What's the correct command to CSC now?
123Next >
14626 95 2016-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
quaddron3
lvl.2

Canada

I just heard that evidently the latest firmware made changes to CSC in air?

It used to be left stick point bottom right. Right stick point bottom left.

So what is it now? It involves a home button as well?

2016-3-30
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

with latest firmware updates i have never needed to execute a CSC but while grounded if you do the "old CSC" with the sticks the motors power up and you are able to take off and fly.    also same procedure shuts them off while on the ground.  
2016-3-30
Use props
Nink
lvl.2

Canada

It's a secret but you will know when you find it.
2016-3-30
Use props
garretn
lvl.2

I believe on another thread I read DJI posted its right/left stick lower right corner and press the RTH button.
Link to DJI post
131#
2016-3-30
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

The old CSC still works but DJI has introduced an additional way to do an emergency stop which is RTH + left stick down/left. Note that neither should be used for a normal motor stop after landing.  For a normal stop (after landing), use just the left stick, down.
2016-3-30
Use props
Nink
lvl.2

Canada

JockC Posted at 2016-3-30 21:34
The old CSC still works but DJI has introduced an additional way to do an emergency stop which is RT ...

This is crazy there should only be one method at most to CSC a craft.  someone had posted that  now there is 4.   I tell my 11 year old 1 stick at a time but now I have to tell him never touch the RTH when touching a stick/. What next? This is like a landmine waiting to go off.   

2016-3-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Nink Posted at 2016-3-31 12:48
This is crazy there should only be one method at most to CSC a craft.  someone had posted that  no ...

I don't believe there are 4 methods, just two.
2016-3-30
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hi, the CSC has changed in the latest Phantom 4 firmware. Here is our released note and you can check it in What's New:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... Notes_en_160317.pdf
But it doesn't change in Phantom 3 Series.
2016-3-30
Use props
Nink
lvl.2

Canada

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-30 21:55
I don't believe there are 4 methods, just two.

I think there are 3 but maybe there is 4 not sure.  Guess I should fire up tutorial and test them all.

1) Left 5 Oclock Right 7 Oclock
2) Left 7 Oclock Right 5 Oclock (does this cause a CSC)
3) Left 5 Oclock RTH
4) ??

2016-3-30
Use props
Nink
lvl.2

Canada

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-3-30 21:59
Hi, the CSC has changed in the latest Phantom 4 firmware. Here is our released note and you can chec ...

OK So you are saying there is
only 1 way to CSC a P4 (Left 5 Oclock and RTH)  
and
Only 1 way to CSC a P3  (left 5 Oclock and right 7 Oclock)

Is this correct.

Sorry just want to make sure I understand.
2016-3-30
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

Nink Posted at 2016-3-31 13:13
and

P3 can be either the old CSC method or Left stick 5 O'clock and RTH for emergency motor stop (2 methods)

Standard motor stop (after landing) would normally be left stick at six o'clock.

I suspect DJI might eventually drop the old CSC method to bring it in line with the P4 but I could see that it's best to initially allow both methods to cater for those who may not be aware of the new RTH /left stick. I can imagine the outrage in these forums if DJI had simply removed the old CSC method and someone who wasn't aware of the new method had been unable to shut off their motors.
2016-3-30
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Nink Posted at 2016-3-31 10:13
and

Yes you are right.
2016-3-30
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-30
Use props
jredford
lvl.1

United States

How do I practice this maneuver?
2016-3-30
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-3-30
Use props
Nink
lvl.2

Canada

So if I am flying a P3 and Put Left sticks in 7 oclock and right stick in 5 oclock position AS PER THE MANUAL.  You are saying this will not CSC ?

2016-3-30
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Nink Posted at 2016-3-31 10:49
So if I am flying a P3 and Put Left sticks in 7 oclock and right stick in 5 oclock position AS PER ...

Oh sorry I miss the word " only "in your word . And if you are flying a P3 and put the left stick in 7 o'clock and right in 5 o'clock position in the air, the motors stop like what the user manual said.
2016-3-30
Use props
Nink
lvl.2

Canada

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-3-30 22:55
Oh sorry I miss the word " only "in your word  . And if you are flying a P3 and put the left sti ...

Thank you for the clarification.   

Are you also saying on a P4 after I have upgraded the firmware if  I do a

Left 5 Oclock Right 7 Oclock  THIS WILL NOT CSC
Left 7 Oclock Right 5 Oclock  THIS WILL NOT CSC

2016-3-30
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-3-30
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Nink Posted at 2016-3-31 11:01
Thank you for the clarification.   

Are you also saying on a P4 after I have upgraded the firmwar ...

Yes you are right. You can try it in the simulator and  see the drone rotating strangely by doing so.
2016-3-30
Use props
Nink
lvl.2

Canada

Morph1 Posted at 2016-3-30 23:14
this is nuts ... what a mess
My will CSC 4 ways I just tested it again as I thought perhaps I  ...

I agree we really need to get to the bottom of what joystick movements or button presses is a CSC and what is not a CSC on each model drone and it also sounds like by firmware version.  
2016-3-30
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-3-30
Use props
Nink
lvl.2

Canada

Morph1 Posted at 2016-3-30 23:33
the question is why would there be more than one way to shut down the motors in mid air....
does t ...

Does Left 7 Oclock and Right 7 Oclock actually CSC or just shut motors off when on ground
Same with Left 5 Oclock and Right 5 Oclock.  I can't power on simulator as wife is  asleep and we all know the noise that makes.  
2016-3-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Morph1 Posted at 2016-3-31 13:39
there is 4 methods test it for yourself...
both sticks down to the left and both sticks down to the ...

Actually, I did try it and they are not all CSC manoeuvres. A CSC command stops the motors instantly, where a motor shutdown, which you use after landing takes a couple of seconds to activate.

If you try these out while your aircraft is sitting on the bench, then any combination of stick command that involves the left stick fully down will cause a motor shutdown, but it is not a CSC. You can simply pull the left stick fully down and move it left or right, whatever, and it will still stop the motors.

The problem with trying it out on the bench is that you get both types of shutdown, and the difficulty is in knowing which type it is.

2016-3-30
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Morph1 Posted at 2016-3-31 14:14

Interesting discovery .... you are right about there being 4 combinations when the manual only says two.

"this does not surprise me that so many P3's had been smashed to smithereens ..."

But I can't agree there.  There aren't so many P3s getting smashed because of accidental CSC whether by 2 or 4 methods.
The number of accidental CSC incidents that are reported is minute despite all kinds of user error being reported daily.
Just think about what moves you'd be making to accidentally hit any of those positions.
They won't happen in normal flight and anyone that flies that way is going to crash sooner or later anyway.
2016-3-30
Use props
quaddron3
lvl.2

Canada

JockC Posted at 2016-3-30 21:34
The old CSC still works but DJI has introduced an additional way to do an emergency stop which is RT ...

That tarded.

Why would you introduce a new method?

The existing one is already causing a lot of noobs to drop their bird from the sky. Now they want to create even more possibility to screw it up?

I thought they 'fixed' the issue by implementing an extra button press so you couldn't mess it up.
2016-3-30
Use props
quaddron3
lvl.2

Canada

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-3-30 21:59
Hi, the CSC has changed in the latest Phantom 4 firmware. Here is our released note and you can chec ...

Oh thanks for clearing it up.

So for phantom 3 still the same joystick command.
2016-3-30
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-3-30
Use props
quaddron3
lvl.2

Canada

JockC Posted at 2016-3-30 22:19
P3 can be either the old CSC method or Left stick 5 O'clock and RTH for emergency motor stop (2 me ...

Honestly, the CSC should NEVER involve joystick only combinations. That is just an accident waiting to happen. Noobs do it enough to prove this is not intuitive and dangerous. Joysticks are for commanding motion. You *might* conceivably do motions that might unlock the CSC and drop the bird.

CSC should be something other than only joystick commands responsible for motion.
2016-3-30
Use props
quaddron3
lvl.2

Canada

Morph1 Posted at 2016-3-30 23:14

Yeah this is a total mess. I don't understand why there are so many CSCs.

Furthermore CSCs should never involve joystick only commands. People intuitively use joysticks to command motion of the craft. Not to stop the motors in the air.

The stats prove it. The fact people have CSCed their bird in the air with such a high frequency shows this is a design flaw.
2016-3-30
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-3-30
Use props
quaddron3
lvl.2

Canada

Morph1 Posted at 2016-3-31 00:22
it happened many times mate,
I agree this combination should be completely removed from flying con ...

Exactly.

If it were up to me I'd leave the joysticks the hell alone for CSC function.

Any number of buttons you can press and hold is fine with me. Nothing at all with the joysticks.

Technically the CSC joystick commands right now can create spiraling motion that even an 'advanced' flyer might want to do for acrobatic reasons. But no, that is off limits because its CSC.
2016-3-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Morph1 Posted at 2016-3-31 15:14
actually it does happen quite often... the question is why would there be so many ways to shut dow ...

' I was under the impression that only left stick down would execute the landing command not the left stick right down or left stick left down, this becomes a bit confusing...
Someone would have to try this over a big and fluffy pillow '

Yeah, I am not keen to try it, fluffy pillow or not. But if you leave the right stick completely alone, you can stop the motors by pulling the left stick down and into any position, left or right.

One way to find out which is which would be to examine the flight logs after you tried it, a CSC should be clearly identified. But I don't have an accoumnt with HealthyDrones, so I am unable to do it.

2016-3-30
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

quaddron3 Posted at 2016-3-31 15:20
Yeah this is a total mess. I don't understand why there are so many CSCs.

Furthermore CSCs should ...

"The stats prove it. The fact people have CSCed their bird in the air with such a high frequency shows this is a design flaw."

And what stats would those be?
Perhaps you could point me to them.
Despite what you and Morph say, accidental CSC is extremely rare.
It just isn't happening.
And you might sooth your newbie fears by thinking what you'd have to be doing with your Phantom to accidentally  CSC .
2016-3-30
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-3-30
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-3-30
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Morph1 Posted at 2016-3-31 16:37
awe you are such a pro, remember this isn't just about you mate, do you have a friend that perhaps ...

"Would that hurt your pro ego to have a different solution to stop the engines on phantoms and save the newbies from crashing their craft and hurting their wallet ?"

Your hypothetical  scenarios aren't happening either.
If anyone hands their controller to a child or buddy without some guidance and lets them CSC, they deserve to lose the Phantom.  And if the child or buddy is flying it so that they can accidentally CSC, it's going to crash anyway, CSC or not.

The whole issue is that you believe that accidental  CSC is common but this is a myth.
It is actually very rare.
I'd be very interested to see how many reported accidental CSC incidents you can even find.
2016-3-30
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-3-30
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Morph1 Posted at 2016-3-31 17:32
sorry but where were you during the killswitch thread where DJI determined that a drone was droppe ...

My reading of that particular thread was that the pwner of the Phantom strenuously denied that any CSC happened and I haven't heard of may of your imaginary children or buddies CSC incidents either.
So where are all the people complaining that accidental CSC is killing their Phantoms?
I read a lot more multicopter forums than you and I'm not seeing them.
Your premise that it's a common problem is a myth that doesn't stand up to any analysis.
The absence of evidence is the problem.
And although I've mentioned several times that anyone that is flying in a way that could result in accidental CSC (like a monley on meth) is going to crash regardless .... I havaen't seen you address that?
2016-3-30
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Morph1 Posted at 2016-3-31 17:32
sorry but where were you during the killswitch thread where DJI determined that a drone was droppe ...

" I read 3 weeks ago as someone dropped their inspire x5pro doing just that, it was posted on this forum, where do you live in a desert under a rock?"

No, I don't live in the desert or under a rock.
But not owning an Inspire, I don't read a lot in the Inspire forum.
I searched for this but without luck.
If you could point me ti this I'd be most appreciative.

2016-3-31
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules