P3A drifting problems new firmware.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
carsforlife150
lvl.1

Croatia

I updated my P3A firmware so as the controller, everything checked out successful. I rose my bird up something aroud 10 meters and it starded to drift a lot..much more than before the update! It's moving around like I'm on VPS mode(but I'm not). I calibrate it like always and it showed me 15 satelites. Where is thenproblem I don't know. Does anyone have the same problem with the new firmware? How can I solve the problem?
And yes it was a bit windy but nothing serious, before it behaved much better in these conditions.

Tnx!
2016-3-30
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

Try to calibrate the IMU on a perfect level surface.
2016-3-30
Use props
QuadBart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

+1 on the IMU calibration...
2016-3-30
Use props
carsforlife150
lvl.1

Croatia

Thank you guys!
2016-3-30
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

I'd suggest you to calibrate the IMU on a perfect level surface.What's more, don't forget to calibrate the compass before every flight and fly in P-GPS mode.
here is the IMU calibration tutorial
2016-3-30
Use props
lesrkent
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83307 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi calibrating the IMU on a level surface can be difficult in some locations!
I tend to only fly my P3A in remote locations and uneven terrain so it can be an issue
I usually calibrate before leaving home but being moved around in a car and then humped about
in a bag surely affects the settings rendering the previous IMU calibration useless?

I struggle to fly in a straight line now the shots I have planned are more difficult because of the "Drifting" issue
my friend who flies with me  uses a Uneec Typhoon 4k and that is rock solid,
so c'mon DJI resolve this
2016-3-31
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

lesrkent Posted at 2016-3-31 12:16
Hi calibrating the IMU on a level surface can be difficult in some locations!
I tend to only fly my  ...

Re-read what he wrote.  You only need to do IMU calibration (level and cold) when you change firmware, or have an accident.  He said to do a compass calibration each time you fly.  Most of us ignore that, as it shouldn't change if you are flying the same area all the time.  Do a good compass calibration in the middle of an open area, away from metal objects, etc., and then leave it alone unless there are other factors.
2016-3-31
Use props
lesrkent
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83307 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yh I do the compass calibration every time as I never fly in the same place twice
but the drifting is a major issue, and as I sad those delicate instruments within the IMU
Must become  disturbed during travelling!!   
2016-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules