Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Use Osmo like a traditional Camera?
1218 8 2016-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jagman16
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Is if possible to use the Osmo like a traditional camera?

Is it possible to lock the camera pointing forward and disable the gimble so it does not rotate so the camera is always pointing forward and in the direction I want it to point?

Many thanks...

2016-3-29
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello!
By connecting to DJI GO App, you'll find the general camera settings in it, including the video/photo resolution, photo ratio and image format, you can also customize the color, sharpness, saturation and contrast.
In the DJI GO App, you'll find the Orientation Lock feature to lock the camera direction remotely. You can also lock the camera in any direction by holding the Trigger button on the handle.
2016-3-30
Use props
Jagman16
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-30 10:21
Hello!
By connecting to DJI GO App, you'll find the general camera settings in it, including the vid ...

Thanks for the info...

Sadly when I am pointing the camera and tap the button it does not seem to lock the camera position.
the gamble is still active and will not lock.

Is there any other ideas?

Thanks
2016-3-30
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Jagman16 Posted at 2016-3-30 17:41
Thanks for the info...

Sadly when I am pointing the camera and tap the button it does not seem to ...

I would explain that the camera's direction is locked actually, the gimbal is activated as well to adapt to the users' movement. Because of the relative motion between the camera and the gimbal, it feels that the camera was moving..but you'll find that the camera's always pointing at the holding direction.
(Due to the mechanical endpoint, abrupt movement may affect the gimbal's normal performance.)
2016-3-30
Use props
rodAndTheCat
First Officer

New Zealand

Jagman16 Posted at 2016-3-30 22:41
Thanks for the info...

Sadly when I am pointing the camera and tap the button it does not seem to ...

Jagman, you must hold the trigger not tap it. You will see a little yellow gimbal symbol come up. This locks the axis at where you are pointing as long as you hold the trigger. It doesn't actually lock the axis to the handle.
Rod and the cat
2016-3-30
Use props
rj74
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2016-3-30 12:45
Jagman, you must hold the trigger not tap it. You will see a little yellow gimbal symbol come up.  ...

You can also toggle the lock in the app if you don't want to keep holding the trigger
2016-3-30
Use props
Jagman16
lvl.1

United Kingdom

rj74@me.com Posted at 2016-3-30 12:55
You can also toggle the lock in the app if you don't want to keep holding the trigger

Thank you... Will try these. Many thanks.
2016-3-30
Use props
bornish
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91447 ft
United Arab Emirates

rj74@me.com Posted at 2016-3-30 15:55

The original question was how to lock the gimbal such as the camera pans as the handle is rotated. The trigger and the app will lock the camera to point to the same angle, thus the opposite as the user wanted. Think of it this way: mounting the OSMO on your bike / car, you want the camera to always show forward straight according to the direction of movement, which cannot be achieved with current functionality.
Other gimbal sticks available for GoPro or phones actually have this mode, in which you can lock tilt and block pan,... so one can use the gimbal to ensure horizontal filming but forward to the direction of movement (0 degrees of pan).
2016-4-3
Use props
bill4
lvl.1
United States

I would agree, it would be a great feature to be able to lock the pan portion of the gamble, maybe in future firmware updates? When attaching to a bike or car, it becomes almost useless because you cannot lock pan.
2016-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules