Any difference in the V2 X3 and newer X5 mounting plate?
4720 30 2016-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SVTRay
lvl.3

United States

I'm wondering if you can use the new V2 mounting plate to attach an X5 or do you need to replace the plate?
Thanks.
2016-3-30
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was trying to understand your question. So, if you have the Inspire 1 V2 it already has the updated mounting plate that works with both the X3 / X5 cameras.  If you have the Inspire 1 V1 it will require the new mounting plate before you can use the X5 camera.  I have both of them and IMO the new mounting plate has a lot to offer as far as stability and worth the upgrade from the stock X3 version

Rich
2016-3-30
Use props
SVTRay
lvl.3

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-3-31 04:58
I was trying to understand your question. So, if you have the Inspire 1 V2 it already has the update ...

Thanks for the reply.

I'm trying to figure out what is needed to swap an X5 into an X3 V2 bird.

So there is a difference between the V2 X3 and X5 mounting plate?
2016-3-30
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Read what Rich posted - "So, if you have the Inspire 1 V2 it already has the updated mounting plate"

2016-3-30
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

SVTRay Posted at 2016-3-30 14:29
Thanks for the reply.

I'm trying to figure out what is needed to swap an X5 into an X3 V2 bird.

SV
no difference regarding the mounting plate on the V2 Inspire 1 aircraft... The X5 will mount onto the V2 without any modification,

You will need the landing gear risers that are shown in the link below. Otherwise the camera will hit the ground.
http://store.dji.com/product/inspire-v2-landing-gear-riser-kit

Rich
2016-3-30
Use props
SVTRay
lvl.3

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-3-31 07:09
SV
no difference regarding the mounting plate on the V2 Inspire 1 aircraft... The X5 will mount on ...

Thanks!

2016-3-30
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-3-30 13:58
I was trying to understand your question. So, if you have the Inspire 1 V2 it already has the update ...

Are you using the X5 mount with your X3? I have been doing that and I like the X5 mount better for the X3 and X5.

Dave
2016-3-30
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2016-3-30 17:31
Are you using the X5 mount with your X3? I have been doing that and I like the X5 mount better for ...

Hi Dave

Yes, my new Inspire 1 V2 came with the new camera mount system and it is very nice. I can see a big difference in the way it stabilizes the X3 camera vs the original X3 mount on my old Inspire 1. I will upgrade my other Inspire when I get a chance.... I noticed that some have been commenting about Jello in their video's, this would make this much better IMO!  

So, yes this is a nice improvement overall

Rich
2016-3-30
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-3-30 17:48
Hi Dave

Yes, my new Inspire 1 V2 came with the new camera mount system and it is very nice. I can ...

Yeah, I have been beta testing the new X5R and I love the X5 mount. X5R is not bad either. Ha ha.
But I need to upgrade my computer system if I am going to work with Raw Video.

Dave
2016-3-30
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2016-3-30 18:04
Yeah, I have been beta testing the new X5R and I love the X5 mount. X5R is not bad either. Ha ha.: ...

You lucky Dog!!  I do not have the money for the X5 camera right now and do not have the skill level to run the camera. So, I am pleased you get to play with it.  

I have the computer required to work with RAW files    half way there

Rich
2016-3-30
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-3-30 18:28
You lucky Dog!!  I do not have the money for the X5 camera right now and do not have the skill lev ...

Thanks. Yeah I am lucky. It is the best camera I have had the pleasure to fly.

Dave
2016-3-31
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2016-3-31 20:33
Thanks. Yeah I am lucky. It is the best camera I have had the pleasure to fly.

Hey Dave

How is the weight difference  vs handling and can you say what the battery times are for the TB47 / TB48 packs?  I think I saw Tim say you can get the power warning if you climb out under full power at times or if you are getting low on power...

Rich
2016-3-31
Use props
dobmatt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-3-31 21:38
Hey Dave

How is the weight difference  vs handling and can you say what the battery times are for ...

Rich, here's the issue with X5 damper plate installation I was talking about. The shoulder bolt must fit snugly in bracket nestings, allowing screw head to sit at the bottom of recessed hole. In my case the diameter of shoulder was too big (or rather hole too small), scraping the excess of material away and causing visible deformation of soft plastic frame behind and missalignment of entire susspension. Again, not a major issue, easily fixable by skilled mechanic and perhaps caused by random manufacturing fault.
x5 brace.jpg
2016-3-31
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-3-31 20:38
Hey Dave

How is the weight difference  vs handling and can you say what the battery times are for ...

Yeah, I think using the X5R with the TB47 is pushing the limits on the original Inspire1 and TB47. I get power warnings and battery dropping into red when flying. Flight time with the TB47: I get about 10-11 min flights down to 30% first low power warring.   I would recommend using the Inspire Pro if flying the X5R. The Inspire1 is fine and capable of doing the job (I have about 70 flights on it, most all of those over the Pacific Ocean)  I just think the Pro would be better. Also several of the other testers are flying the X5R with the Inspire1, with many flight hours logged.
I do need to get a couple of TB 48 packs that should help some.

Dave
2016-4-1
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dobmatt Posted at 2016-4-1 00:08
Rich, here's the issue with X5 damper plate installation I was talking about. The shoulder bolt mus ...

dobmatt
Excellent photo and description for your issue. Thank you so much for sharing this information!
I see the area you are talking about (nice attention to detail). It looks like the shoulder screw has Loctite on the threads. This must be installed into metal otherwise it would damage plastic. Is the base plate metal?

After looking at my new Inspire 1 V2 the screws look to be put together correctly. I will be changing my old Inspire 1 over to this new X5 mounting plate and these are the parts you assemble doing so. I really think the new mount does a better job of stabilizing the camera (even the X3)!

Rich
2016-4-1
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2016-4-1 08:27
Yeah, I think using the X5R with the TB47 is pushing the limits on the original Inspire1 and TB47. ...

Maybe DJI will be coming out with another battery option for the larger cameras on the Inspire. It seems that you would really need to plan your flight if you are only getting about 10-11 minutes to 30% in reserve. depending on wind 30% can go pretty fast.

I see why they increased the motor power on the new Inspire 1 V2, to get better run times and handle the weight. I really like my new V1 and cant wait to try it out (once I am feeling better)

Rich
2016-4-1
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2016-4-1 10:27
Yeah, I think using the X5R with the TB47 is pushing the limits on the original Inspire1 and TB47. ...

Dave clarify one ( actually 2 )  thing.  Does the Inspire 1 V2 ( which has the  3510 H motor )  have the same motor as the Inspire 1 Pro . Also does the Pro have the same Extensions added to it like a Inspire 1 V2 would need if upgrading to X5 or is it manufactured differently with longer taller gear.

Thank you , If you could answer these 2 questions it would be great - donnie
2016-4-1
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-1 09:57
Dave clarify one ( actually 2 )  thing.  Does the Inspire 1 V2 ( which has the  3510 H motor )  hav ...

Yes for both of your questions Donnie.

Dave
2016-4-1
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2016-4-1 12:17
Yes for both of your questions Donnie.

Thank you Dave ,

Also if you have a minute.   I have an idea to clear up some of these bricked remotes that folks have.  I was wondering if  you could run this by the Tech guys or gals  ( or yourself if so inclined)   There is a file on one of the threads, it is a gs_ofdm file. This file was provided by Tahoe Ed about 6 months ago.  You would load this file ( On the RC Transmitter with thumb drive  )  and then afterwards you would load the latest FW version on a thumb drive and Hocus Pocus, the Transmitter was back in business.  
So lets utilize that same fix but after loading the gs_ofdm file we load the C1_FW_1.05.0080 file .  This would all be done on a thumb drive to the RC Transmitter. Both of these file s are found on the thread in various locations.  I have had some luck ( helping others ) with Using thumb drives to update bricked RC's  with Just the 1.05 FW.  I wonder IF my odds will increase if we use it in conjuncton with the gs_ofdm file.  Could you ask and see if that file still is relevant now that it is 6 months later.  I only ask to help others, my RC is fine. I just get pleasure out of helping others and I learn a Heck of a lot in the process to make me a better Pilot.

What does the gs_ofdm file do ?  does  it clear the RC or does it have another function ?

Thanks- brother donnie

2016-4-1
Use props
dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-4-2 00:44
dobmatt
Excellent photo and description for your issue. Thank you so much for sharing this informa ...

Rich, the entire X5 suspension system design seems to be of compromising attempt to solve the troubled early models design and to accommodate existing plastic bottom frame features without costly changes to it. For example, the clamping nuts devices are of bizarre shape, machined from heavy solid chunks of aluminum to fit into old rubber dampers nests. Although the system does the vibrations damping job flawlessly, the entire +/- 600G load hangs on four only M3 screws fastened to the Inspire belly through a very thin aluminum beneath their shoulders! They'll be ripped off during particularly rough landing ... Oh, well, after all no aircraft will survive crash landing intact ...

Cheers, brother.      
2016-4-1
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dobmatt Posted at 2016-4-1 11:42
Rich, the entire X5 suspension system design seems to be of compromising attempt to solve the trou ...

Yes, you are right, the aircraft are built to fly... not crash

With the landing gear up and camera is exposed and damage will happen. I think I would rather have the mount break away first instead of the camera breaking apart.

Rich
2016-4-1
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-1 10:26
Thank you Dave ,

Also if you have a minute.   I have an idea to clear up some of these ...

Ok,  yeah I will see what I can do. One the the guys I would like to run this by is going to NAB so it may have to wait till after that.

Thanks for the help you provide brother. We are lucky to have guys like you here!

Dave
2016-4-1
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2016-4-1 16:09
Ok,  yeah I will see what I can do. One the the guys I would like to run this by is going to NAB so ...

Happy to help , I have good success with just the FW update C1_ 1.05 (For the Transmitter)   but was wondering if I would go from 80 % efficacy to maybe 95% efficacy .  That last 5 % are dumber  than a box of rocks and should just return there aircraft before  they Hurt themselves.   That last 5 % think the movie "Deliverance"  was a love story.........

Brother -donnie
2016-4-1
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-1 14:40
Happy to help , I have good success with just the FW update C1_ 1.05 (For the Transmitter)   but wa ...

LOL
Glad you said that and not me.

Dave
2016-4-1
Use props
dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-4-1 13:12
Yes, you are right, the aircraft are built to fly... not crash  

With the landing gear up and c ...

Rich, of course the X5 is exposed and vulnerable like any other camera on drones with lifted landing gear. It's hanging down like a bull's testicles and it's the first thing to be ripped off when bad things happen. No mercy, no miracle to be expected, no matter how strong the mount is. That's the brutal reality of this tool ...
2016-4-1
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dobmatt Posted at 2016-4-1 23:41
Rich, of course the X5 is exposed and vulnerable like any other camera on drones with lifted landi ...

You are absolutely correct! But with that said, I try to enjoy the fact that this is a awesome aircraft and  focus on the videos it can take    It is a huge investment floating in the sky that is vulnerable to just about everything...... but you can not think about it... or you would leave it at home on the shelf

Rich
2016-4-2
Use props
dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-4-2 11:33
You are absolutely correct! But with that said, I try to enjoy the fact that this is a awesome air ...

It's been a while since I was making HD videos on my DSLR Nikon D3100 camera... When I compared identical size/resolution/format video recorded by this tiny toy-like thing under P3P belly, I couldn't believe my eyes how far technology improved in just a couple years ...
2016-4-2
Use props
Movin on
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173455 ft

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-4-1 09:44
dobmatt
Excellent photo and description for your issue. Thank you so much for sharing this informa ...

Rich, did you find the X5 board a bit snug in locking in the X3 camera the first time?  I have just received my X5 board and it is a really tight fit when locking in the X3 because of the rubber damper used in the base of the X3 camera.
2016-4-21
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Movin on Posted at 2016-4-21 19:16
Rich, did you find the X5 board a bit snug in locking in the X3 camera the first time?  I have jus ...

Yes, I thought it was just me. But the X3 did fit tight the first couple of mountings for me. Most likely normal and it depends on the rubber gasket on the camera too.

Rich
2016-4-21
Use props
Movin on
lvl.4

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-4-21 20:40
Yes, I thought it was just me. But the X3 did fit tight the first couple of mountings for me. Most ...

Thanx.  It really helps to hear from someone "who has been there".
Btw, when I purchased my Inspire 1 from a prior owner, DJI informed me that I could not "de-register" him on their system and re-register in my name, but that the warranty continued based upon the serial number and original date of purchase by the first owner.  I continue to see his ID and mine in my DJI GO record.
2016-4-22
Use props
Movin on
lvl.4

United States

I did inquire of DJI support about the tight fit of the X3 and this is the response that I received today:  
"Since you bought the X5 vibration absorbing board, it is not compatible with X3 camera. You do not need this to mount the X3 camera onto the Inspire 1."
Learn something new every day.

2016-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules