. This is not mentioned in the manuals. It definitely helped me to solve the calibration issue.
2018-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules