Iphone 6 Plus won't connect to drone
12720 33 2016-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
elliotdavies717
New

United Kingdom

Hi there, I recently received my Phantom 4 and I had previously set up the DJI App which I was going to use on my Iphone 6 Plus, However when I try to connect the drone it doesn't give me the option to control the camera, it just gives me the option on ''How to connect the drone'' I have tried with different cables with no avail. The drone works with every OTHER device even 2 iphone 5's which I try but just doesn't seem to want to work with the Iphone 6 plus??

Thanks look forward to hearing back from you guys.

2016-3-30
Use props
Nelsongc1
lvl.2

I don't if this will help, but I had the same issue.  I fixed it by powering up both the transmitter and aircraft then opening the app.  This solved my problem.  Hope it helps.
2016-3-30
Use props
rburke11
lvl.1

United States

Try uninstall and reinstall the app.
2016-3-30
Use props
cwhobbies
lvl.3

United States

I use the 6s Plus, works good.
I don't have the new iOS on mine yet.
2016-3-30
Use props
Sajid Shah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 627539 ft
Portugal

Remove the DJI Go app. Reboot your device. Plug in the powered on RC and let it prompt you for an app to install for C1. It will pop up and say "You must download an app to use this device" Or similar. Click allow and let it open the APP store and downlaod the DJI Go app.
2016-3-30
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hi, I'd suggest you to reinstall the DJI GO app and try Apple original lightning cables. If these do not work, please contact us as below:
Email: support.eu@dji.com
Phone:+49(0)97479304200
Monday to Friday, 9:00AM-5:00PM (German Time GMT+1:00)
Online Support:Monday to Friday, 11:00AM-6:00PM (Netherlands Time UTC/GMT +1)
2016-3-30
Use props
itsmelliot
New

United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-3-31 08:09
Hi, I'd suggest you to reinstall the DJI GO app and try Apple original lightning cables. If these do ...

Hi there I've tried that already, I've also been in touch with them but heard nothing back yet!

2016-3-31
Use props
itsmelliot
New

United Kingdom

Nelsongc1@msn.c Posted at 2016-3-30 18:22
I don't if this will help, but I had the same issue.  I fixed it by powering up both the transmitter ...

Hey there, thanks for the response but that didn't seem to be effective, it seems my iPhone is refusing it!
2016-3-31
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

itsmelliot Posted at 2016-3-31 17:57
Hi there I've tried that already, I've also been in touch with them but heard nothing back yet!

Does the app show "How to connect" when you turn on your P3 and its RC with your iPhone connected?
2016-3-31
Use props
itsmelliot
New

United Kingdom

rburke11 Posted at 2016-3-30 18:30
Try uninstall and reinstall the app.

I’m using official apple cables, deleting and re-installing the app and even reseting my phone! However its still saying ‘’How to connect’’, it is most infuriating when I just want to fly my new model.
2016-3-31
Use props
itsmelliot
New

United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-3-31 11:01
Does the app show "How to connect" when you turn on your P3 and its RC with your iPhone connected?

yes it does show that
2016-3-31
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Have you linked your phantom 3 pro and its RC? Are both the firmwares the latest?
2016-3-31
Use props
itsmelliot
New

United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-3-31 11:28
Have you linked your phantom 3 pro and its RC? Are both the firmwares the latest?

yes, its actually a phantom 4 I'm having the issues with, it is linked fine with the rc! gimbal control and everything!
2016-3-31
Use props
Jkeller84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

itsmelliot Posted at 2016-3-31 18:58
yes, its actually a phantom 4 I'm having the issues with, it is linked fine with the rc!  gimbal ...

Have you tried a different apple cable?
2016-3-31
Use props
Jkeller84
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

itsmelliot Posted at 2016-3-31 18:58
yes, its actually a phantom 4 I'm having the issues with, it is linked fine with the rc!  gimbal ...

Nevermind, I just read your post again. Ignore me.
2016-3-31
Use props
itsmelliot
New

United Kingdom

So after speaking to the lady from DJI she abruptly told me that the DJI Go App would not work with the latest version of my phones IOS, then kind of just left it at that, I mean that would be fine if I had any other devices that I directly own, however just borrowing iPads from people won't cut it, I guess she just wants me to wait until the new update comes out before I can fly!
2016-3-31
Use props
Jkeller84
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

itsmelliot Posted at 2016-3-31 08:12
So after speaking to the lady from DJI she abruptly told me that the DJI Go App would not work with  ...

iOS 9.3? She is wrong. Works fine on all my devices, including 6s+
2016-3-31
Use props
davechap
lvl.1
Flight distance : 63301 ft

Jkeller84 Posted at 2016-3-31 20:49
iOS 9.3? She is wrong. Works fine on all my devices, including 6s+

I'm having this same issue with the Phantom 3 Pro and an iPhone 6s. It's on 9.3.1. It was working fine until I updated the aircraft to 1.8 and the controller to 1.6 (the controller was on 1.56 something before that). I get the same issue—but all of my iPads will connect just fine—all on 9.3.1.

Did you ever get your issue resolved? Mine just started acting up today.
2016-4-12
Use props
Sundog Dreams
New

United States

I am also suffering from the same issue with my new P4. I updated firmware on the drone (using DJI Assistant 2) and wanted to update the RC firmware. Tried DJI Go but it won't give me the camera option when selecting Phantom 4, only if I select Phantom 3 Standard. Also, I can't link to the P4. I've tried some of the suggestions posted and will try the others. I'm new to the drone community and I'm not enjoying myself at the moment. Seems like I spent a lot of money for good hardware with crap software. I hope I'm wrong.
2016-4-15
Use props
edcarold
lvl.1

Canada

Some people say if you use iTunes to reinstall iOS on your iPhone it fixes it.
2016-4-15
Use props
mickey.railcam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 377667 ft
United Kingdom

yes, as edcarold, you need to do a complete restore on your ios device using itunes, apparently this resets the ports to recognise your drone. I suspect you might have used a ph3 on the same device?
2016-4-15
Use props
Sundog Dreams
New

United States

Sajid's suggestion worked for me. Happy flying.
2016-4-18
Use props
bmartosb
lvl.1

Spain

I solved the same problem in 5 minutes by installing the IOS 9.3.2 beta. No problems since then
2016-4-18
Use props
tindallbrendan
New

South Africa

Hi
I am having the same problem with iPhone 6 Plus and phantom 3 professional. All firmware updated, Apple cables, deleted app and reloaded. It works perfectly with my iPad. Last step is to reload iOS from iTunes but not sure how to go about this.

Any help would be most welcome as this is very frustrating.
2016-5-1
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi Tindall. Connect your iphone to the computer, use itunes to restore your iphone then install dji go app again
2016-5-6
Use props
paulkozakiewicz
New

United Kingdom

Only this worked for me. Remove the DJI Go app. Reboot your device. Plug in the powered on RC and let it prompt you for an app to install for C1. It will pop up and say "You must download an app to use this device" Or similar. Click allow and let it open the APP store and downlaod the DJI Go app. As soon as I loaded app it said "camera". I was back on line flying.
2016-7-7
Use props
uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I some times get the same with the 6S+  but all it takes with mine is leave everything connected and powered up , then turn off controller then turn it back on
that usually works , or while everything is powered remove the lightening lead from Iphone then plug it back in. these methods have always worked for me.
2016-7-7
Use props
deyonker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59 ft

I feel l like there's something seriously wrong with the USB port on my RC.  When i do the 'uninstall app' plug device into RC and wait for prompt, nothing happens.
I've tried 3 iOS devices, and multiple Apple lightening cables.
2016-8-20
Use props
caranod
lvl.1

United States

Just because I've seen multiple people not realize this.
image.jpeg
image.png
2016-8-20
Use props
suhail.awad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 539531 ft
United States

I normally fly with my ipad, but the other day i forgot it at home, so i used my Iphone 6 Plus.  Everything was going fine, bird was in the air and i was controlling her with the sticks, but i got a pop up on my iphone asking me to allow connection to C1, and to allow or ignore, i clicked allow, and it popped up again a few minutes later....at that point i brought her down lower to the ground in case there was some problem, but she was responsive and responded to commands properly.   Has that happened to anyone mid flight?  could it be a bug?  I am running iOS 10 public beta, but others have said they have not had any problems running on ios 10.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like that?  Never happened on my ipad, which is NOT running ios 10
2016-8-20
Use props
userdedfc06f86
lvl.1

Phantom 4.  Iphone 6 plus.  Always worked fine until today when the DJI Go app simply doesnt connect.  Changed cables.  reinstalled app.  took phone back to factory settings with just DJI GO installed without any success.  Works fine on wife's  Iphone 6 and Ipad Mini.  Very frustrating.  Any other suggestions.

2016-11-1
Use props
zott
lvl.1

Just an update.  Switched phone to Airplane mode and it connected straight away.  Then switched it off and it was fine.

2016-11-1
Use props
fansfe8e35c4
lvl.1

United Kingdom

My brother uses his iPhone 6 Plus with no problems and I use my iphone6s plus also with no problems
2016-11-2
Use props
Ezreal
lvl.2

Hi, it seems that this issue only occurs on your iPhone 6 Plus. In this case, maybe there is something wrong with your iPhone system that leads to the problem. You can check if iOS needs to be updated. If there is an update available, just download and install it. After that, this app can work well on your iPhone 6 Plus. If you ensure that iOS is the latest version, you can consider an iOS repair tool like Joyoshare UltFix to resolve the problem. With it, you will not take the risk of losing data during the process.
2019-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules