"Motor obstructed" and "prop loose"
1507 6 2016-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nickmedici
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88287 ft

I got a couple messages today when flying saying motor obstructed and then something about one of the propellers being loose but neither were true. Anyone else getting weird messages? Maybe just firmware related?
2016-3-30
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

For safety reasons i would keep the bird grounded untill you figure out what is going on.  Quite possible you may have a motor about to fail.    if you can post the flight log will be helpful.    i highly doubt this has anything to do with firmware, and all to do with hardware weather its a motor or controller.   inspect each motor and plastic mount thr new props lock into.   also examine the props them self as they can wear and break internally
2016-3-30
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hi, I'd suggest you to reinstall the DJI GO app. And you will not see this reminder in the next version.
2016-3-30
Use props
nickmedici
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88287 ft

quickpoint Posted at 2016-3-30 21:28
For safety reasons i would keep the bird grounded untill you figure out what is going on.  Quite po ...

Checked the props and did another flight with no problem. I had more messages pop up too but don't remember what they said. I think all is fine with the drone as it was the first time it happened and did not happen in the most recent flight.
2016-3-30
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-3-30 22:59
Hi, I'd suggest you to reinstall the DJI GO app. And you will not see this reminder in the next vers ...

Was there an issue with the app causing this?    I would think if a motor is throwing out a warning even if it's temporary it should be looked into.   Could be anything from a speed sensor in the motor failing which could produce The Loose prop error if the drone things the motor was free spooling due to flawed data.   Or a ecs going bad showing more power being used than what is actually being used and giving over load issues.     I don't think a problem with potential hardware failure at hand just get a new app and problem solved.   I could be wrong but I don't remember that in patch notes
2016-3-30
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

nickmedici@bell Posted at 2016-3-30 23:00
Checked the props and did another flight with no problem. I had more messages pop up too but don't ...

Replay the flight logs that are saved from every flight.  You can watch and see the errors again.  Don't take it with a grain of salt.  If the drone does have a genuine problem and has a motor fail in flight it's coming down.   And you have a broken drone that may not be covered because it was a pre existing condition that gave you warnings before the failure.
2016-3-30
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

Freddy4fingers Posted at 2016-3-31 00:39
Be careful asking questions.. they will delete your thread.

Only if your completely ignorant and nasty like drone speed.   Questions are fine.  Most questions are good.   Some just stupid.   
2016-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules