Osmo Timelapse Battery
2236 8 2016-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
msalve412
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1388369 ft
United States

How long does the battery last when recording Timelapse? Is it possible to record from day to night on one battery?
2016-3-30
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello!
When shooting the Timelapse, you can select the record time in the setting as you like.
With the latest firmware version v1.5.2.10 and the latest DJI GO App, one Osmo battery life has been increased to around 90 minutes. It can last about 70 minutes for a total recording, and 80 minutes with WiFi off when recording videos (Please note: Single video recording will be capped at 30 minutes to ensure video quality).

2016-3-30
Use props
m.friedl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
Austria

So the next question is - Is a Timelaps Videorecording?
2016-4-5
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

m.friedl@a1.net Posted at 2016-4-5 18:02
So the next question is - Is a Timelaps Videorecording?

With the WiFi off, you can't connect the Osmo to the DJI GO App, but the Osmo will record the videos or shoot the pictures as usual.
Did I just answer your question?
2016-4-5
Use props
m.friedl
lvl.4
Austria

That´s true, but i can start the Timelaps using WiFi and DJI-Go to start it but i can disable WiFi later on the OSMO.

There are more Ways on the OSMO than Video only.
For example i can make the Pic´s only and produce the Movie later.

Here was my Question - is there possibility to overcome the 30 Minutes using one of this Methods till the OSMO is getting out of Battery?

Thank you - Mike
2016-4-6
Use props
RegDawg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 54091 ft
United States

How exactly can you get a timelapse done if its capped at 30 mins? I'm curious about this as well. With a GoPro, you just shoot pics/shoot video until the battery is drained. You can also attach an external battery to shoot even longer. If only the Osmo was able to do that.
2016-4-6
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

m.friedl@a1.net Posted at 2016-4-6 19:56
That´s true, but i can start the Timelaps using WiFi and DJI-Go to start it but i can disable WiFi  ...

You're right!
I'm sorry I made a mistake. The timelapse won't be limited to 30 minutes, you can set the shooting time as you like in the setting list. Only the normal video recording will be capped at 30 minutes.
2016-4-6
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

RegDawg Posted at 2016-4-7 00:23
How exactly can you get a timelapse done if its capped at 30 mins? I'm curious about this as well. W ...

My bad!
I'm sorry to make you confused about this issue.
I'd clarify that the timelapse is different from normal video recording, and only the video recording will be capped at 30 minutes in the latest firmware v1.6.2.10.
Thanks for your understanding!
2016-4-6
Use props
m.friedl
lvl.4
Austria

@ DJI-Adela,

Thank you for clarification.

That´s what we wanted to know

Mike
2016-4-8